ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kilodelta
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Spouse visa extension

Post by kilodelta » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:28 pm

Hi all,

I am due to apply for my wife's FLR(M) extension, her current visa expires on 20th June. With all the test centres closed, we are unable to get an A2 English assessment, and not sure when these will reopen. I also believe all the application centres are now closed. I can't find any government guidance apart from the initial statement they released a week or so ago. What happens in such a scenario? Do we proceed to apply as usual so we don't overstay, or do we hope the HO will give a blanket extension?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa extension

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:04 pm

kilodelta wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:28 pm
Hi all,

I am due to apply for my wife's FLR(M) extension, her current visa expires on 20th June. With all the test centres closed, we are unable to get an A2 English assessment, and not sure when these will reopen. I also believe all the application centres are now closed. I can't find any government guidance apart from the initial statement they released a week or so ago. What happens in such a scenario? Do we proceed to apply as usual so we don't overstay, or do we hope the HO will give a blanket extension?

Thanks.
Maybe naric is working remotely. So if she has none-uk degree then may use that route to meet the English language requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sohail111

Post by sohail111 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:48 am

seagul wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:04 pm
kilodelta wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks.
Maybe naric is working remotely. So if she has none-uk degree then may use that route to meet the English language requirement.
Does the recent visa extension announcement by uk home office apply to you since your wife is already in uk?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:53 am

sohail111 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:48 am
seagul wrote:
kilodelta wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks.
Does the recent visa extension announcement by uk home office apply to you since your wife is already in uk?
New announcement is mainly for those who cannot fly outside of UK either for reapplying or renewing which maynot apply to those who are already allowed to switch/renew into other or same categories from within the UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

kilodelta
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by kilodelta » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:53 am
sohail111 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:48 am
seagul wrote:
kilodelta wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks.
New announcement is mainly for those who cannot fly outside of UK either for reapplying or renewing which maynot apply to those who are already allowed to switch/renew into other or same categories from within the UK.
All,

Thanks for your input. I am trying to go down the NARIC route but that entails getting a statement from University saying her degree was taught in English, which is another challenge in itself. Keeping both options open, might go down the test route - all dependant on time.

Question: If we were to submit the online application and then scan on the English certificate at the physical appointment, any idea if that would work / be allowed? Just trying to think of all possible options so that we don't get stuck. Any additional ideas would be appreciated!

Thank you

kilodelta
Newly Registered
Tanzania

FLR (M) income calculation

Post by kilodelta » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:42 pm

Hi all,

I am just in the process of filling out my wife's FLR (M) form and needed a bit of help with calculating the income and what I need to declare on the form. In summary, I receive a salary of £30,000 per annum plus car allowance of £6,000 = total £36,000. My payslip is broken down as follows:

Salary: £2,500
Car allowance: £500
(Minus) Pension contribution (£100)

Total gross payment: £2,900 per month

Note: The £2,900 is before reduction of taxes and NI.

I'm not sure what figure to declare as gross salary, would it simply be £3,000 (£2,500 = £500), or would it be £2,900? When applying for the first spouse visa, the lawyer had declared an income which was a bit lower than my actual gross (£30,000 at that time, declared £29,850) and I don't understand why!

Thank you :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR (M) income calculation

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:17 am

kilodelta wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:42 pm
Hi all,

I am just in the process of filling out my wife's FLR (M) form and needed a bit of help with calculating the income and what I need to declare on the form. In summary, I receive a salary of £30,000 per annum plus car allowance of £6,000 = total £36,000. My payslip is broken down as follows:

I'm not sure what figure to declare as gross salary, would it simply be £3,000 (£2,500 = £500), or would it be £2,900? When applying for the first spouse visa, the lawyer had declared an income which was a bit lower than my actual gross (£30,000 at that time, declared £29,850) and I don't understand why!

It would be £2900 pm assuming car allowance £500 you regularly receive along with your contractual income.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:48 am

Topics merged!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kilodelta
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by kilodelta » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:20 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:17 am
kilodelta wrote:
Hi all,

It would be £2900 pm assuming car allowance £500 you regularly receive along with your contractual income.
Thank you - Yes correct, the car allowance is part of my contractual obligation which I receive every month :)

kilodelta
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by kilodelta » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:07 pm

seagul wrote:
kilodelta wrote:
Hi all,

Hi all,

Apologies, questions keep coming to mind as I progress the application. We shall be moving houses in the next 6 - 8 weeks. That means that when the application shall be submitted, we shall be at our current address and all correspondence will be dated to this. I am guessing by the time the decision is made on the application, we will have already moved. I understand the Home Office usually send out the decision and BRP via post. Therefore, is there any way of bringing this to their attention? Or is this something we can inform at the Biometric appointment (whenever that happens and centres reopen)?

