ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kolaxy

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by kolaxy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:14 pm

Hi Sous49,

I contacted them on the 8th of April, 2020.

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:50 pm

kolaxy wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:14 pm
Hi Sous49,

I contacted them on the 8th of April, 2020.
Thank you so much and congratulations in advance

Stefan Piatek
Poland

Post by Stefan Piatek » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:17 pm

PPTP wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:07 pm
topsecret wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:54 pm
[..}
Haha. Omg. They don’t even look at the applications to provide personal position response. This does not surprise me.

Top secret, I would offer to arrange a complaint. Do not be afraid of making complaints. This is our rights to complaint especially in this case and paid service, if we live in a democratic country and every person is allowed to express his/her opinion.
Their response is totally unacceptable.

I knew that HO would use Coronavirus and Blame it in the delays even thought they applications were made over 6 months ago :D :) omg 😆
:D I'm waiting for a message from HO where they will tell us that all applications will be done quicker, because since the lockdown started they have had no new applications (applicants can send the application, but not the documents and the fingerprints) :D

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:53 pm

Stefan Piatek wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:17 pm

:D I'm waiting for a message from HO where they will tell us that all applications will be done quicker, because since the lockdown started they have had no new applications (applicants can send the application, but not the documents and the fingerprints) :D
Ha ha ha :D :D You made me laugh! Even in this situation (if not corona) they would find something like "the delays because the sun shines too bright and caseworkers could not work hard enough ..." Lol

I never heard that Home Office does not have any problems. Previously HMRC was awful. But now HMRC managed to improve a way better, apart from Home Office which is still degrading

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:17 am

PPTP wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:53 pm
they would find something like "the delays because the sun shines too bright and caseworkers could not work hard enough ..." Lol
(Not related to the Home office) You may mock, but the "wrong kind of sunshine" has been known to cause train delays.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:42 am

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:17 am
PPTP wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:53 pm
they would find something like "the delays because the sun shines too bright and caseworkers could not work hard enough ..." Lol
(Not related to the Home office) You may mock, but the "wrong kind of sunshine" has been known to cause train delays.
Ha ha ah that favor has been already used. I am sure HO will find something new. 😂

AC12
Mood:
India

Post by AC12 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:58 am

Hey

I have received a similar email, from the same guy xxxxxxxxx. Seems a bit odd to me that the decision was made on 9th March too; coincidence ? However, in my case, it's asking me to wait till 9th May before I contact the helpdesk !

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

According to our records, the caseworker has made an decision on your application on the 9 March 2020. If you not received it already, you should receive it shortly.

However, if you not received the decision letter by 9 May 2020, I would advise you to either contact the Helpdesk by phoning them on 0300 123 2253 or send an e-mail the below address with your enquiry:

Nationality_Enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I hope this was of some assistance.

Regards

xxxxxxx
AO Grade
Nationality Exceptions Team
Moa7 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:06 am
Hi I have just received this email saying a decision on my application was made on 9 March 2020 well before the lockdown, however today is 20 April and I still haven't received my decision letter in the post or email as yet. I have emailed at the suggested email address but want to know if someone else had a similar experience? What can I expect?

Good Morning,

Thank you for your e-mail.

According to our records, the caseworker has made an decision on your application on the 9 March 2020. If you not received it already, you should receive it shortly.

However, if you not received the decision letter, I would advise you to either contact the Helpdesk by phoning them on 0300 123 2253 or send an e-mail the below address with your enquiry:

Regards
xxxxxx

AO Grade

UK Visas and Immigration
PBS & Citizenship
Home Office

Blue Zone, 4th Floor, Capital Building, New Hall Place, Liverpool, L3 9PP

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:03 pm

AC12 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:58 am
Hey

I have received a similar email, from the same guy xxxxxxxxx. Seems a bit odd to me that the decision was made on 9th March too; coincidence ? However, in my case, it's asking me to wait till 9th May before I contact the helpdesk !

Good Afternoon,

However, if you not received the decision letter by 9 May 2020, I would advise you to either contact the Helpdesk by phoning them on 0300 123 2253 or send an e-mail the below address with your enquiry:

Regards

xxxxxxx
AO Grade
Moa7 wrote:
Hi I have just received this email saying a decision on my application was made on 9 March 2020 well before the lockdown, however today is 20 April and I still haven't received my decision letter in the post or email as yet. I have emailed at the suggested email address but want to know if someone else had a similar experience? What can I expect?

