ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by PPTP » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:28 pm

Scar wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:01 am
Good morning
I have received this email today after email FMT asking for an update

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, confirmation of this will be dispatched shortly, please allow at least 28 days for this letter to arrive

Kind regards,

UKVI

Can I tell from this email if the application was successful or not?
Aw. It seems HO decided to send some people to the office to print out the letters and post them. Previously they said “we do not known when we gonna send them out”.

It is a good sign now.

Small

Post by Small » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:31 pm

Just got an information from my mate. HO is dealing immigration interviews online now. But I don’t know how they will do online interviews for BC or ceremonies though!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:19 pm

Small wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:31 pm
Just got an information from my mate. HO is dealing immigration interviews online now. But I don’t know how they will do online interviews for BC or ceremonies though!
There are no "immigration interviews" for naturalisation, it's not an immigration application. Perhaps you can provide a source, web link, etc?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:17 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:19 pm
Small wrote:
There are no "immigration interviews" for naturalisation, it's not an immigration application. Perhaps you can provide a source, web link, etc?
Yeah, agree. Any source of info would be appreciated to support the words. And HO never did "interviews" for BC naturalisation.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:47 pm

Small wrote:
Could just mean that HO is prioritising immigration applications, as opposed to naturalisation applications currently.

As mentioned above, there are generally no interviews for British citizenship applications and ceremonies are conducted by local councils, not the Home Office.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Scar
Newly Registered

Post by Scar » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:09 pm

Oria wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:56 am
Hi Scar,
Hopefully it’s a positive result. Do you think they have made the decision during lock down? When did you last emailed them to ask for update, before this one?
Scar wrote:
Good morning

Good Morning,

I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, confirmation of this will be dispatched shortly, please allow at least 28 days for this letter to arrive

Kind regards,

UKVI

Thank you. I was assigned to a case worker just before the lockdown. I'm not sure if the discussion was also taken before lockdown because it's such a straight forward case or if the case worker worked on it during the lockdown

Scar
Newly Registered

Post by Scar » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:14 pm

Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:41 am
Hi
# Scar , # oria,#AC12
Can you guys tell me what exactly did you ask the Home Office? I mean what did you write can you write it here so I can copy to ask them same question?
Because I have been writing to them and I only get reply that show they never look into my application Thank you
I just wrote my name, DOB, address and case number and that I applied over 8 months ago and any update would be appreciated

That was the second time I asked for an update since I applied

I think If they have reached a decision they will tell you know. When did you apply?

Scar
Newly Registered

Post by Scar » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:16 pm

PPTP wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:28 pm
Scar wrote:
Good morning

Good Morning,

Kind regards,

UKVI

Aw. It seems HO decided to send some people to the office to print out the letters and post them. Previously they said “we do not known when we gonna send them out”.

It is a good sign now.
How can you tell? And if so why at least 28 days?

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:25 pm

Scar wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:14 pm
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Hi
# Scar , # oria,#AC12
Can you guys tell me what exactly did you ask the Home Office? I mean what did you write can you write it here so I can copy to ask them same question?
Because I have been writing to them and I only get reply that show they never look into my application Thank you
I just wrote my name, DOB, address and case number and that I applied over 8 months ago and any update would be appreciated

I think If they have reached a decision they will tell you know. When did you apply?
Thank you scar
I have applied on 12th February mate
I v seen people applied after me and they already got approval ...
Last edited by Fbiboy2002 on Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scar
Newly Registered

Post by Scar » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:43 pm

Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:25 pm
Scar wrote:
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Hi
# Scar , # oria,#AC12

Thank you scar
It depends on your route . I wouldn't worry about it for now as you only applied less than 3 months ago and there is no way to do the ceremony now anyway

Good luck

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:15 am

Scar wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:43 pm
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:25 pm
Scar wrote:
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Hi
# Scar , # oria,#AC12

Thank you scar
It depends on your route . I wouldn't worry about it for now as you only applied less than 3 months ago and there is no way to do the ceremony now anyway

Good luck
Cheers Scar

Sohail222
Pakistan

Post by Sohail222 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:44 pm

Hi I'm still wating application send 24 February 2020 bio done 27 February 2020

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:50 pm

Please do not post timeline only posts in this discussion topic!! There are specific timeline only threads.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Small

Post by Small » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:36 pm

PPTP wrote:
Scar wrote:
Good morning

Good Morning,

Kind regards,

UKVI

It is a good sign now.

Hi Scar,
Can you please state (what date or moth )did you have documents scanning at one of the centres. It gives us an idea how long it took HO to make a decision.
Thanks

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:48 pm

Small wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:36 pm
PPTP wrote:
Scar wrote:
Good morning

Good Morning,

Kind regards,

UKVI

It is a good sign now.

