ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Universal Credit Help Urgent...

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wentots

Universal Credit Help Urgent...

Post by wentots » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:44 am

Here is our situation:

Me and wife works in healthcare sector, we just recently found out with that there are possitive covid elderlies in our workplace , we dont mind working but for the sake of our 2 year old son who is categorised as ‘extremelly clinically vulnerable’ we decided to shield our son as per public health guidelines, we have a letter from GP that he should have minimal exposure from covid19, we didn’t get a formal letter from governemnt or nhs because he wasn’t born in the UK.

We asked our employer if they can apply us for furlough but they said that we are not eligable and they don’t do furlough for employees who are shielding.

We in the process of finding a temporary accomodation because we currently live with my parents who are both key workers (HCA) aswell, now we are stock as we don’t know how to live on as we are on unpaid leave.

I am thinking of applying for universal credit and I have a few questions as they are very hard to contact on the phone.

- Would it affect my wifes spouse visa extension?
- Do I have to apply as single parent?
- Also could someone guide me on how to fill up the online form.

Its been a very depressing start of the year, all I can do now is be possitive, pray and hope for the best.

Thank you and Keep safe everyone!