Good Morning,

However, if you not received the decision letter, I would advise you to either contact the Helpdesk by phoning them on 0300 123 2253 or send an e-mail the below address with your enquiry:

Regards
xxxxxxxxxxxx

AO Grade

UK Visas and Immigration
PBS & Citizenship
Home Office

Hi ACE 19

Hope you get your good news soon

May I kindly ask when did you contact them, and is it the same included email?

Thank you

AC12
Mood:
India

Post by AC12 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:41 pm

Hey, thank you ! Strange that the HO will only mention about a decision being made but not what the decision actually is !

I had emailed them on Monday on NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gov.uk

Arsenal86

Post by Arsenal86 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:34 pm

BoyTed wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:32 am
Arsenal86 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:06 pm
PPTP wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:39 pm
BoyTed wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:32 pm
Hello Everyone,
My first post,
Applied in 6 December 2019 biometric 16 December 2019 and iam just worried about Good Character came mid 2004 applied for Asylum at entry but was refused and disappeared i then put in fresh claim in 2009 and was granted FLR and finally ILR February 2012
My question can HO refuse me in regards to 10 year legally in the UK and ask me to apply in 2022 or will the time ive put in fresh claim 2009 be counted.
Many Thanks.
Hello BoyTed.
As you got ILR from 2012 and it is over 8 years, I think that 10 years period will be irrelevant in your case. You have lived in the UK enough time for 5 years plus over 12 months of ILR. I do not think they will refuse.
Thank you
As far as I know you need to be 10 years legal in this country for your naturalisation to be completed, if he was untill 2012 without visa ( ilegally or overstay) and from 2012 he got a visa than 2022 is the year you should apply for naturalisation, you might be lucky if they dont check
So if good character requires ( you have to be clear 10 years you haven't broke the law)
Arsenal 86,
I read a lot i mean post i know home office sortednyou out iam happy for you and congratulations and you still here helping us.
Thanks so much but don't you think since ive here for 15 years that would be enough?
Hi Boyted , you are welcome, and hope is everyone is well and safe and hope everyone of you will get Sorted soon, if you are here for 15 years than probably you will be ok, one of my friends lawyer told him the years count soon as homeoffice knows you are in country, so I believe if you have applied in 2009 than while your application was in process your 10 yers will start to count, so probably you are fine bro, and hope you get the approval soon

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:19 pm

AC12 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:41 pm
Hey, thank you ! Strange that the HO will only mention about a decision being made but not what the decision actually is !

HO is keeping the excitement high 😃.at least it was not an automated reply .

Thank you and all the best

Polka909
Newly Registered

Post by Polka909 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:29 pm

Hi all,

Those waiting on ceremonies, any update? Or the status across all councils is same that currently there are no ceremonies?
Did anyone contact HO lately?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:31 pm

Polka909 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:29 pm
Hi all,

Those waiting on ceremonies, any update? Or the status across all councils is same that currently there are no ceremonies?
Did anyone contact HO lately?
There are currently NO ceremonies taking place. HO can't help with this query as they don't control the Councils.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AC12
Mood:
India

Post by AC12 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:34 pm

Haha ! Yeah, I did get an automated reply when I emailed them on Monday but then they got back to me today.

I believe they will get in touch with you if a decision has been made on your application, good luck!
Sous49 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:19 pm
AC12 wrote:

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:52 pm

Hi AC12
When did you previous ask for an update before this one (before your recent email that they have now replied to)?
AC12 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:34 pm
Haha ! Yeah, I did get an automated reply when I emailed them on Monday but then they got back to me today.

I believe they will get in touch with you if a decision has been made on your application, good luck!
Sous49 wrote:
AC12 wrote:

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:06 pm

AC12 wrote:
Hey

Good Afternoon,

Regards

xxxxxxx
AO Grade
Moa7 wrote:

Good Morning,

Regards
xxxxxx

AO Grade

UK Visas and Immigration
PBS & Citizenship
Home Office

Did you get a response from xxxxx? I don't know why his name is appearing as xxxxxxx here! When did you apply?
I called my council and they didn't receive any certificates from the Home Office in the past six weeks as expected.
I also emailed the NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk and they confirmed my applications been processed but did not say what the outcome is

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:14 pm

Moa7 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:06 pm
AC12 wrote:
Hey

Good Afternoon,

Regards

xxxxxxx
AO Grade
Moa7 wrote:

