ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Fee waiver Request

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Faizi63
Pakistan

FLR (M) Fee waiver Request

Post by Faizi63 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:50 am

Hi

I just wanted to ask quick question. I am about to apply my wife FLR M extension 5 years route. I have found out in some FLR category we can apply for fee waiver request due to on going Covid-19 financial crisis.

Please advise am I eligible to apply on fee waiver as I’m going to apply FLR M 5 years route where we fulfill financial requirements £18600.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) Fee waiver Request

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:37 am

FLR m doesn't have a fee waiver.

It is the FLR fp route that has the fee waiver but you have to be destitute, homeless, domestic abuse victim etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:03 am

Also the FLR(FP) is a 10 years to ILR route.

And if your application for FLR(FP) is refused and you want to switch back to FLR(M), the immigration clock will have been reset to zero and you would need five further years of FLR(M) to get to ILR.

In this case, you can save money (try for FLR(FP)) or time (pay for FLR(M)).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:42 pm

Faizi63 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:50 am
I have found out in some FLR category we can apply for fee waiver request due to on going Covid-19 financial crisis.
What was the source of that information???
Govt has already offered job retention scheme where the furlough workers will receive 80% of their income and almost similar percentage of financial assistance to self employeds. Private landlords and housing associations can't evict the tenants for at least 3 months extendable to further 3 months due to rent arrears. People are working from home and are getting paid and cheering up the reduced expenditures. Conclusively there is no homelessness, destitution, domestic abuse for asking to consider the fee waiver.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:44 am

No the response in this thread does not seem to be correct.

Since January 2019, FLR(M) applicant could apply for fee waiver, if paying the fee will result in them becoming destutute.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Faizi63
Pakistan

Post by Faizi63 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:04 pm

Thanks for all your information.