ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M extension financial category

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR M extension financial category

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:59 am

Well you are now come to point where you will follow what suits you as you have the latest payslip and you will follow it which is fair enough since this is not your thread so I can't comment further on your circumstances. I may put more light if you open your own thread and describe your full circumstances and immigration history.

But in op's case as he hasn't got previous payslips so best bet would be to use p60 because it would have been generated right after the end of financial year with relevant wages figure for immigration purposes due to still being within 28 days.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:19 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:59 am
Well you are now come to point where you will follow what suits you as you have the latest payslip and you will follow it which is fair enough since this is not your thread so I can't comment further on your circumstances. I may put more light if you open your own thread and describe your full circumstances and immigration history.

But in op's case as he hasn't got previous payslips so best bet would be to use p60 because it would have been generated right after the end of financial year with relevant wages figure for immigration purposes due to still being within 28 days.

I am mainly correcting your previous post where you said 12 months payslips is a MUST.

I’m not sure what you are on about with regards to my immigration history as it has got nothing to do with this. I respect you but you don’t like been corrected when members picked something up in which you are wrong. You don’t know everything ! You are just like any other regular member nothing special and of course you are entitled to express your opinion but it doesn’t mean it is correct and none of us are qualified immigration expert.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:28 pm

Huntsgale19 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:27 pm
Thanks all for your help...
Think I should stick on two job till get the visa application sorted as I don’t have any savings etc....
1st job will do as part time and 2nd one full it’s makes around £32000 ..
is that be okay if so then which category I’d choose on the application form as I’ll do myself.
I just want to understand your current situation properly.

Are you salaried or Non salaried? on what the meaning of both is according to the rules.

See below from the financial requirement appendix FM

“Non-salaried employment includes that paid at an hourly or other rate (and the number and/or pattern of hours required to be worked may vary) or paid an amount which varies according to the work undertaken.”

“Salaried employment includes that paid at a minimum fixed rate (usually annual) which is usually subject to a contractual minimum number of hours to be worked.”

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:37 pm

@todmatt
Start/continue into your existing thread as you won't be replied anymore here As per govt instruction I am leaving you in isolation where if you wish then continue to chat with yourself and will persistently be ignored.

@huntgate9
Whereas the Original poster will be most welcome if that post not gets locked.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:04 pm

We are all in self isolating as per govt guidelines except front line workers.

FFAO admins, I have been a member a here for a long time and I have never for once breached any rules of the group. My discussion with the seagul above was relevant to the OP post and if it breaches then I stand to be corrected on this.

@huntgate9, I have not hijack your post in any way as can be seen from the post above. I would love know if you are salaried or Non salaried because if you are Non salaried then by May 19, you would have completed 6 months with the first job and can apply under CAT a Non salaried by adding last 6 months payslips together divide it by 6 x 12.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:43 pm

Hi moderating team

Undeniably you are working marvelously and must be reading this thread while observing too that I am nowhere disagreeing with other poster over its claim in meeting the £18600 of income. As I am repeatedly answering same only for the sake of op that it can be met through lesser payslips but according to few experiences in past it wasnt worked because few caseworkers actually want to see the 12 months of payslips which without doubt isn't fair. You might have more extended search facility, therefore if you can spare some of your valuable time then kindly unearth those threads from past where members got refusal even in the absence of one payslip so that other poster gets silenced and abstain in confusing others. Also we all know that everything is not covered in official guidance rather are covered/ascertained through members experiences and the biggest example is present online application forms for which we need more experiences.

Also I don't give any advice rather an opinion in the light of official guidance & member experience.

Huntsgale19
Pakistan

Post by Huntsgale19 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:53 am

TODMATT wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:04 pm
We are all in self isolating as per govt guidelines except front line workers.

FFAO admins, I have been a member a here for a long time and I have never for once breached any rules of the group. My discussion with the seagul above was relevant to the OP post and if it breaches then I stand to be corrected on this.

