ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Spouse Visa Documents Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AmazingSully
Canada

Leave For Remain Extension, When to Apply?

Post by AmazingSully » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:49 am

When I first applied for LFR this board helped me immensely, and now my visa expires in less than 2 months and I'm looking at extending it. When I was on the board previously however everyone was saying to apply when you have 1 month remaining on your visa, but I was reading on the gov.uk the following:
You can extend or switch at any time before your current permission to stay in the UK expires.

You must live in the UK for a certain amount of time before you’re eligible for settlement (‘indefinite leave to remain’) - check how much time you need before you extend your visa.

If you’re extending to stay with the same family member, you’ll only get up to 28 days left on your current stay added to your new visa.
It's the last line that concerns me, because apparently the processing time is 8 weeks? So, did they change the process so that now you can apply whenever, or am I misunderstanding this? It sounds like "extending" might simply mean going to ILR, which I'm not trying to do, I'm just trying to apply for my second LFR. I can't afford to apply at the wrong time as the fees are outrageous, and any assistance with understanding this would be greating appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Leave For Remain Extension, When to Apply?

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:14 am

You can apply to extend within 28 days of reaching 30 months residence, counted from the date you entered the UK on a spouse visa or the date visa was issued if you switched within the UK.

Nothing has changed regarding this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazingSully
Canada

Post by AmazingSully » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:21 am

Thank you for the clarification. Think the wording just threw me off.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:41 pm

AmazingSully wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:49 am

If you’re extending to stay with the same family member, you’ll only get up to 28 days left on your current stay added to your new visa.
What it is saying that even you will still have the surplus remaining days on old leave when you will get the decision of new application then caseworker might add an extra 28 days. For example if someone applies extension 28 days before completing 30 months and obtain extension in few days then might be benefited with extra 28 days + 30 months (normal visa duration).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazingSully
Canada

FLR(M) Spouse Visa Documents Question

Post by AmazingSully » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:06 am

Hello all,

My application is coming up and I'm trying to get all of my documents together. I am gathering all of my pay slips and bank statements, as well as the document from my employer that confirms my salary meets the income threshold, but if I'm not mistaken these documents have to be within a 30 day limit is that right? For instance the letter from my employer needs to have been generated no more than 30 days prior, and my statements/paystubs must be so the latest is within 30 days.

Is that 30 days from the date of filling out the application online, or 30 days from the date of the appointment? Obviously I won't know when the appointment date is until I make the application which I will be doing on the 26th of this month, so I was wondering how to proceed. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) Spouse Visa Documents Question

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:45 am

Your most recent payslip and bank statement and employer letter cannot be old than 28 days on the date of application online.

Your biometric appointment date is irrelevant. Ukcvas Centres are also all closed at present
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazingSully
Canada

Post by AmazingSully » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:56 am

Okay, thank you for the response, and seriously all of your work. You're a beast on this forum.

With regards to the centres being closed, I've already applied for an extension of my Visa until the 31st of May. Do you know if I'm able to still file the application on the 26th like I planned, but be unable to attend the appointment until slots open, or if I need to wait until they are open again before applying?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:07 am

The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and not the biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:10 am

Within 28 days I.e. prior to when generated and when you submit your application.
Appointment day coming after submission.

AmazingSully
Canada

Post by AmazingSully » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:07 am
The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and not the biometric appointment.
Ah yes, I just meant, with the centres closed right now, should I still fill out the application online on the 26th, or should I wait for them to open again?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:34 am

Yes, you need to apply. When the centres reopen, you then simply book your biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AmazingSully
Canada

Post by AmazingSully » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:45 am

Okay thanks again.