ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Romanian rezidence card.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hellena3301
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Romanian rezidence card.

Post by Hellena3301 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:24 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm posting here my question, hoping I can find the right answer, after I got a lot of confusing opinions from different institutions/ people.
I am a romanian citizen, married with a moroccan and we both living in Romania. My husband in January he got from Romania institution (imigration ) a temporary rezidence permit ( Permis de rezidență temporar).
With this permit,and with his passport we travelled together in different countries in Europe, without any additional visa.
Last month we wanted to travel to UK, from the check in the airline company refused our flight, and reason was the Rezidence permit is temporar and UK accept only permanent.
I called Imigration and borders in the UK, they confirmed with me as long as the Rezidence permit is under Arcticle 10of UE they will accept him without any visa.
I'm a bit confused now, If we managed to travel to Europe (France, Netherlands ) with this permit,does UK will recognise it and let us to travel; I'm stressed to get another ticket and be refused.
Does anyone had similar experience?
Many thanks,
Elena

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Romanian rezidence card.

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:31 pm

Have you reviewed the gov.uk site:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... dence-card
This may answer your query or someone else here will advise further.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:32 pm

For a start, the UK is not part of the Schengen zone. What might be acceptable in the EU Schengen zone, is likely not applicable to the UK.

He needs a visa for the UK if he does not hold an Article 10 residence card issued under the EU regulations. If he has been issued a permit under the domestic Romanian immigration rules, then this is not an article 10 residence card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zynmalikkkk

Post by Zynmalikkkk » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:47 pm

Hellena3301 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:24 pm
Hello everyone,

I'm posting here my question, hoping I can find the right answer, after I got a lot of confusing opinions from different institutions/ people.
I am a romanian citizen, married with a moroccan and we both living in Romania. My husband in January he got from Romania institution (imigration ) a temporary rezidence permit ( Permis de rezidență temporar).
With this permit,and with his passport we travelled together in different countries in Europe, without any additional visa.
Last month we wanted to travel to UK, from the check in the airline company refused our flight, and reason was the Rezidence permit is temporar and UK accept only permanent.
I called Imigration and borders in the UK, they confirmed with me as long as the Rezidence permit is under Arcticle 10of UE they will accept him without any visa.
I'm a bit confused now, If we managed to travel to Europe (France, Netherlands ) with this permit,does UK will recognise it and let us to travel; I'm stressed to get another ticket and be refused.
Many thanks,
Elena
You can travel by road to Calais France where you can request entry clearance stamp to UK immigration officer on your husband passport.

Hellena3301
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by Hellena3301 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:10 pm

Thank you guys for all the answers;
How can I check if the permit which he's having is under Arcticle 10,and not under Romania law.
Thanks!

Zynmalikkkk

Post by Zynmalikkkk » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:15 pm

Hellena3301 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:10 pm
How can I check if the permit which he's having is under Arcticle 10,and not under Romania law.
Thanks!
To get entry through land border he doesn't need article 10 card or article 20 card.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:32 pm

Hellena3301 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:10 pm
Thanks!
If you are Romanian in Romania and your husband received a residence permit because he has a Romanian spouse, it's not an article 10 residence card (EU law).

The only way your husband could have an article 10 residence card would be, if you and him had lived together in a different EU country and had then returned to Romania.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Hellena3301
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by Hellena3301 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:08 pm

Makes sense now... so we are free to travel with this permit to any European Country ( it is recognised by them) but UK it is the exception,am I get it right?!
At the moment we are in Netherlands, and we was planning to visit my sister in London ,but I guess the land border is the only way to get in. I HOPE !!
Thank you soo much!!

Zynmalikkkk

Post by Zynmalikkkk » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:04 pm

Hellena3301 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:08 pm
Makes sense now... so we are free to travel with this permit to any European Country ( it is recognised by them) but UK it is the exception,am I get it right?!
At the moment we are in Netherlands, and we was planning to visit my sister in London ,but I guess the land border is the only way to get in. I HOPE !!
Thank you soo much!!
if your husband travel with you to UK by road he will get permission to enter UK being a family member of EU citizen. You have to prove your relationship by showing immigration officer your marriage certificate and residence cards.

Hellena3301
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by Hellena3301 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:18 pm

Thank you Zynmalikkk; we have all the documents with us.
We are waiting for this lockedown situation to be off,because I m afraid they will reject our entry for this reason.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:21 am

Zynmalikkkk wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:04 pm
Hellena3301 wrote:
Thank you soo much!!
if your husband travel with you to UK by road he will get permission to enter UK being a family member of EU citizen. You have to prove your relationship by showing immigration officer your marriage certificate and residence cards.
How can you say he will get permission to enter being a family member of an EU citizen. It's not so easy the way you think. There is no guarantee he will be able to enter UK from France via Land border just by showing Marriage certificate. They can refuse him too. Many people tried that route but failed . success rate is very low without ARTICLE 10 residence card.

Please apply EEA FAMILY PERMIT. https://www.gov.uk/family-permit
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Zynmalikkkk

Post by Zynmalikkkk » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:45 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:21 am
Zynmalikkkk wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:04 pm
Hellena3301 wrote:
Thank you soo much!!
How can you say he will get permission to enter being a family member of an EU citizen. It's not so easy the way you think. There is no guarantee he will be able to enter UK from France via Land border just by showing Marriage certificate. They can refuse him too. Many people tried that route but failed . success rate is very low without ARTICLE 10 residence card.

Please apply EEA FAMILY PERMIT. https://www.gov.uk/family-permit
Lot of family members of EU citizens got entry into UK by this route.

poison172
Newly Registered
India

Post by poison172 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:42 am

If he hold residence card as ( Permis de sedere pentru familie roman) he can't board any flight from romania to UK. But it let you fly to many schenghen countries from romania .. Ex-- FRANCE.... You can try your luck by land border.. by BUS ..avoid train ..
Keep your romanian marriage certificate along with permis de sedere.. other proofs you have to prove marriage is genuine...

Hellena3301
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by Hellena3301 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:49 am

Many thanks everyone! We are going to try once the lock down in uk is off.

Hellena3301
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by Hellena3301 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:11 pm

Hellena3301 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:24 pm
Hello everyone,

Many thanks,
Elena
A short update: We deceided to the risk and get a flight from Amsterdam to London Heathrow, with KLM; having with us only the romanian residence card( which is not an article10 card) ,my husband's passport and marriage certificate.
A small detail....the residence card was damaged by accident, the chip blowed out.
KLM accepted us on boarding, Dutch imigration let us to get out without any problems ( they were shocked about the residence card:)), after tons of emotions,and stress the UK imigration and borders gave my husband an entry visa under EEA regulation for 6 months in less than 10mins.
For everyone who's thinking to go to uk with a similar situation like our, my advice is take your chance and try,maybe it will be your lucky day.
Good luck everyone and I 'm soo happy that I discovered this forum with soo many advices. Thank you soo much for all your opinions.