@huntgate9, I have not hijack your post in any way as can be seen from the post above. I would love know if you are salaried or Non salaried because if you are Non salaried then by May 19, you would have completed 6 months with the first job and can apply under CAT a Non salaried by adding last 6 months payslips together divide it by 6 x 12.

Dear members.
I’m non salaried (hourly paid). My visa will expire on 13th of may. But I get my payslip 8th working day of every month. Means I’ll get 6th payslip on 12th of may. So, shall I wait till my payslip?
According to the salary calculation method it comes 17024.30. From my first job which I currently I’m doing as part time.
2nd job have started end of January 20. Which I get paid weekly basis which is Royal Mail.
Now after all this conversation what category would I fall in ?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:46 am

You can’t apply under CAT A using both jobs because you have not been with both employers for 6 months so your best option will be CAT B since you have been less than 6 months although you would have been able to use your first job as you will clock 6 months by then (not sure as you said, May 20 and started working Nov 19 so you need to clarify) haven’t earned the required amount using the formula above for Non salaried.
Financial requirement of appendix FM

“Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application can be no greater than the annual equivalent of the person’s average gross monthly income from that non-salaried employment.

To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category B the following calculation should be used:
(Total gross income from non-salaried employment in the period prior to the date of application for which that employment has been held) divided by the number of months and multiplied by 12 (or by the number of weeks and multiplied by 52 where payment is weekly, or by the number of days and multiplied by 365 where payment is daily) = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.”

CAT B Non salaried requires 2 conditions based on the discussion above.

1. Both jobs must be earning £18,600
2. You must have received £18,600 in the last 12 months.

Under CAT B Non salaried

Condition 1. Total income received from the employment since you have been employed divide it by number months then multiply by 12 assuming you are paid monthly.

You will use the formula above to calculate both income received from Both employers in order to meet condition 1.

Condition 2: You will need to add together all income received from all jobs in the last 12 months to see if it is equal to £18,600.

When it comes to CAT B, I will always recommend a cover letter explaining how you will meet the requirement to alert the caseworker and provide evidence to show depict this.

Aside from payslips, employment letter and bank statements, if P60 has been issued then will recommend you to include it.

Huntsgale19
Pakistan

Post by Huntsgale19 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:20 pm

Thanks for your reply....
My visa will expire on 13th of may 20.
1st job I’ve started on 5th of Nov19. First three months I worked full time and then I started the 2nd job on 21/1/20. Which paid on weekly basis. I was under the impression that you can change your job anytime without having last 12 months payslips as long you meet the 18600 requirement.
Now I’ve calculate the both gross earnings divided by 6 and multiples 12= 26000k.
I’ve got a letter from both employers stating that 19k annual salary on both of them.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:52 am

Huntsgale19 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:20 pm
Thanks for your reply....
My visa will expire on 13th of may 20.
1st job I’ve started on 5th of Nov19. First three months I worked full time and then I started the 2nd job on 21/1/20. Which paid on weekly basis. I was under the impression that you can change your job anytime without having last 12 months payslips as long you meet the 18600 requirement.
Now I’ve calculate the both gross earnings divided by 6 and multiples 12= 26000k.
I’ve got a letter from both employers stating that 19k annual salary on both of them.

1st job.

You would have completed 6 months on 5 of May and you can apply under CAT A non salaried if your last 6 months divide by 6 x 12 = £18,600 and you can avoid using second job to meet the requirement.

OR

Use CAT B non salaried for both jobs since you are paid per hour and you need to double check the formula you are using to calculate second job since you are paid weekly(see formula in my previous post).

CAT B requires 2 conditions to be meet and as long as you can evidenced to show you have meet those 2 conditions, in my own opinion you should be fine.

1. The calculations from both employers must be £18,600
2. All income received during the last 12 months must be £18,600 and if that’s the case then you are good to go.

So you have 2 options.

All the best

Huntsgale19
Pakistan

Post by Huntsgale19 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:33 pm

I could have use my 1st job in cat A but since I had start my 2nd job its not meet-up the required amount. It’s comes about £17980 p.a
2nd job gross earning is £5600 from January until now.

