ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent ILR if main applicant got ILR on Long Residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrimransher
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent ILR if main applicant got ILR on Long Residence

Post by mrimransher » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:31 pm

Hello Everyone

I have spent 5 years in the UK as Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependent. My partner (Main applicant) also completed 5 years on Tier 1. However he got ILR on the basis of long residence. Having completed 5 years as dependent of Tier 1 migrant:

Can I apply for ILR now? or
Do I have to apply for leave to remain as Partner of settled person?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent ILR if main applicant got ILR on Long Residence

Post by marcnath » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:35 pm

mrimransher wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:31 pm
Hello Everyone

I have spent 5 years in the UK as Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependent. My partner (Main applicant) also completed 5 years on Tier 1. However he got ILR on the basis of long residence. Having completed 5 years as dependent of Tier 1 migrant:

Can I apply for ILR now? or
Do I have to apply for leave to remain as Partner of settled person?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance
You need to apply for leave to remain as Partner of settled person and complete another 5 years before being eligible for ILR.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.