ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by PPTP » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:15 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:16 pm
PPTP wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:48 am
Sous49 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:54 am
Hello there

Hope that you are all keeping safe

Can't all of us settled via refugee routes and waiting more than 6 months ( so much more ) for the outcome of the BC application write a lobbying letter , shared later or something to raise our issue as one voice ? And maybe publicly

What do you think ?
I noticed that yes, majority of refugees are experiencing the delays over 6 months (usually over 10 months according to my review and statistics).

To be honest, I have tried to contact some newspapers and some journalists, but it seems they are not interested in this topic. Unless you know any person who may know some contact internally.

But sure, it is a great idea to draft a collective letter and send to Amnesty International, UNHCR and maybe to 10 Downing Street and to MPs just to make an attention... If anyone thinks, it is a great idea, let's do! I am happy to nominate myself for this... :o :lol:

That is great PPTP. Let us see what others say

Regards
I already have some ideas what to put and write and who to send.

If anyone supports it, I will create a separate topic and will move this discussion there, where we can liaise further aspects.

ABU1
Newly Registered

Post by ABU1 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:16 pm

shaggie44 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:27 pm
tcell88 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:48 pm
shaggie44 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:14 pm
10 months later finally got my Approval letter!!

Eligibility:5 years refugee status+5 years ILR
Language criteria:UK Degree + Life in the UK
Method of application:Online + New service
Date of application: 12/06/2019
Date on approval letter: 22/05/2020 (finally!!)
Receipt approval letter: 27/05/2020

The wait is stressful believe me I know, do not relent, keep making noise about your application and if needs be involve your MP (This certainly helped in my case!!)
Surely you mean 04 instead of 05? I hope the days haven't blended in so much that it's already end of May :lol:
ohh my bad....you correct.
good to here your application got approved

ABU1
Newly Registered

Post by ABU1 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:23 pm

hi,
Urgent Help please
i have applied on 28th if february 2020 online. they have sent me an email telling my 5year period start on 1march 2015 to 28th feb 2020.
i was out of country on 1 of march 2015 as they saying i don’t meet statutory requirements. as per my knowledge the requirements is to stay In countary 5 years and you can not be absent in country more then 90 days a year and 6 month from 5 year in that scenario i am Completing my Statutory requirements. i wasn’t aware that first day of your 5 year you need to be present in countary and they asking me apply for reconsiderrtion of application . i don’t know how to do that and what to write them. can abybody help me please.and they given me just 15 days to do that thats so short of time.
thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:28 pm

ABU1 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:23 pm
hi,
Urgent Help please
i have applied on 28th if february 2020 online. they have sent me an email telling my 5year period start on 1march 2015 to 28th feb 2020.
i was out of country on 1 of march 2015 as they saying i don’t meet statutory requirements. as per my knowledge the requirements is to stay In countary 5 years and you can not be absent in country more then 90 days a year and 6 month from 5 year in that scenario i am Completing my Statutory requirements. i wasn’t aware that first day of your 5 year you need to be present in countary and they asking me apply for reconsiderrtion of application . i don’t know how to do that and what to write them. can abybody help me please.and they given me just 15 days to do that thats so short of time.
thank you.
Surely the email explained what exactly you need to do. There would also likely be an attachment for you to resign and return to HO.

The physically present requirement has ALWAYS been in place. It is nothing new.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrafgsharoon

Post by mrafgsharoon » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi PPTP
Thanks for asking
May I know how to make an official complaint and how long it takes .

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:40 pm

Dear Ariskar,
I have applied the same week as you on 21 July. I know a few other people who applied 1 month to at least 3 weeks before us who are still waiting... so it is not you and I and a few others on here who are waiting. I have sent requests for updates almost monthly mainly due to my address change during the application process - making sure that I have not missed any communications from HO.

So you are not all alone in this, this may calm you down. I think Covid-19 may be the cause of delays, but no doubt you and all of us will hear from HO soon. I would not advise you to take no action given that its not you being singled out, but it is apparent that there are different procedures that apply to applicants with refugee background meaning that our applications take longer than other applicants. I would not worry about this as I am sure caseworkers are bound to follow their rules/SOPs what ever guidance is there for them that they must follow, they do so. My opinion. I noticed someone who applied on 6 June 19 got decision yesterday. So by this you can measure, a response may come in the next 2-3 weeks or could be sooner. At least there are no new cases filed, caseworkers have the time to get rid of the workload that they have on their desks from before the lockdown begin.

I hope that this is helpful. At least you now know that there are hundreds more people from June/July of 19 waiting for a response. Stay safe guys.

