ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sous49
Mood:

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Sous49 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:45 pm

Hello there

I also contacted the HO number last week and was advised that due to COVID 19 they can not now escalate any naturalisation application requests to case workers. we can only seek updates sending the request letter by post to Liverpool HO address

Thanks

Small

Post by Small » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:38 pm

topsecret wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:54 pm
hello everyone.

I rang home office 2 hours ago,the person i spoke to, saying call back after 4 weeks. I said its been 6 month already my application with home office and now you saying for more wait. He said i have nothing to provide you any update regarding your application.
This is how HO playing with emotions,,,,,
Hi top secret,
Just contact HO again after 4 weeks. I hope 🤞 they may say something useful.

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi guys

Please advise , although it is almost 7 months now for my naturalisation application I just realised that I sent my tax code rather than my Tax office reference number

Should I correct that? I have included a payslip anyway and updated them with my new Tax code last week

Thank you

Small

Post by Small » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:51 pm

Did you submit your payslip when applied online application? If yes HO will know that. But if you have already sent your payslip, it’s good too

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:12 pm

Thank you Small

Yes I did send a payslip, I even sent one last week as updated them with the new tax code

Thanks

jnbh2
Newly Registered

Post by jnbh2 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:36 pm

Quick question: if we submit an application in the coming days/weeks, does the HO still expect us to post passports/other documents as soon as possible? Or can these documents be sent once this round of coronavirus restrictions is lifted?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:42 pm

jnbh2 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:36 pm
Quick question: if we submit an application in the coming days/weeks, does the HO still expect us to post passports/other documents as soon as possible? Or can these documents be sent once this round of coronavirus restrictions is lifted?
Applications are only via online - you upload scans of your documents - you are not required to submit originals at all.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jnbh2
Newly Registered

Post by jnbh2 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:10 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:42 pm
jnbh2 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:36 pm
Applications are only via online - you upload scans of your documents - you are not required to submit originals at all.
Great! Thanks!

Scar
Newly Registered

Post by Scar » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:42 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:12 pm
Thank you Small

Yes I did send a payslip, I even sent one last week as updated them with the new tax code

Thanks
I didn't know we have to submit paylips , do we ? I

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:03 pm

Scar wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:42 pm
Sous49 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:12 pm
Thank you Small

Thanks
I didn't know we have to submit paylips , do we ? I
Payslips are NOT required unless you are an EU citizen and need to prove residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:06 am

Hi I have just received this email saying a decision on my application was made on 9 March 2020 well before the lockdown, however today is 20 April and I still haven't received my decision letter in the post or email as yet. I have emailed at the suggested email address but want to know if someone else had a similar experience? What can I expect?

Good Morning,

Thank you for your e-mail.

According to our records, the caseworker has made an decision on your application on the 9 March 2020. If you not received it already, you should receive it shortly.

However, if you not received the decision letter, I would advise you to either contact the Helpdesk by phoning them on 0300 123 2253 or send an e-mail the below address with your enquiry:

Nationality_Enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I hope this was of some assistance.

Regards
xxxxx

AO Grade

Nationality Exceptions Team
UK Visas and Immigration
PBS & Citizenship
Home Office

Blue Zone, 4th Floor, Capital Building, New Hall Place, Liverpool, L3 9PP

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:12 am

khizarm wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:18 pm
I got this email from HO. Still waiting.
Good Morning,

Thank you for your e-mail.

According to our records, the caseworker has made an decision on your application on the 16 March 2020. If you not received it already, you should receive it shortly.

However, if you not received the decision letter by 29 March, I would advise you to either contact the Helpdesk by phoning them on 0300 123 2253 or send an e-mail the below address with your enquiry:

Nationality_Enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I hope this was of some assistance, and if you have any further issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

PM Exceptions
UKVI - Home Office

Level 4, The Capital Building
Old Hall Street

Liverpool

L3 9PP
Hi khizarm, did you receive a decision letter in the post or email as yet? I received this same email today stating my decision was made 9 March but have not received anything in the post or email

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:54 pm

I got this email from HO today.

Dear ..........
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your child’s case, unfortunately it appears your child’s application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision.
We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

I applied for AN in October 2019, not for my baby and Home office replying me that your child application will not be processed within the 6 month target. This shows that HO is really one of the best responsible
institution in the UK ????

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:07 pm

topsecret wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:54 pm
I got this email from HO today.