Hi Scar,
Can you please state (what date or moth )did you have documents scanning at one of the centres. It gives us an idea how long it took HO to make a decision.
Thanks
Hi Small

Hope you are ok
No body can really tell
When some people get the decision after 20 days of biometrics taken and documents uploaded others may take months. I had my biometrics taken on the 27th of August 2019 with no ideas or news of a decision made as yet

All the best

Small

Post by Small » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:03 pm

That’s fine but it passed well over 6 months. Did you send any email or letter to HO about the reason of delay
Ta

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:11 pm

Small wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:03 pm
That’s fine but it passed well over 6 months. Did you send any email or letter to HO about the reason of delay
Ta
On December 2019 they said that i should be contacted by post within 21 days and i didn't receive anything, so I contacted again around Christmas and they said it is with a case worker..when I contacted again on January and since then all feedback are that they are undertaking background checks

I am totally confused as since I am only getting very general replies.maybe I annoyed them of the many requests..but to be honest the first time I emailed was December..and the frequent emails were only after January as they already confused me with their contradicitng replies

I simply don't know 😕

gofornaturalisation
Newly Registered

Post by gofornaturalisation » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:24 am

Scar wrote:
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Hi
# Scar , # oria,#AC12

Hi Scar,

Could you please let me know what email address you sent your query to? I've sent an email to 3 addresses so far with information I'd accidentally omitted from my original application and haven't received a confirmation from either of the 3 addresses. I'd also love a status update as you've received.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Scar
Newly Registered

Post by Scar » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:33 am

gofornaturalisation wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:24 am
Scar wrote:
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Hi
# Scar , # oria,#AC12

Hi Scar,

Could you please let me know what email address you sent your query to? I've sent an email to 3 addresses so far with information I'd accidentally omitted from my original application and haven't received a confirmation from either of the 3 addresses. I'd also love a status update as you've received.

Thanks in advance for your help.

It's NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk
I don't think they will give any serious update unless it has been over 6 months

AC12
Mood:
India

Post by AC12 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:37 am

Moa7 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:06 am
Hi I have just received this email saying a decision on my application was made on 9 March 2020 well before the lockdown, however today is 20 April and I still haven't received my decision letter in the post or email as yet. I have emailed at the suggested email address but want to know if someone else had a similar experience? What can I expect?

Good Morning,

Thank you for your e-mail.

According to our records, the caseworker has made an decision on your application on the 9 March 2020. If you not received it already, you should receive it shortly.

However, if you not received the decision letter, I would advise you to either contact the Helpdesk by phoning them on 0300 123 2253 or send an e-mail the below address with your enquiry:

Nationality_Enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I hope this was of some assistance.

Regards
xxxxx

AO Grade

Nationality Exceptions Team
UK Visas and Immigration
PBS & Citizenship
Home Office

Blue Zone, 4th Floor, Capital Building, New Hall Place, Liverpool, L3 9PP

Hi, the email they've mentioned in your email Nationality_Enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk does not exist ! I had a similar email saying a decision was made on 9th March and on emailing them, it comes back as an invalid email ?

Any clue ?

Rusland
Spain

Post by Rusland » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:35 pm

Hi all,

As many of you I am waiting for the Home Office to communicate their decision in regards to my Naturalization application.

I am following almost daily the news in the forum, especially the posts where we can track the application timelines each month. When checking there it seems that no members have received any decisions by the Home Office since the 24th of March - one week after the lockdown started.

I wanted to check with the moderators of the forum and with all the members whether anyone is aware of any decisions made in the last 4-5 weeks.

Thanks to all of you.

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:18 pm

Rusland wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:35 pm
Hi all,

As many of you I am waiting for the Home Office to communicate their decision in regards to my Naturalization application.

I am following almost daily the news in the forum, especially the posts where we can track the application timelines each month. When checking there it seems that no members have received any decisions by the Home Office since the 24th of March - one week after the lockdown started.

I wanted to check with the moderators of the forum and with all the members whether anyone is aware of any decisions made in the last 4-5 weeks.

Thanks to all of you.
Hello Ruslan,

If you would be more attentive (as you follow daily in the forum) you would notice that no one has received anything since 23 March 2020. This was previously discussed in this topic. Unfortunate Home Office has not implemented any changes to the system due to current situation, as far as the officials provided the update.

Thank you

Rusland
Spain

Post by Rusland » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:23 pm

Thanks for your reply. To be honest, I started looking at this threat today thanks to the advise of CR001. I will make sure I keep a look at it every week and let you know in case I have any update myself.

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:03 pm

Rusland wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:23 pm
Thanks for your reply. To be honest, I started looking at this threat today thanks to the advise of CR001. I will make sure I keep a look at it every week and let you know in case I have any update myself.
I suspect that Home Office will not send out anything until the restrictions are removed. It is my personal opinion. As you know Home Office is not really flexible in changes.
All the above was discussed on here. So if you have time read it back. There are some interesting discussions which you might find helpful. If you have any questions you can ask.

bpatmens

Post by bpatmens » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:03 pm

Can someone please help?. How do we pay for the 372 pounds reconsiderations fee and which address do we send the forms to? This is in regards to citizenship applications.