ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Covid-19 Can we use UK special flights from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hareenpatel
Mood:

Spouse Visa Covid-19 Can we use UK special flights from India

Post by hareenpatel » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:13 pm

Hello Members
I am in a weird situation as lot of you.

I am British Citizen and lives in the UK
My wife and daughter are in India.
My wife got Spouse visa in on 13th March 2020, and her visa start date was 8th April 2020.
My 2 years old daughter who was born in India already has COE Right of Abode on her Indian Passport.

We were planning that both of them will fly to UK on after 8th April and meanwhile there was lockdown in India and UK both.

Now British Government is flying back British Citizens from India using chartered flights.

My question is that, can my wife and daughter use this service to come to UK? Please note that they are living at their own in India and I want them to join me in UK asap.

Your guidance will be very helpful

Thank you so much.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Spouse Visa Covid-19 Can we use UK special flights from India

Post by Obie » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:57 pm

Firstly those flights are for British citizen, as your child is British, she may be permitted to travel to the UK accompanied with her mother, however, she has no valid entry clearance, as the one given to her has expired. She need to apply for another 30 days EC which will permit her to come to the UK.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:59 pm

Obie wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:57 pm
Firstly those flights are for British citizen, as your child is British, she may be permitted to travel to the UK accompanied with her mother, however, she has no valid entry clearance, as the one given to her has expired. She need to apply for another 30 days EC which will permit her to come to the UK.
I understood the OP saying the visa start date is 8th April so a valid visa at the moment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hareenpatel
Mood:

Post by hareenpatel » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:00 pm

Yes visa valid from 8th April for 30 days.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:59 pm
Obie wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:57 pm
I understood the OP saying the visa start date is 8th April so a valid visa at the moment.
I thought he was referring to expiry date being the 8th April. Thanks for the correction.

Your wife could make enquiries with the British High Commission to see if she will be permitted. Unlike in the case of Americans(No upfront fees) and the Germany (Small fees), the UK appears to charge their citizens full fees, in some cases beyond market rate. So i do not think they will frown about letting your wife accompany your child, who to all intent and purpose is a British Citizen under section 2(1).

hareenpatel
Mood:

Post by hareenpatel » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:30 pm

Thank you CR001 for the correction.

Thanks Obie for your response.

I tried calling FCO in UK today, but they were not able to understand what I was trying to explain. They keep asking me if my family is stranded. They the guy on line said he will transfer me to his colleague and then line disconnected.

I will try calling again tomorrow and see what happens.

Logically I agree with your first comment that my wife should be allowed. But on the gov.uk they are referring only to British travelers and British residents to be repatriated. That is why I am confused.

Thank you for your input.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:41 pm