Dear ..........
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your child’s case, unfortunately it appears your child’s application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision.
We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

I applied for AN in October 2019, not for my baby and Home office replying me that your child application will not be processed within the 6 month target. This shows that HO is really one of the best responsible
institution in the UK ????
Haha. Omg. They don’t even look at the applications to provide personal position response. This does not surprise me.

Top secret, I would offer to arrange a complaint. Do not be afraid of making complaints. This is our rights to complaint especially in this case and paid service, if we live in a democratic country and every person is allowed to express his/her opinion.
Their response is totally unacceptable.

I knew that HO would use Coronavirus and Blame it in the delays even thought they applications were made over 6 months ago :D :) omg 😆

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:45 am

Passport office staff are being deployed to other government departments to help with backlogs there. It is not improbable that the same may be the case with Home Office staff as well.

I would guess that naturalisation and passport processing will likely be at the bottom of the processing queue, with the focus being on visa extensions rather than naturalisation applications.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:54 am

PPTP wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:07 pm
Top secret, I would offer to arrange a complaint. Do not be afraid of making complaints. This is our rights to complaint especially in this case and paid service, if we live in a democratic country and every person is allowed to express his/her opinion.
Also see this post on how to write a Pre-Action Protocol letter. The same principles apply to making complaints.

Be nice, state your grievance in as short a manner as possible and give the caseworker a reason to do something and an action plan that they can do. Also, keep in mind that conceding requires supervisor approval, while rejecting does not. So write as if you are writing to the supervisor. And don't accuse anybody of anything. Assume that it is an oversight.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:16 am

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:54 am
PPTP wrote:
Also see this post on how to write a Pre-Action Protocol letter. The same principles apply to making complaints.

Be nice, state your grievance in as short a manner as possible and give the caseworker a reason to do something and an action plan that they can do. Also, keep in mind that conceding requires supervisor approval, while rejecting does not. So write as if you are writing to the supervisor. And don't accuse anybody of anything. Assume that it is an oversight.

Dear, PPTP & Secret Simon
i want to do complaint against HO but i dont know how to make a complain, where to go for that and where to submit. If u guys please help me to do this i will be really appreciate.
thanks

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:31 am

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (59.48 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
this is the email which i received yesterday
Last edited by topsecret on Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:31 am

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:25 pm

topsecret wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:16 am
secret.simon wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:54 am
PPTP wrote:

Dear, PPTP & Secret Simon
i want to do complaint against HO but i dont know how to make a complain, where to go for that and where to submit. If u guys please help me to do this i will be really appreciate.
thanks

I agree with Simon. But the complaint is firstly reviewed by the central complaint team. From my experience, they can only refer to the caseworker and ask for an update and reasons, which they will nicely try to "bright up/cover their bums" in the complaint reply.

I would use to email complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

As you can also attach the supporting documents in the email. If you use the online form, you won't be able to send any supporting documents.

I agree with the article, they are trained to give refuse straight away, but you can always request for the complaint review, if you are not happy with reply.

Be polite but straight forward in the complaint. I usually make the points of my questions so I expect them to reply one by one. It helps you to follow the plan.

I would like to help you with the compliant and wish to give my private email address, but it seems it is impossible to share the private messages on this forum. If moderator reads it, is it possible to send a private message from me to Topsecret, so I can provide my email address?

kolaxy

Post by kolaxy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:13 pm

I received the following msg from the home office today regarding my spouse's Naturalization application which was submitted on the 17 February, 2020. Keep safe people.

Sent: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 at 10:54 am

Subject: RE: Enquiries About Naturalisation Application

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, confirmation of this will be dispatched shortly, please allow at least 28 days for this letter to arrive

Kind regards,

UKVI

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:59 pm

kolaxy wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:13 pm
I received the following msg from the home office today regarding my spouse's Naturalization application which was submitted on the 17 February, 2020. Keep safe people.

Sent: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 at 10:54 am

Subject: RE: Enquiries About Naturalisation Application

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, confirmation of this will be dispatched shortly, please allow at least 28 days for this letter to arrive

Kind regards,

UKVI

Hello there

Hope it is a positive decision . May I kindly ask what email have you used to contact HO

Thank you and stay safe

kolaxy

Post by kolaxy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:05 pm

Hi Sous49,

I used this email:
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Regards

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:11 pm