ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6-Month Compliance After Visa Approved

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londondweller2020
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

6-Month Compliance After Visa Approved

Post by londondweller2020 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:54 am

Dear all,

I am nearing my 6-month mark after being granted leave for the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. As I was reviewing the latest PBS guidance dated 29 March 2019, this particular section stood out to me:

Evidence to show they met the criteria required immediately after entry to the UK

The applicant must provide evidence to show they registered with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) within 6 months of their specified date.

The specified date can be the date of any of:
• their entry to the UK (if they were given entry clearance and have evidence of the date of entry)
• their grant of entry clearance
• their grant of leave to remain if they applied in the UK

I am wondering whether this means I need to physically/digitally submit evidence (e.g. CAR, HMRC UTR letter) to UKVI by this date OR I have to provide this with my extension application (which will be 2.5 years past the 6-month mark)? If the latter, would the fact that the documents are issued and dated before the 6-month mark suffice as evidence?

Thanks.

marcnath

Re: 6-Month Compliance After Visa Approved

Post by marcnath » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:03 am

londondweller2020 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:54 am
Dear all,

I am nearing my 6-month mark after being granted leave for the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. As I was reviewing the latest PBS guidance dated 29 March 2019, this particular section stood out to me:

Evidence to show they met the criteria required immediately after entry to the UK

The applicant must provide evidence to show they registered with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) within 6 months of their specified date.

The specified date can be the date of any of:
• their entry to the UK (if they were given entry clearance and have evidence of the date of entry)
• their grant of entry clearance
• their grant of leave to remain if they applied in the UK

I am wondering whether this means I need to physically/digitally submit evidence (e.g. CAR, HMRC UTR letter) to UKVI by this date OR I have to provide this with my extension application (which will be 2.5 years past the 6-month mark)? If the latter, would the fact that the documents are issued and dated before the 6-month mark suffice as evidence?==>Yes

Thanks.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.