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:27 pm

kilodelta wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:07 pm
seagul wrote:
kilodelta wrote:
Hi all,

Hi all,

Apologies, questions keep coming to mind as I progress the application. We shall be moving houses in the next 6 - 8 weeks. That means that when the application shall be submitted, we shall be at our current address and all correspondence will be dated to this. I am guessing by the time the decision is made on the application, we will have already moved. I understand the Home Office usually send out the decision and BRP via post. Therefore, is there any way of bringing this to their attention? Or is this something we can inform at the Biometric appointment (whenever that happens and centres reopen)?

Thank you.
If you have signed a new tenancy / bought new home and are 100% sure regarding your home move even during this lockdown then better to provide them the new address. Otherwise buy the royal mail redirection service which most often isn't reliable and certainly won't redirect the BRP card which is delivered by private courier. Or ask help from your landlord or new tenants over this matter.

kilodelta
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by kilodelta » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:36 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:27 pm
kilodelta wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:07 pm
seagul wrote:
kilodelta wrote:
Hi all,

Hi all,

Thank you.
If you have signed a new tenancy / bought new home and are 100% sure regarding your home move even during this lockdown then better to provide them the new address. Otherwise buy the royal mail redirection service which most often isn't reliable and certainly won't redirect the BRP card which is delivered by private courier. Or ask help from your landlord or new tenants over this matter.
Thanks all for your help.

I've just got correspondence from NARIC, saying that I my current English level if CEFR B1, though it may possible to get a higher level of proficiency for which NARIC would have to conduct more inquiries that could take up to 4 months (which I don't have)!

Per my understanding, the CEFR B1 would suffice for the current FLR(M) extension as well as indefinite stay, as it would cover CEFR A2 requirements.. Would someone please be able to confirm? I can then tell them I am happy with the certification as it is :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:56 am

kilodelta wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:36 am

Per my understanding, the CEFR B1 would suffice for the current FLR(M) extension as well as indefinite stay, as it would cover CEFR A2 requirements..
Yes as it stands today.

kilodelta
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by kilodelta » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:51 pm

Hi all,

I am scheduled to apply for the FLR (M) next weekend, and had a couple of quick questions:

1. Cohabitation documents - the final document I have for proof of cohabitation is a bank statement. These do not show the date the statement itself was printed, but shows the date range for the statement generated. In this case, my date range is 23 - 24 April 2020 only. I believe this will suffice and is comfortably within the 28 day range requirement?

2. Bank statements dating 6 months - a bit confused with this. I get paid on 24th of every month, and therefore have statements from 1st October 2019 - 24th April 2020, each of which shows my salary coming in. Question: Assuming I am applying next week e.g. 7th May, does the final statement have to be up to 6th May? Or considering that the statement is up to 24th April, this falls within the 28 day application range?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:35 pm

kilodelta wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:51 pm
Hi all,

I am scheduled to apply for the FLR (M) next weekend, and had a couple of quick questions:

1. Cohabitation documents - the final document I have for proof of cohabitation is a bank statement. These do not show the date the statement itself was printed, but shows the date range for the statement generated. In this case, my date range is 23 - 24 April 2020 only. I believe this will suffice and is comfortably within the 28 day range requirement?

2. Bank statements dating 6 months - a bit confused with this. I get paid on 24th of every month, and therefore have statements from 1st October 2019 - 24th April 2020, each of which shows my salary coming in. Question: Assuming I am applying next week e.g. 7th May, does the final statement have to be up to 6th May? Or considering that the statement is up to 24th April, this falls within the 28 day application range?

1. I never ever seen a bank statement which doesn't carry the date of printing/issuance/downloaded. I am sure if you check carefully then will definitely find that date somewhere on the first page but still it will meet the purpose for cohabitation but preferably don't use such statement if really it doesn't have any date of printing/issuance for meeting the financial requirement.

2. Your bank statement seems fine as being within 28 days by considering your intended date of application.

kilodelta
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by kilodelta » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:13 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:35 pm
kilodelta wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:51 pm
1. I never ever seen a bank statement which doesn't carry the date of printing/issuance/downloaded. I am sure if you check carefully then will definitely find that date somewhere on the first page but still it will meet the purpose for cohabitation but preferably don't use such statement if really it doesn't have any date of printing/issuance for meeting the financial requirement.
Hi Seagul,

I have double checked. I ordered statements through the online chat which arrived through the post. What I have received is a transaction history list, which are similar to bank statements. These are on bank headed paper, are titled "Statement of Account", contain all transactions, contain mine and the banks address, account details, and the date range. However there is no print date - from previous application I remember that a print date was only on the statements which branch printed for me. Maybe it's just the bank that I use...

