ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 200K Extension and Dependent.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mohammad1234
Newly Registered
Iran

Extension and dependant BRP expiry date

Post by Mohammad1234 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:47 pm

Hello,

If someone can help me with my inquiry

My job creation (200k route)will be 12month completed by End of June 2020. I believe my extension possible to apply by then.

My question is that. my BRP as 3yrs 4 months will be expiring by Oct -2020 however my wife BRD expiry date is 15-June 2020. (no children)

Is it a must I should apply for fo extension before the expiry date of my dependant?

Or its a Home office mistake?

Thank you all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Extension and dependant BRP expiry date

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:52 pm

Is it a must I should apply for fo extension before the expiry date of my dependant?
Yes
Or its a Home office mistake?
Maybe, maybe not. Depends what the letter said when she got her initial visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mohammad1234
Newly Registered
Iran

Re: Extension and dependant BRP expiry date

Post by Mohammad1234 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:58 pm

Thank you

Mohammad1234
Newly Registered
Iran

T1 200K Extension and Dependent.

Post by Mohammad1234 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:26 am

Hello,
Please if someone can help me with my question.

T1 200K, I am about to apply for an extension.

MY BRP expiry is 18/10/2020 however my wife BRP expiry is 18/06/2020 we don't know the reason, and both of us got BRP at one time, one application in 2017. a solicitor said its a mistake which is happened by the HO.

200k investment done,
2 staff working for 12 months completed May /2020.

my question: the 90 days of minimum funds holding in an account will be completed by 23/06/2020.

is this 90 days period counted from the application date ? or submission date? or am Is it fine to submit after my dependent expiry of her BRP which is 18/06/2020?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T1 200K Extension and Dependent.

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:36 am

MY BRP expiry is 18/10/2020 however my wife BRP expiry is 18/06/2020 we don't know the reason, and both of us got BRP at one time, one application in 2017. a solicitor said its a mistake which is happened by the HO.
You should have raised this as a query with HO when you initially got the BRP card. Why have you waited till now. What does the letter state that she got previously for the visa approval?? You were advised already to check this.
my question: the 90 days of minimum funds holding in an account will be completed by 23/06/2020.

is this 90 days period counted from the application date ? or submission date? or am Is it fine to submit after my dependent expiry of her BRP which is 18/06/2020?
Date of application is the date you submit and pay online. All your supporting documents must be dated on or before the date of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mohammad1234
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Mohammad1234 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:51 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:36 am
You should have raised this as a query with HO when you initially got the BRP card. Why have you waited till now. What does the letter state that she got previously for the visa approval?? You were advised already to check this.

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online. All your supporting documents must be dated on or before the date of application.

Thank you for the information. If I calculate the date of application to be on 18/06/2020 the fund temple is less than 90 days by 4 days. Any suggestions you might have? otherwise, it will be after the expiry date of my wife.

Mohammad1234
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Mohammad1234 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:30 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:36 am

The date of application is the date you submit and pay online. All your supporting documents must be dated on or before the date of application.
The letter stating that until 22 June 2020, and mine stating that 22 Oct 2020. . . is it possible to renew my wife BRP or extended for a period of 4 months then apply for an extension ?

and I just calculated by days if its 22 June 2020 my fund maintenance will be 91 days which is enough. however, if I calculated the BRP expiry date is not.
Any suggestions, please?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:04 pm

Unfortunately this seems to be quite a standard HO practice. Main applicant is given 3 years and 4 months and the dependant 3 years.

I faced the same and was indeed very lucky to have spotted it only because my dependant's passport was up for renewal and this was pointed out by my embassy.

The only option I had was to renew my partner's visa as I was not ready with my employment requirement. Renewal is granted until the expiry of the main applicant's visa expiry.

But that renewal needs the maintenance funds anyway.

This is a tough situation to be in. Your best bet is if you can find the additional three days from another account - even if it is overseas. At least enough to cover your partners maintenance requirements.

I am also surprised that there is a difference between BRP and your letter. Rightfully, the letter should be the one that you would follow.

You could apply on the 22nd, attach the letter and clearly state that it is an in time application. You risk that Section 3C is not applicable and your partner would be an overstayer but it should have no other implications on the application.

Alternatively you can apply on the 18th and ask for exceptional consideration as you would have met the requirement before the biometrics are submitted. But there is no guarantee HO will consider.

This might be a case to get some professional advice.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Mohammad1234
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Mohammad1234 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:30 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:04 pm
Unfortunately this seems to be quite a standard HO practice. Main applicant is given 3 years and 4 months and the dependant 3 years.

I faced the same and was indeed very lucky to have spotted it only because my dependant's passport was up for renewal and this was pointed out by my embassy.

The only option I had was to renew my partner's visa as I was not ready with my employment requirement. Renewal is granted until the expiry of the main applicant's visa expiry.

But that renewal needs the maintenance funds anyway.

This is a tough situation to be in. Your best bet is if you can find the additional three days from another account - even if it is overseas. At least enough to cover your partners maintenance requirements.

I am also surprised that there is a difference between BRP and your letter. Rightfully, the letter should be the one that you would follow.

You could apply on the 22nd, attach the letter and clearly state that it is an in time application. You risk that Section 3C is not applicable and your partner would be an overstayer but it should have no other implications on the application.

Alternatively you can apply on the 18th and ask for exceptional consideration as you would have met the requirement before the biometrics are submitted. But there is no guarantee HO will consider.

This might be a case to get some professional advice.
Thank you for the great information. If I calculate by days up to 22/june/2020 ( HO letter)will be exactly by 91 days and safe side.

Moreover, I have 2 accounts at same bank under my own name as saving and regular daily expenses. if rules accept then by combining both accounts then the amount is much higher than requested maintained funds.

I am in discussion with a very professional solicitor and well see the options that I might have and will update you guys.
Thank you very much

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:32 pm

You are allowed to combine as many accounts as you want to show maintenance funds. There is no requirement that it has to be all in the same account or even the same bank.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Mohammad1234
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Mohammad1234 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:24 pm

marcnath wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:32 pm
You are allowed to combine as many accounts as you want to show maintenance funds. There is no requirement that it has to be all in the same account or even the same bank.
Thank you very much. Great help.