ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - can my wife visit UK whilst waiting for outcome?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse visa - can my wife visit UK whilst waiting for outcome?

Post by physicskate » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:22 am

sam_y9 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:53 am
In any case, once she had gone to scan all the documents, fingerprints etc can she come and visit myself in the UK whilst waiting for the outcome of the visa? We have already paid extra so she can keep her passport.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
The general consensus is unclear on this, but it is generally inadvisable. It is a quirk of law as to why.

You are not allowed to hold two categories of visa at the same time. Which means your status as a visitor is superceded by the spouse visa when it is issued and your visitor visa is then 'invalid'. The spouse visa is issued as a vignette sticker in the actual passport valid for entry for 30 days. It is not activated until you enter the UK with this sticker.

Do you see the problem? You are effectively in the UK without status once the spouse visa is issued...

Have people done it before and not had issues? Sure, I am sure they are. And they are generally the types who like to flout the law and think the rules don't apply to them. Don't be one of those people... (is my advise).