ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exceeded 90days out of country due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tahambit06
Newly Registered

Naturalization due in oct 2020 but away from uk more than 90 days due to Covid -19

Post by Tahambit06 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:54 am

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding naturalization due in Oct 2020.but due to Covid -19 lock down situation,I have been stuck outside uk for last 2 months.and there is no Chance to come back in next month due to flight closure. May be I will be over 90 days stay outside the UK.does it impact on my naturalization application or it is come under unusual circumstances and will be allowed to apply. your suggestion will be most appreciated.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalization due in oct 2020 but away from uk more than 90 days due to Covid -19

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:00 am

I doubt whether for naturalisation there will be any allowance - it's not an immigration application where strict timelines need to be observed. Easiest would be just to wait a few months until you are back to around the 90 days requirement - you don't have to apply in Oct 2020.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

africangirl
Mozambique

Re: Naturalization due in oct 2020 but away from uk more than 90 days due to Covid -19

Post by africangirl » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:57 pm

I am facing the same problem not sure what will happen when everything goes back to normal.
I have been outside the country since November 2019 and because of the lockdown I cannot travel right now. Also how long can u b outside the country for before they cancel your settlement as we all know nobody knows how long will these lockdown be going for and when do flights resume or we go bk to normal life, I am just being extreme but nobody knows when the virus will go away.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:47 pm

ILR is normally invalidated by being away for two years - as you say nobody knows how long it will take but hopefully not that long.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Tahambit06
Newly Registered

Exceeded 90days out of country due to Covid-19

Post by Tahambit06 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:42 am

Hello all,

I have a question regarding my naturalization Application which is due in September 2020.i got my IlR in September 2019.i went to holiday in feb2020 and supposed to come back on end of March2020.but due to lockdown and flight closure I couldn’t come back within 90 days. My family Was with me and little kids.it was not safe to traveling either.so I stayed there near about 5 months.now I am back in uk.so will this effect my naturalization application? Or home office will accept my proves like return tickets and flight cancellations etc.should I apply in sep2020.?? Please your suggestion will be highly appreciated.thanks

secret.simon

Re: Exceeded 90days out of country due to Covid-19

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:44 am

Naturalisation is not a compulsory application that must be made by a particular deadline.

As you have been advised above, apply when you do meet the requirements.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.