However, I have tried to download statements directly from my online banking. These contain all the details as per above, as well as a print date. I am not sure whether online PDF can be used for proof of cohabitation? At the footer of the downloaded version, the following statement is also printed:

"This statement has been downloaded from XYZ Bank online transaction services on 28th April 2020".

Your thoughts are welcome :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:38 pm

kilodelta wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:13 pm

However, I have tried to download statements directly from my online banking. These contain all the details as per above, as well as a print date. I am not sure whether online PDF can be used for proof of cohabitation? At the footer of the downloaded version, the following statement is also printed:

"This statement has been downloaded from XYZ Bank online transaction services on 28th April 2020".

Your thoughts are welcome :)
As per members experiences online bank statements in pdf format are acceptable.

kilodelta
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by kilodelta » Fri May 08, 2020 3:49 pm

Hi all,

I am in the final stages before submitting the application, and there is a question which is slightly confusing as below:

"Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?"

When it says "jointly by you and other people", does that include my partner or not?! There are consent forms that need to be signed and since me and my partner have a joint bank account, I am not sure whether he needs to sign any of the forms (Part 2 or Part 3, or both)? The forms are as below:

1. Part 1 - Consent form which applicant has to sign - (Understood);
2. Part 2 - Consent for HO to verify third party information - (Unsure about this form);
3. Part 3 - Consent for HO to verify information from third party sponsor - (I believe this is not applicable since my partner is sponsoring me, and no third party is involved).

I would appreciate if someone would confirm my understanding!

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri May 08, 2020 4:37 pm

kilodelta wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:49 pm
Hi all,

I am in the final stages before submitting the application, and there is a question which is slightly confusing as below:

"Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?"

When it says "jointly by you and other people", does that include my partner or not?! There are consent forms that need to be signed and since me and my partner have a joint bank account, I am not sure whether he needs to sign any of the forms (Part 2 or Part 3, or both)? The forms are as below:

1. Part 1 - Consent form which applicant has to sign - (Understood);
2. Part 2 - Consent for HO to verify third party information - (Unsure about this form);
3. Part 3 - Consent for HO to verify information from third party sponsor - (I believe this is not applicable since my partner is sponsoring me, and no third party is involved).

I would appreciate if someone would confirm my understanding!

Thank you.
Part 3 consent is usually irrelevant because obviously you can't rely on third part support. Part 2 is usually signed by the sponsor if he/she has anything jointly named with applicant. And part 1 is for the applicant only.

kilodelta
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by kilodelta » Sun May 10, 2020 2:23 pm

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a dumb / obvious question. I have been uploading documents on the UKVCAS website. On the preview of some documents, the preview only shows tiny squares instead of the wordings within the whole document. I am not sure whether this is correct or not, or is it just a security feature?

Can someone please shed some light!

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun May 10, 2020 3:14 pm

kilodelta wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:23 pm
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a dumb / obvious question. I have been uploading documents on the UKVCAS website. On the preview of some documents, the preview only shows tiny squares instead of the wordings within the whole document. I am not sure whether this is correct or not, or is it just a security feature?

Can someone please shed some light!

Thank you.
Most importantly the relevant supporting documents must have been scanned & uploaded in its entirety and if you can see them then ignore as what preview illustrate which maybe different in another device.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon May 11, 2020 8:05 am

kilodelta wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:23 pm
I have been uploading documents on the UKVCAS website. On the preview of some documents, the preview only shows tiny squares instead of the wordings within the whole document. I am not sure whether this is correct or not, or is it just a security feature?
The UKVCAS staff should be performing a general check that the documents submitted have been uploaded properly and are legible prior to your appointment. If there are any issues and you bring your supporting documents to the appointment, you should be able to correct them then.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

kilodelta
Newly Registered
Tanzania

FLR (M) application

Post by kilodelta » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:52 pm

Hi all,

I applied and paid for my wife's FLR (M) application on 9th May 2020, with all documents uploaded. In August we got an email from Sopra Steria regarding the reusing of finger prints and uploading a passport picture through the app. We since have not had any response on the visa application, the only correspondence we got was in July saying that the standard timelines will not be met. Despite getting in touch with UKVI on a number of occasions over the last few weeks, we still have not had any update on the application.

Just wondering whether there have been any members who have experienced such an issue? I have gone through the timelines and seems to be that quite a few people who have applied in July / August have already received a response.

Thank you!