ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA settlement before 5 years of marriage

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nayyer1986
Newly Registered

EEA settlement before 5 years of marriage

Post by Nayyer1986 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:04 pm

Hi Everyone

Hope everyone is keeping well and staying safe in this pandemic.
Just wanted to know if Home office has relaxed any laws/Rules around EU settlement scheme.
As i will be completing my 5 years of Marriage in October ( got visa after 2 years of marriage so 5 years visa valid till 2023).
But i was told on this forum and by my solicitor that i can apply for a settlement scheme after completing my 5 years of marriage which is in October 2020.
Can i apply before October due to this Corona outrage or do i have to wait until October and then apply online or via Form ( as my solicitor suggests hand filled form).
Any help will be very much appreciated as i am a key worker and have been really busy with work and haven’t kept myself upto date with any information.

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EEA settlement before 5 years of marriage

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:55 pm

Just wanted to know if Home office has relaxed any laws/Rules around EU settlement scheme.
There has been no relaxation of rules or laws relating to EU settlement schemes - you have to complete the full period before applying.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Nayyer1986
Newly Registered

Post by Nayyer1986 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:41 pm

Thanks

Nayyer1986
Newly Registered

Post by Nayyer1986 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:42 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:55 pm
There has been no relaxation of rules or laws relating to EU settlement schemes - you have to complete the full period before applying.
Thanks so i just need to wait till October to apply for settlement. But can i apply for settlement after 5 years of my marriage or 5 years of my visa .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:43 pm

Nayyer1986 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:42 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:55 pm
Thanks so i just need to wait till October to apply for settlement. But can i apply for settlement after 5 years of my marriage or 5 years of my visa .
If you married an EU citizen while in the UK, it starts counting from your date of marriage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.