ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa Extension from outside UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Settlement visa Extension from outside UK

Post by MrClientServer » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 pm

Dear Experts,

I am a naturalized British Citizen.
My wife is an Indian Citizen.

My wife got a Settlement/Spouse visa in Oct 2018 and which is valid till June 2020.
She came to UK in Oct 2018 and stayed 10 months and went to India as she was pregnant and later stuck in India due to some health issues with her parents.
In short, last 1.5 years she was in India and now planning to come back to the UK.

Recently (in Feb 2020) I got a long term contract in Switzerland and temporarily moved from the UK to swiss.

As my wife visa extension is due in June 2020 and she is in India now. Due to Covid19 she could not able to travel the UK. So I am planning to apply for an extension of spouse visa from India itself(Not sure if this facility is available).

Q1) Can she apply Settlement/spouse visa EXTENSION from India?

Q2) As my wife was in India for 1.5 years would this be a problem for her spouse visa extension?

Q3) Salary income question:
In the Last 1 year, the first 10 months I worked in the UK and earned more than 32K.
Recently (i.e Feb 2020) I start working in Swiss and earned 14K.
So now my question which of the following best idea so that my application will not complicate.
- Whether to show 10 months (UK earnings) so that application would be straight forward
- Or should I include my last 2 months(Swiss earnings) as well?
In short, will the home office accepts 10 months' income(starts from Mar 2019 - Dec 2019) or they demand latest?

Q4) Last question will there be any issues or should I take care of anything if I have to show my Swiss earnings?

Thank you for your time and Any piece of information would be a massive help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Settlement visa Extension from outside UK

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:50 pm

1. Visa extension won't be possible from outside of UK

2. Although there is no absence limit but 1.5 years of absence won't be ignored. Also you won't have sufficient evidences of cohabitation which are mandatory.

3. Your both plans might not work because currently you don't have job offer going to start within 3 months and also have no UK employer who can issue the employer letter which is imperatively needed under both options (category A & B).

4. Overseas income is only counted where either you are returning to UK with job offer or have already started working with UK employer for applying under category B which allows overseas income to combine with UK earned income.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:39 pm

MrClientServer wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 pm
My wife got a Settlement/Spouse visa in Oct 2018 and which is valid till June 2020.
Are the above dates correct? They appear to be for a period of about 21 months which is not the case for most spouse visas.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:47 pm

Maybe OP's partner got visa in September 2017 with 30 months of entry clearance vigenette and then arrived in October 2017 instead 2018.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:19 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:47 pm
Maybe OP's partner got visa in September 2017 with 30 months of entry clearance vigenette and then arrived in October 2017 instead 2018.
*****30 days of entry clearance*****

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:15 am

seagul wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:50 pm
1. Visa extension won't be possible from outside of UK

2. Although there is no absence limit but 1.5 years of absence won't be ignored. Also you won't have sufficient evidences of cohabitation which are mandatory.

3. Your both plans might not work because currently you don't have job offer going to start within 3 months and also have no UK employer who can issue the employer letter which is imperatively needed under both options (category A & B).

4. Overseas income is only counted where either you are returning to UK with job offer or have already started working with UK employer for applying under category B which allows overseas income to combine with UK earned income.
Thank you very much Seagul.
2.For your second point referring to cohabitation , I agree my wife is in India for the last 1.5 years and same time my employer allowed me to work from India. So It was like working remote and stayed with my family not in uk but in India.

3. I am afraid and wondering why both the options would not work?
As i said I worked my last company for 4 years i.e from Jan 2016 till Dec 2019 as a permanent employee and every piece of documents (including employer letter ,p60, banks stmts, payslips all are available).
In that case , Can I show my earning only for period
from Mar 2019 - Dec 2019 (UK Employment) ?

Would be still a problem ???

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:16 am

Korekt wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:39 pm
MrClientServer wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 pm
Are the above dates correct? They appear to be for a period of about 21 months which is not the case for most spouse visas.
Sorry . My mistake it was typo. It was 2017 not 2018.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:41 pm

MrClientServer wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:15 am

In that case , Can I show my earning only for period
from Mar 2019 - Dec 2019 (UK Employment) ?
That could have only assisted in meeting the one part of category B where you must have earned at least £18600 during the last 12 months. Whereas the second part of category B can only be met where you are now employed with UK employer with annual wages of £18600. You cannot use previously earned UK income from abroad rather can use your overseas income if returning to UK with job offer or have already started working with UK employer (same as previously advised). Also without job offer or uk employer letter the criteria won't be fulfilled.

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:37 pm

Thanks a million Mr.Seagul. You are the star.

My sincere apologies to bother you one more last time.

I am looking at another option of CashSavings instead of breaking head with my salary income.

What I have learned is, £62,500 in cash savings is required to meet the financial requirement using only cash savings.

Here is my scenario:-
I have £30K in my UK Barclays Bank Savings Account.
I have Rs.40 Lakhs in my India HDFC bank which is equivalent to UK's £41K .
If I club UK & India Savings together then I am getting around £70K (£70,000).
I am maintaining all the above amounts for more than 8 months constantly.
But an important question is, Will HomeOffice accept cash savings from an Overseas/Indian bank account as some part of my savings are in India ???

Once again my sincere apologies if I am taking your time but just checking all the possible options. Thank you in advance & Stay safe _/\_

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:52 pm

MrClientServer wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:37 pm

My sincere apologies to bother you one more last time.

I am looking at another option of CashSavings instead of breaking head with my salary income.

What I have learned is, £62,500 in cash savings is required to meet the financial requirement using only cash savings.

Here is my scenario:-
I have £30K in my UK Barclays Bank Savings Account.
I have Rs.40 Lakhs in my India HDFC bank which is equivalent to UK's £41K .
If I club UK & India Savings together then I am getting around £70K (£70,000).
I am maintaining all the above amounts for more than 8 months constantly.
But an important question is, Will HomeOffice accept cash savings from an Overseas/Indian bank account as some part of my savings are in India ???

Once again my sincere apologies if I am taking your time but just checking all the possible options. Thank you in advance & Stay safe _/\_
Yes overseas cash savings are acceptable provided are easy withdrawable. These can also combined with UK's cash savings. But you have to declare their source.

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:49 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:52 pm
MrClientServer wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:37 pm

Yes overseas cash savings are acceptable provided are easy withdrawable. These can also combined with UK's cash savings. But you have to declare their source.
Fantastic. Thank you very very much Mr.Seagul. :D
This could be saving grace and I really appreciate for providing valuable information.
Stay safe and god bless you.