ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence requirement for British Citizenship (Naturalisation) application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SDharwad
Newly Registered
India

Residence requirement for British Citizenship (Naturalisation) application

Post by SDharwad » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:50 pm

Dears, 

I have a query in regard to my British Citizenship (Naturalisation) application hope this forum can help me. :)

The date application was submitted and payment made: 24th April 2020
Date email received from the home office with my case ID: 27th April 2020

As per the residence requirement section in the Naturalisation booklet:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ooklet.pdf

“You must have been physically present in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands on the day 5 years before the application is received by the Home Office.

• For example, if your application is received on 05/01/2018 you should have been physically present in the UK on 05/01/2013.”

Now, I have submitted my application on 24th April 2020. I have got an email with my Case ID today (27th April 2020) from UKVI saying as below:

"Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered"   

My question is:

Since I submitted my application on 24th April 2020, will the date 24th April 2015 be considered as the day 5 years before the application is received or is it going to be 27th April 2015 as I received the acknowledgement email from UKVI on 27th April 2020?

2. If 27th April 2015 is going to be considered as the day 5 years before the application is received, then on the day 27th April 2015 I was physically in the UK but I had to travel to Italy for work later that day. - Would this be considered me physically being present in the UK on the 27th April 2015?

Much appreciate your response on this.

Thank you!!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Residence requirement for British Citizenship (Naturalisation) application

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:16 pm

Application date is the day you submitted/paid online - and that's the date five years back when you should have been in the UK. The date of acknowledgement is just that. As you were present on that date there is no issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.