ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel during BC application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

harrison27
Newly Registered

Travel during BC application

Post by harrison27 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:12 am

My daughter was born in the UK and currently holding Tier 2 visa. She has a Hong Kong passport. I was recently granted for ILR and want to apply BC for my daughter. For the BC application, it can take up to half a year. However, during this half a year, she may need to travel in and out the UK. Her Tier 2 will expire in July and she may need to go to Hong Kong in Aug and come back to the UK in Sep. In this case, can she travel? Can she travel in and out of UK without getting the application result after tier2 expired in jul? What should she use to re-enter the UK in sept?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel during BC application

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:42 am

She need a visa to enter the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

harrison27
Newly Registered

Post by harrison27 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:19 am

Thanks for your quick reply. What kind of visa she will need? Can she use the Hong Kong passport to enter UK as a visitor?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:58 am

harrison27 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:12 am
My daughter was born in the UK and currently holding Tier 2 visa. She has a Hong Kong passport. I was recently granted for ILR and want to apply BC for my daughter. For the BC application, it can take up to half a year. However, during this half a year, she may need to travel in and out the UK. Her Tier 2 will expire in July and she may need to go to Hong Kong in Aug and come back to the UK in Sep. In this case, can she travel? Can she travel in and out of UK without getting the application result after tier2 expired in jul? What should she use to re-enter the UK in sept?
Did you mean that your daughter is on Tier 2 dependant or Tier 2? How old is your daughter and what is the visa status of your spouse?
if she is old enough to hold a Tier 2 work visa, that means she's being sponsored by a company and would need to extend her Tier 2 visa to continue to work in the UK.
If what you meant was Tier 2 dependent, then you will need to decide whether you want to extend her visa or register her (assuming she's under 18 years old).
Considering the fact that Sopra Steria biometric centres are currently closed, any application you submit will not be fully treated until the biometrics information is submitted. And that will only happen after the lockdown is open in the next 1 month, 2months or whenever.
Given the current lockdown, if you apply to extend her visa, I don't think she will get it before July.
My advice will be that you/ your daughter do not plan any travel during these uncertain times. wait until you have sorted out the visa or BC application before making any plans for travel.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

harrison27
Newly Registered

Post by harrison27 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:38 am

My daughter is on tier 2 dependent. She is almost 1 year old. My wife and I have recently granted for ILR. Before the ILR,I was on tier 2 and my wife was on tier 2 dependent.

harrison27
Newly Registered

Post by harrison27 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:39 am

My daughter is on tier 2 dependent. She is almost 1 year old. My wife and I have recently granted for ILR. Before the ILR,I was on tier 2 and my wife was on tier 2 dependent.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:12 pm

harrison27 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:39 am
My daughter is on tier 2 dependent. She is almost 1 year old. My wife and I have recently granted for ILR. Before the ILR, I was on tier 2 and my wife was on tier 2 dependent.
Ok. That's clear now. Looking at the financial implication, I will advise you to register her as BC using form MN1. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-form-mn1
you can submit the application now and then wait until the lockdown is lifted then go for Biometrics appointment.
Wait until you have registered her as BC and have her British passport before making your travel plans. I believe this is your cheapest option. MN1 = £1012 and then £49 for passport application if you apply online.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.