ABU1
Newly Registered

Post by ABU1 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:28 pm
ABU1 wrote:
hi,
Urgent Help please
thank you.
Surely the email explained what exactly you need to do. There would also likely be an attachment for you to resign and return to HO.

thank you for reply

How do i pay fee for reconsideration? any idea ? because i have to contact then by post i think. i think its £372.00 i am just checking online how to apply for reconsideration just wants some clearity on it.if you know please do share with me .
thank you for your quick reply .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:54 pm

ABU1 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:51 pm
CR001 wrote:
ABU1 wrote:
hi,
Urgent Help please
thank you.

thank you for reply

How do i pay fee for reconsideration? any idea ? because i have to contact then by post i think. i think its £372.00 i am just checking online how to apply for reconsideration just wants some clearity on it.if you know please do share with me .
Have you actually been refused and received a refusal letter or have HO emailed you asking you to re-declare and resign the form and sent you the attachment? They are not asking you to apply for a reconsideration. Read the email carefully, it explains what they want you to do, i.e. resign and date the application and send it back for them to consider. They are not refusing you outright, which they can do, but have chosen to ask you to resign and redate the application form.

Reconsideration is ONLY possible if you have already been refused and you believe HO was wrong, which if you were absent from the UK, they were not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ABU1
Newly Registered

Post by ABU1 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:54 pm
ABU1 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
ABU1 wrote:
hi,
Urgent Help please
thank you.

thank you for reply

Have you actually been refused and received a refusal letter or have HO emailed you asking you to re-declare and resign the form and sent you the attachment? They are not asking you to apply for a reconsideration. Read the email carefully, it explains what they want you to do, i.e. resign and date the application and send it back for them to consider. They are not refusing you outright, which they can do, but have chosen to ask you to resign and redate the application form.

Reconsideration is ONLY possible if you have already been refused and you believe HO was wrong, which if you were absent from the UK, they were not.
again thank you so much for clearity
actully i mistaken they refused but they haven’t they just asking for signature and send them back. i got streesed and didn’t pay attention to full deatils as its not refused.
thank you again i appreciate your help🙏🏻

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:12 pm

ABU1 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:07 pm
CR001 wrote:
ABU1 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

thank you for reply

actully i mistaken they refused but they haven’t they just asking for signature and send them back. i got streesed and didn’t pay attention to full deatils as its not refused.
Just make sure you date it for the date you resign it, ie today and not the same date you applied in February.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ABU1
Newly Registered

Post by ABU1 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:12 pm
ABU1 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:07 pm
CR001 wrote:
ABU1 wrote:

thank you for reply

Just make sure you date it for the date you resign it, ie today and not the same date you applied in February.
SURE .THIS SITUATION AND COVID 19 so much things going on.tons of thank you again good point

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:04 pm

mrafgsharoon wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:37 pm
Hi PPTP
Thanks for asking
May I know how to make an official complaint and how long it takes .
Hello mrafgsharoon

The complaint procedure was discussed on the page 274. Please refer to this page and have a look.

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:29 pm

I send general email to UKVI to Verify there staff is still working as I send email 2 weeks ago with my case I’d and no reply was received until today.
general email reply below.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

Due to the current covid – 19 pandemic UKVI is operating with a bare minimum skeleton staff, therefore delays in processing applications are likely

Kind regards,

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:35 pm

Send email to nationality support team on 9 April 2020 Reply with my case I’d details received today.

My email was forward to Ct3 case worker team asking them to reply me don’t know which department is that.

Received email with a person name ( abc name )

We are still considering your application but please be assured a decision will be made as soon as possible.

Who send me email that person is my case worker ? Normally whenever I ask for update I get a reply from mmft nationality support team this time my email was forward to ct3 and they forward to person who email me.

What this mean someone is dealing with my case and that person is case worker ?

Someone had the similar email if yes after how long they get decision.

Many thanks in advance.

Scar
Newly Registered

Post by Scar » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:42 am

Malikg123 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:35 pm
Send email to nationality support team on 9 April 2020 Reply with my case I’d details received today.

My email was forward to Ct3 case worker team asking them to reply me don’t know which department is that.

Received email with a person name ( abc name )

We are still considering your application but please be assured a decision will be made as soon as possible.

Who send me email that person is my case worker ? Normally whenever I ask for update I get a reply from mmft nationality support team this time my email was forward to ct3 and they forward to person who email me.

What this mean someone is dealing with my case and that person is case worker ?

Someone had the similar email if yes after how long they get decision.

Many thanks in advance.
I think it is with a case worker now and it should be done within 3 months but much sooner hopefully

Good luck

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:02 am

PPTP wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:15 pm

If anyone supports it, I will create a separate topic and will move this discussion there, where we can liaise further aspects.
I support. Albeit we haven't made the HO written complaint either.
Oria wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:40 pm
Dear Ariskar,
I have applied the same week as you on 21 July. I know a few other people who applied 1 month to at least 3 weeks before us who are still waiting... so it is not you and I and a few others on here who are waiting. I have sent requests for updates almost monthly mainly due to my address change during the application process - making sure that I have not missed any communications from HO.

