ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DNA test or birth certificate?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Elizabeth Napoleon
Newly Registered
Nigeria

What Financial evidence do I need to sumit?

Post by Elizabeth Napoleon » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:40 pm

HI . I'm 21 years old. I am Nigerian (non-EU /EEA
citizen) . I am currently living in Sweden with my family and I am
completely dependant on my parents since I am not working. My grandma is an
EU citizen who lives and works in the UK. I am currently applying for 4 tier general visa to study in the uk and my grandma is my sponsor. What documents do I need to submit as financial evidence as I won't be self- funding? Do I still need to show that I have enough money to cover my tuition fees and living expenses in the UK for up to one year? I was thinking that since my grandma will be my sponsor and I'm going to be living with her, her bank statements will be enough to get the 4 tier visa .

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Re: What Financial evidence do I need to sumit?

Post by wikki » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:17 am

1. First of all, I am not sure your grandma can sponsor you as the Tier 4 guidance says it needs to be your bank account or that of your parents only. Alternatively, she could transfer the money into your account

2. Yes, you still have to show evidence of all the money required.

Take your time and read extensively this:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... st-provide

it will answer all your questions

Elizabeth Napoleon
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Elizabeth Napoleon » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:59 am

If the university I'm applying for accepts payment of fees in monthly installment, how does it affect the visa maintenance fee? Like do I still have to have a whole year school fees in my account? ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:51 am

Elizabeth Napoleon wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:59 am
If the university I'm applying for accepts payment of fees in monthly installment, how does it affect the visa maintenance fee? Like do I still have to have a whole year school fees in my account? ?
Yes.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Elizabeth Napoleon
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Elizabeth Napoleon » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:01 am

Ok. Thanks

Elizabeth Napoleon
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Loan for international student?

Post by Elizabeth Napoleon » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:41 pm

Hi. I'm a non eu/ eea national , I want to apply for a 4 tier general visa to study in the uk. I currently live in Sweden , I don't have a uk residency. Are there any companies that grant loan to first year non eu international students? I can't afford the maintenance fee for the visa so I am looking for company that can grant me a loan.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Loan for international student?

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:50 pm

Topics Merged. Please read the forum rules on multiple topics, link below.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Elizabeth Napoleon
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Elizabeth Napoleon » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:18 pm

Sorry .

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:31 pm

Hello

The requirements for Tier 4 visa are here:

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/eligibility

The funds needs to be in your personal account or in your parent's account. Please don't try to think/guess what would be required. You need to follow the guidance and ensure all eligibility criteria (money, English test, CAS...) are fulfilled before you proceed with the application.

Also, you need to expect a credibility interview. You need to work seriously on your study plan/project. Otherwise if during the interview they feel like you just want to come to the UK at any cost, they may refuse the visa.

Elizabeth Napoleon
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Elizabeth Napoleon » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:09 pm

Yeah but they will refuse the visa anyways if I don't have the maintenance fees( intuition + living expenses ) for a year in my account.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:55 am

Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:09 pm
Yeah but they will refuse the visa anyways if I don't have the maintenance fees( intuition + living expenses ) for a year in my account.
If your grandmother is funding your studies, she can pay your tuition fees direct to the university, then give you the money for living costs.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Elizabeth Napoleon
Newly Registered
Nigeria

DNA test or birth certificate?

Post by Elizabeth Napoleon » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:42 am

Hi. When applying for a visa that needs proof of my relationship with my family member in the uk, can I bring a DNA test instead of a birth certificate? Will it be accepted if a bring a DNA test only.?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: DNA test or birth certificate?

Post by TODMATT » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:14 am

What type of visa are you applying from?

Child passport and child birth certificate should suffice while DNA is not needed if the child and the parents have the same surname on their passport.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Elizabeth Napoleon
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Elizabeth Napoleon » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:18 am

But if I don't have my birth certificate and I'm married so I use my husband''s surname which is different from my mums( in the UK ). I can only proof my relationship with her through a Dna test . Will it be accepted?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:38 am

Thought it was your grandmother who was in the UK who is an EU citizen??

uk-tier-4-student-visas/loan-for-intern ... l#p1894293

Or is it for the student visa you are asking for??

uk-tier-4-student-visas/loan-for-intern ... l#p1894445

Please do not post topics all over the forum. You have already been asked to stick to one topic!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Elizabeth Napoleon
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Elizabeth Napoleon » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:53 am

Sorry about the confusion. I don't know where to post this so I'll post it here. So I saw this on the Internet.
You are eligible to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan only, to apply they must:
Be an EU National or Be a family member of an EU National(this includes UK nationals), a family member is defined as the spouse, civil partner, parent, step-parent, adoptive parent, child, step-child, grandparent and grandchild
Have lived in the EEA or Switzerland for the three years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course (EEA Family Members must have held a valid residential status for any periods of residency in the UK)
Be living in the United Kingdom on the first day of the first term of their course
Be attending a course which attracts funding.

I am Nigerian  but I have lived in Italy for 10 years, I have Italian parmanent residency but I don't have  an EU passport. I now like in sweden. My grandma lives and works in the UK and has an Italian passport . So I was thinking of applying for student finance to help me fund my studies and get the 4- tier visa as a family member of an eu citizen. Proof of dependency will be needed when applying for the loan since I am over 21. I have a birth certificate but my mum and grandma don't so I was hoping thet could do a DNA test to proof they are related. The question I posted earlier was actually referring to my mum's situation. Sorry again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:01 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:50 pm
Topics Merged. Please read the forum rules on multiple topics, link below.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:17 am

Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:53 am
So I was thinking of applying for student finance to help me fund my studies
That is not an immigration matter. The type of visa you hold for the UK, if any, has no bearing on your eligibility for student support, and vice versa. You can get advice on your eligibility for student support from the student advice team at your proposed university, or at ukcisa.org.uk
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:53 am
and get the 4- tier visa as a family member of an eu citizen.
Those are two separate and unrelated types of immigration permission. See the eligibility for a Tier 4 visa as posted previously, and the different eligibility for coming to the UK as the family member of an EEA national. Both are available at gov.uk in the "Visas and Immigration" section.

Elizabeth Napoleon
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Elizabeth Napoleon » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:01 pm

Does the no recourse to public funds rule when applying for the 4 tier visa also applies to public funds from other countries? Can I use student finance from Swedish government to fund my studies in the UK if I am applying for a 4 tier visa??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:06 pm

Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:01 pm
Does the no recourse to public funds rule when applying for the 4 tier visa also applies to public funds from other countries? Can I use student finance from Swedish government to fund my studies in the UK if I am applying for a 4 tier visa??
It applies to UK funds ONLY.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Elizabeth Napoleon
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Elizabeth Napoleon » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:09 pm

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:42 pm

Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:01 pm
Does the no recourse to public funds rule when applying for the 4 tier visa also applies to public funds from other countries?
The public funds restriction does not relate to the application itself, but is a condition of the resulting visa. “Public funds” means a specific list of UK welfare benefits that you cannot claim once you have the visa. Student financial support from any country, including from the UK, is not a public fund.

I would strongly advise that you get advice on your application from your university.

Elizabeth Napoleon
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Elizabeth Napoleon » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:55 pm

Really? I thought I couldn't apply for student finance in UK since it's provided by the government, is it not considered public funds?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:23 am

Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:55 pm
I thought I couldn't apply for student finance in UK since it's provided by the government, is it not considered public funds?
No.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... blic-funds