Good Morning,

Regards
xxxxxx

AO Grade

UK Visas and Immigration
PBS & Citizenship
Home Office

Did you get a response from xxxxx? I don't know why his name is appearing as xxxxxxx here! When did you apply?
I called my council and they didn't receive any certificates from the Home Office in the past six weeks as expected.
I also emailed the NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk and they confirmed my applications been processed but did not say what the outcome is
@ Moa7 - the name was edited out by a moderator. You are NOT permitted to post the names, in any format, of home office staff. You have not been given permission by them to post their details on a public immigration forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:33 pm

Arsenal86 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:34 pm
BoyTed wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:32 am
Arsenal86 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:06 pm
PPTP wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:39 pm
Hello BoyTed.
As you got ILR from 2012 and it is over 8 years, I think that 10 years period will be irrelevant in your case. You have lived in the UK enough time for 5 years plus over 12 months of ILR. I do not think they will refuse.
Thank you
As far as I know you need to be 10 years legal in this country for your naturalisation to be completed, if he was untill 2012 without visa ( ilegally or overstay) and from 2012 he got a visa than 2022 is the year you should apply for naturalisation, you might be lucky if they dont check
So if good character requires ( you have to be clear 10 years you haven't broke the law)
Arsenal 86,
I read a lot i mean post i know home office sortednyou out iam happy for you and congratulations and you still here helping us.
Thanks so much but don't you think since ive here for 15 years that would be enough?
Hi Boyted , you are welcome, and hope is everyone is well and safe and hope everyone of you will get Sorted soon, if you are here for 15 years than probably you will be ok, one of my friends lawyer told him the years count soon as homeoffice knows you are in country, so I believe if you have applied in 2009 than while your application was in process your 10 yers will start to count, so probably you are fine bro, and hope you get the approval soon
Hello Arsenal86,
Thanks for reminding me that ive still got legs to stand you are right and what you said is a valid point as i submitted fresh application in sep 2008 and was waiting till Feb 2012 surely they must consider that.
Fingers crossed and thanks again.

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:44 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:14 pm
@ Moa7 - the name was edited out by a moderator. You are NOT permitted to post the names, in any format, of home office staff. You have not been given permission by them to post their details on a public immigration forum.
Oh sorry about that, thanks for letting me know

AC12
Mood:
India

Post by AC12 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:06 am

Hey, I had applied on 18/02, got the biometrics done on 21/02. If the decision was made on 09/03, then that's way before the lockdown period so either the letters lost in transit or they'll probably post it out once they're back in office! I had seen a similar post on another FB group that I'm part of, so seems like there's plenty of decisions being made on the 9th of March, LOL. Post now deleted so cannot find it but it was something similar and sent by the same guy. Anyhow !

Good shout about checking with council and emailing NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk, I'll give both of these a go today.

Have a good day!
Moa7 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:06 pm
AC12 wrote:
Hey

Good Afternoon,

Regards

xxxxxxx
AO Grade
Moa7 wrote:

Good Morning,

Regards
xxxxxx

AO Grade

UK Visas and Immigration
PBS & Citizenship
Home Office

AC12
Mood:
India

Post by AC12 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:07 am

Hi buddy

My first and only email to them was on Monday 20/04.

Cheers
Oria wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:52 pm
Hi AC12
When did you previous ask for an update before this one (before your recent email that they have now replied to)?
AC12 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:34 pm

Sous49 wrote:
AC12 wrote:

Scar
Newly Registered

Post by Scar » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:01 am

Good morning
I have received this email today after email FMT asking for an update

Good Morning,

I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, confirmation of this will be dispatched shortly, please allow at least 28 days for this letter to arrive

Kind regards,

UKVI

Can I tell from this email if the application was successful or not?

Scar
Newly Registered

Post by Scar » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:36 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:03 pm
Scar wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:42 pm
Sous49 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:12 pm
Thank you Small

Yes I did send a payslip, I even sent one last week as updated them with the new tax code

Thanks
I didn't know we have to submit paylips , do we ? I
Payslips are NOT required unless you are an EU citizen and need to prove residence.
Thank you

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:56 am

Hi Scar,
Hopefully it’s a positive result. Do you think they have made the decision during lock down? When did you last emailed them to ask for update, before this one?
Scar wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:01 am
Good morning
I have received this email today after email FMT asking for an update

Good Morning,

I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, confirmation of this will be dispatched shortly, please allow at least 28 days for this letter to arrive

Kind regards,

UKVI

Can I tell from this email if the application was successful or not?

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:41 am

Hi
# Scar , # oria,#AC12
Can you guys tell me what exactly did you ask the Home Office? I mean what did you write can you write it here so I can copy to ask them same question?
Because I have been writing to them and I only get reply that show they never look into my application Thank you