So you are not all alone in this, this may calm you down. I think Covid-19 may be the cause of delays, but no doubt you and all of us will hear from HO soon. I would not advise you to take no action given that its not you being singled out, but it is apparent that there are different procedures that apply to applicants with refugee background meaning that our applications take longer than other applicants. I would not worry about this as I am sure caseworkers are bound to follow their rules/SOPs what ever guidance is there for them that they must follow, they do so. My opinion. I noticed someone who applied on 6 June 19 got decision yesterday. So by this you can measure, a response may come in the next 2-3 weeks or could be sooner. At least there are no new cases filed, caseworkers have the time to get rid of the workload that they have on their desks from before the lockdown begin.

I hope that this is helpful. At least you now know that there are hundreds more people from June/July of 19 waiting for a response. Stay safe guys.
Thank you for the kind words. Also some friends who applied May 2019 in similar categories got their approvals in March 2020.

Best wishes for you and all those waiting, stay safe friends.

StaySafe99
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by StaySafe99 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:54 am

Good afternoon,

I hope everybody is keeping well and safe in these strange times.

My naturalization application was submitted first week of Jan 2020 and yesterday I have emailed the HO enquiring about an update. Today I have received the below response and was wondering if any of the members/moderators have seen this response before and has experience of how long it takes to receive the formal communication from the HO from the date this email was received . Your input would be much appreciated.

" Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, you should receive confirmation of this shortly, please allow at least 28 days from the date of this email.

The Home Office will endeavour to process applications and dispatch correspondence as quickly as possible, however in the current circumstances this will take longer than normal to process.
"

Cheers

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:56 pm

Hi,

I got exactly the same email on Monday this week (27 April), haven't got the letter yet.

From the discussion in this thread it seems the latest letters people received were sent on 13 March which was the last working day before the government recommended everyone to work from home.
If a batch of letters was sent last week or this week some people will receive it soon. But it's also possible that physical letters will be sent only when the lockdown is lifted.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:59 pm

StaySafe99 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:54 am
Good afternoon,

My naturalization application was submitted first week of Jan 2020 and yesterday I have emailed the HO enquiring about an update. Today I have received the below response and was wondering if any of the members/moderators have seen this response before and has experience of how long it takes to receive the formal communication from the HO from the date this email was received . Your input would be much appreciated.

I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, you should receive confirmation of this shortly, please allow at least 28 days from the date of this email.

The Home Office will endeavour to process applications and dispatch correspondence as quickly as possible, however in the current circumstances this will take longer than normal to process.
"

Cheers
Which email address you sent your request to?
And what exactly did you ask?
Hope you will receive your approval soon.

AC12
Mood:
India

Post by AC12 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:02 pm

StaySafe99 wrote:
Good afternoon,

"

Cheers
Yep, something similar, though in my case, they said a decision was made on the 9th of March and I should receive a letter by 9th May.

What email did you receive the note from ? The Nationality Biometrics email ?

Thanks

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:51 pm

ariskar wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:02 am
PPTP wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:15 pm

I support. Albeit we haven't made the HO written complaint either.
Oria wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:40 pm
Dear Ariskar,

Thank you for the kind words. Also some friends who applied May 2019 in similar categories got their approvals in March 2020.

Best wishes for you and all those waiting, stay safe friends.
Hello all

Thank you for your calming words

Hopefully we will get something soon

Let us wait and see

Good luck and stay safe

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:30 pm

Hi everyone, I am during my naturalisation but I am wondering on something.. Because ukvcas offices are closed and there are no any post office nearby to take my biometrics is it possible to scan my current passport for my biometrics? I mean my biometrics datas are in my passport. For settled status application I should just scan the chip with my mobiles nfc to get my bio. Can I do the same for naturalisation, or my biometrics should have taken at post office?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:37 pm

Laller wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:30 pm
Hi everyone, I am during my naturalisation but I am wondering on something.. Because ukvcas offices are closed and there are no any post office nearby to take my biometrics is it possible to scan my current passport for my biometrics? I mean my biometrics datas are in my passport. For settled status application I should just scan the chip with my mobiles nfc to get my bio. Can I do the same for naturalisation, or my biometrics should have taken at post office?
No, you need to enrolled biometrics and have your identity checked. Biometrics involves taking your digital photo and your fingerprints. Wait till the centres reopen to book your appointment. Note also that the uploaded documents are only submitted to ukvi once your biometrics are done and your identity has been checked.

You still need to scan a copy of your passport regardless.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

StaySafe99
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by StaySafe99 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:30 pm

StaySafe99 wrote:
Good afternoon,

"

Cheers
Thanks all for the information provided. Furthermore, do you know if we are expected to receive an email notification in parallel with the official letter for the application outcome?

For those who asked: I emailed (nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk)

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:42 pm

StaySafe99 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:30 pm
StaySafe99 wrote:
Good afternoon,

"

Cheers
Thanks all for the information provided. Furthermore, do you know if we are expected to receive an email notification in parallel with the official letter for the application outcome?

For those who asked: I emailed (nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk)
They will only send you the post letter

All the best