ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS refund

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mmicky5050

IHS refund

Post by mmicky5050 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:54 am

I have successfully changed from Tier 2 to FLRM. There were still more than 1.5 years left on my Tier2. Is there a way to request the HO to refund the IHS on my remaining Tier2 or is that even possible?

I heard on the news yesterday that IHS is being examined for NHS workers. If IHS is indeed revoked, will it possible to ask for a refund on the FLR M IHS fees?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: IHS refund

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:06 pm

mmicky5050 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:54 am
I have successfully changed from Tier 2 to FLRM. There were still more than 1.5 years left on my Tier2. Is there a way to request the HO to refund the IHS on my remaining Tier2 or is that even possible?
IHS is usually be refunded fully/partially but still no harm in contacting them as they may refund it:
You do not need to do anything to get an IHS refund - it’s automatically paid to the account or card you paid with.

You’ll get a full IHS refund if:

you paid twice
your visa application is refused
you withdraw your visa application

You’ll get a partial IHS refund if your visa application’s successful but:

you get less time on your visa than you asked for
any dependants on your visa application are refused
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
mmicky5050 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:54 am
I heard on the news yesterday that IHS is being examined for NHS workers. If IHS is indeed revoked, will it possible to ask for a refund on the FLR M IHS fees?
Those NHS staff whose visas are expiring before October 2020 are entitled to renew it for one year without any application and IHS fee.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mmicky5050

Re: IHS refund

Post by mmicky5050 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:58 pm

Thank you Seagul, much appreciated as always

Regards