ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yankeedoodle1991
Newly Registered
United States of America

Overstayer

Post by yankeedoodle1991 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:28 pm

HI I came on a spouse visa, but I self-isolated and have nhs note myself the end of March then was furlough on the first of April. My husband and I then couldn't afford the NHS surcharge. My visa expire 13 of this month, And I know of the 14-day period where we can still apply..I also apply for the covid 19 extension before my visa expired but not heard from them... Im an a american, from L.A and if i was to go back, i wouldnt have any place to stay, I have family but they couldnt help me. any advice and help.. Im new to the form.. thank you

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Re: Overstayer

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:53 pm

You would have needed to have applied for an extension before your visa expired.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:09 pm

yankeedoodle1991 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:28 pm
HI I came on a spouse visa, but I self-isolated and have nhs note myself the end of March then was furlough on the first of April. My husband and I then couldn't afford the NHS surcharge. My visa expire 13 of this month, And I know of the 14-day period where we can still apply..I also apply for the covid 19 extension before my visa expired but not heard from them... Im an a american, from L.A and if i was to go back, i wouldnt have any place to stay, I have family but they couldnt help me. any advice and help.. Im new to the form.. thank you
You are currently an overstayer in the UK. You are talking about paragraph 39E which allows you apply for your visa within 14 days and you must give good reasons for that.

IHS is mandatory if you intend to extend your visa otherwise without it, there’s no other way other than return back to your home country and apply for a new entry clearance application.

The COVID extension does not applies to you because you currently live in the UK and it is meant for those people who can’t return back to their country due to the current pandemic, this is my understanding.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

yankeedoodle1991
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by yankeedoodle1991 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:21 pm

yea i planned on paying the fee.. Just dont know whether or not is it going to be a waste of money or should i apply different route flr fp- or flr-o,,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:24 pm

IHS is payable for these too. FLR fp will reset your clock and will be a new 10 year route to ilr, 4 X 2.5 year visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:28 pm

yankeedoodle1991 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:28 pm
Are you salaried or Non salaried? Have you earned the required amount in the last 6 months? If you don’t meet the requirement for FLR M then application will fail so you can apply for FLR FP so avoid been placed on 10 years route as per CR001 comment above and also application fees is subjected to change in future.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.