Total gross earnings of both jobs since I’ve started ( 1st&2nd job) is around 14k.
Before Nov 19 I don’t have any employment

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:23 am

Huntsgale19 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:33 pm
I could have use my 1st job in cat A but since I had start my 2nd job its not meet-up the required amount. It’s comes about £17980 p.a

Total gross earnings of both jobs since I’ve started ( 1st&2nd job) is around 14k.
Before Nov 19 I don’t have any employment

Do you have a savings of £17,550 in order to combine it with CAT A ? and If you don’t meet the conditions of CAT B because it is mandatory to have earned £18,600 in the last 12 months otherwise you won’t qualify under CAT B I do not see any other way under the 5 years route although there’s a paragraph if application failed under 5 years route.

“EX.1. This paragraph applies if

(a)
(i) the applicant has a genuine and subsisting parental relationship with a child who-
(aa) is under the age of 18 years, or was under the age of 18 years when the applicant was first granted leave on the basis that this paragraph applied;
(bb) is in the UK;
(cc) is a British Citizen or has lived in the UK continuously for at least the 7 years immediately preceding the date of application ;and
(ii) taking into account their best interests as a primary consideration, it would not be reasonable to expect the child to leave the UK; or
(b) the applicant has a genuine and subsisting relationship with a partner who is in the UK and is a British Citizen, settled in the UK or in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, and there are insurmountable obstacles to family life with that partner continuing outside the UK.
EX.2. For the purposes of paragraph EX.1.(b) “insurmountable obstacles” means the very significant difficulties which would be faced by the applicant or their partner in continuing their family life together outside the UK and which could not be overcome or would entail very serious hardship for the applicant or their partner.”

Huntsgale19
Pakistan

Post by Huntsgale19 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:39 am

April 19 to till Nov 19 I have been doing as self employed.
Also reason I’ve start the second job because we’ve had our second child. Working hours quite suitable for me.
My wife and both child have British passports.

Please can you explain me what I’m gonna mention in the covering to explain my situation. Or if there’s any sample of that I can amend the details in it.
Thank you so much for your help

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:42 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:25 pm
seagul wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:22 pm

Since you haven't got any choice(alternative)
and haven't got 12 months of payslips so the best bet might be to use P60 along with your all available payslips. Usually the P60 shouldnt be attached because in most cases it gives irrelevant/outdated income information but in your case coincidentally you will be applying extension in May and the P60 is usually be issued in April that means it might be helpful for you.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:18 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:42 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:25 pm
seagul wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:22 pm

Since you haven't got any choice(alternative)
and haven't got 12 months of payslips so the best bet might be to use P60 along with your all available payslips. Usually the P60 shouldnt be attached because in most cases it gives irrelevant/outdated income information but in your case coincidentally you will be applying extension in May and the P60 is usually be issued in April that means it might be helpful for you.
What is the P60 going to achieve? If the OP income is not £18,600 in the last 12 months?

Do you care to clarify please so that we can find way for to advice the OP on the best course of action.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:38 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:18 pm

What is the P60 going to achieve? If the OP income is not £18,600 in the last 12 months?

Do you care to clarify please so that we can find way for to advice the OP on the best course of action.

Thanks
Huntsgale19 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:33 pm

+

Aggregation of both jobs will be found on p60 which as per above figure would exceed £18600

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:55 pm

Alright got your point but the OP said above

“ I could have use my 1st job in cat A but since I had start my 2nd job its not meet-up the required amount. It’s comes about £17980 p.a

Before Nov 19 I don’t have any employment“

OP will be able to meet first condition of CAT B Non salaried but not the second condition because the OP job combined i. The last 12 months earning will be 14k.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:32 pm

Well if op has earned £14K then indeed category B won't met but if these figures (£17980+5600) were correct then yes it can.

Huntsgale19
Pakistan

Post by Huntsgale19 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:54 pm

Since Nov 19 till now I’ve only earned 14k from both jobs.
What if choose Cat A with two jobs can I do that ?
I’ve spoke with one of my mate he said as you’ve earned more than 9k since Nov you’ll qualify on 5 year route
I’m really confused

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:30 pm

Huntsgale19 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:54 pm
It may only possible where you have been employed from 6 months with both employers
Huntsgale19 wrote:
I’ve spoke with one of my mate he said as you’ve earned more than 9k since Nov you’ll qualify on 5 year route
As per last few threads member starts receiving incorrect ideas/information from their friends which indeed is appalling & astonishing :shock:

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:40 pm

Huntsgale19 wrote:
Since Nov 19 till now I’ve only earned 14k from both jobs.
I’m really confused
Like I said to you above that, you can’t combine both jobs except if you have been with both employers for 6 months and the first job won’t meet the requirements since you would have received £17k which is below the MIR.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:46 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:30 pm
Huntsgale19 wrote:
It may only possible where you have been employed from 6 months with both employers
Huntsgale19 wrote:
As per last few threads member starts receiving incorrect ideas/information from their friends which indeed is appalling & astonishing :shock:
Seriously!! The information provided to the OP above was spot on and they are correct advice according to my experience and understanding of the guidance.

Your advice above was wholly INCORRECT! Suggesting the OP to use P60 when the OP hasn’t earned the required amount as above during the last 12 months by assuming if OP income instead to always double check.

Again I repeat! If you continue to have a dig at another members because they disagree with you! You have a serious problem mate! Give you opinion and move on! Whatever I am doing is to ensure the OP get a advice from us so that he can move forward.

Huntsgale19
Pakistan

Post by Huntsgale19 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:34 pm

What application should I submit then :( FLR M or FP ?
If M then category B ?
Please last nail would be really helpful.
Thank you very much for your help and advice

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:35 pm

seagul wrote:
TODMATT wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:46 pm
Seriously!! The information provided to the OP above was spot on and they are correct advice according to my experience and understanding of the guidance.
I had used extremely basic level of english which if you wish may translate into your own native langauge and above one was not for you rather an observation of the last few days where few members have been reporting misinformation from their colleagues/mates.
TODMATT wrote:
Your advice above was wholly INCORRECT! Suggesting the OP to use P60 when the OP hasn’t earned the required amount as above during the last 12 months by assuming if OP income instead to always double check.
Even by using a reasonably priced glasses it can easily be readable that op has been presenting wrong wages figure which was at latest 17980 and £5600. And if these were correct then the one i had said was definitely the correct way.
TODMATT wrote:
Again I repeat! If you continue to have a dig at another members because they disagree with you! You have a serious problem mate! Give you opinion and move on! Whatever I am doing is to ensure the OP get a advice from us so that he can move forward.
I can easily smell your catharsis for which i personally dont care and would continue to serve all those who really are the honest op's instead those who trickily cross checking his own doubts instead gently asking own query like you. Honestly speaking i am still laughing on your state of mind because i am nowhere disagreeing with you and you are thinking that you are doing my correction. Now in reply dont boast that you have been the member from long time as most of us use mobile version where nothing such information is being shown and important.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:35 pm
seagul wrote:
TODMATT wrote:
I had used extremely basic level of english which if you wish may translate into your own native langauge and above one was not for you rather an observation of the last few days where few members have been reporting misinformation from their colleagues/mates.
TODMATT wrote:
Even by using a reasonably priced glasses it can easily be readable that op has been presenting wrong wages figure which was at latest 17980 and £5600. And if these were correct then the one i had said was definitely the correct way.
TODMATT wrote:
I can easily smell your catharsis for which i personally dont care and would continue to serve all those who really are the honest op's instead those who trickily cross checking his own doubts instead gently asking own query like you. Honestly speaking i am still laughing on your state of mind because i am nowhere disagreeing with you and you are thinking that you are doing my correction. Now in reply dont boast that you have been the member from long time as most of us use mobile version where nothing such information is being shown and important.

Peace be upon you. Have a good night mate :D