ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Laller
Hungary

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Laller » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:37 pm
Laller wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:30 pm
Hi everyone, I am during my naturalisation but I am wondering on something.. Because ukvcas offices are closed and there are no any post office nearby to take my biometrics is it possible to scan my current passport for my biometrics? I mean my biometrics datas are in my passport. For settled status application I should just scan the chip with my mobiles nfc to get my bio. Can I do the same for naturalisation, or my biometrics should have taken at post office?
No, you need to enrolled biometrics and have your identity checked. Biometrics involves taking your digital photo and your fingerprints. Wait till the centres reopen to book your appointment. Note also that the uploaded documents are only submitted to ukvi once your biometrics are done and your identity has been checked.

You still need to scan a copy of your passport regardless.
"Wait till the centres reopen"....Should be CENTRE OR can be done in a Post Office?

And THANK YOU!

winter1234
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by winter1234 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:13 pm

Hello everyone,
I applied for naturalisation in middle of July 2019 and it is more than 9 months now.
I contacted HO several times and every time they provided me with a stupid excuse.
I made a complaint and received another stupid response.
I filled the form of ombudsman and sent it to my MP for signature.
To be honest I am not interested in British Nationality anymore but I will chase my complaint and I will do legal action for this matter.
I applied through refugee route and as I know people who applied through this route usually wait more than others without any clear reason.
I think everyone who have same situation should make a complaint and chase it up to the end.
This is the only way to deal with this rubbish department.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:47 pm

Laller wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:53 pm
CR001 wrote:
Laller wrote:
Hi everyone, I am during my naturalisation but I am wondering on something.. Because ukvcas offices are closed and there are no any post office nearby to take my biometrics is it possible to scan my current passport for my biometrics? I mean my biometrics datas are in my passport. For settled status application I should just scan the chip with my mobiles nfc to get my bio. Can I do the same for naturalisation, or my biometrics should have taken at post office?
No, you need to enrolled biometrics and have your identity checked. Biometrics involves taking your digital photo and your fingerprints. Wait till the centres reopen to book your appointment. Note also that the uploaded documents are only submitted to ukvi once your biometrics are done and your identity has been checked.

"Wait till the centres reopen"....Should be CENTRE OR can be done in a Post Office?

And THANK YOU!
It is the ukcvas centres where you enroll biometrics, which are currently closed. It is not the post office!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:02 pm

winter1234 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:13 pm
Hello everyone,
I applied for naturalisation in middle of July 2019 and it is more than 9 months now.
I contacted HO several times and every time they provided me with a stupid excuse.
To be honest I am not interested in British Nationality anymore but I will chase my complaint and I will do legal action for this matter.
I applied through refugee route and as I know people who applied through this route usually wait more than others without any clear reason.
I think everyone who have same situation should make a complaint and chase it up to the end.
Hello Winter1234

I completely support you and everyone who suffers the massive delays must do the complaint. If no clear reply, send the complaint to the ombudsman. I am sure MP will sign it easily because they are also fed up with home office.

It is majority of refugees suffer the most delay. We think to arrange a collective letter to various social organizations, including my House of Parliament and House of Lords.

If you support let me know. I will create a separate topic for us to discuss further actions.

Thank you

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:47 pm
Laller wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Laller wrote:

And THANK YOU!
It is the ukcvas centres where you enroll biometrics, which are currently closed. It is not the post office!!
My sister has gone to a post office last year for her biometrics.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:36 pm

Laller wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:30 pm
CR001 wrote:
Laller wrote:
CR001 wrote:

And THANK YOU!
For what application??

Ukcvas and the online system for citizenship has been in place since November 2018. It is only very limited immigration visa applications and certain EU route applications that can use the post office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

winter1234
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by winter1234 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:03 pm

PPTP wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:02 pm
winter1234 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Hello Winter1234

I completely support you and everyone who suffers the massive delays must do the complaint. If no clear reply, send the complaint to the ombudsman. I am sure MP will sign it easily because they are also fed up with home office.

It is majority of refugees suffer the most delay. We think to arrange a collective letter to various social organizations, including my House of Parliament and House of Lords.

If you support let me know. I will create a separate topic for us to discuss further actions.

Thank you
Hi PPTP,

I am in for any type of complaint and getting BC is no longer interesting for me but I really like to get the fee I paid or any other type of damage that I can get.
I contacted a solicitor as well and o am going to send home office a pre action letter as well.
Solicitor said usually when they receive this letter they apologise for the delay and then they send you the decision letter within 2 weeks but this letter will cost the applicant between £500 to £800 and as HO knows that they think efugees won't do that.
As I understood HO use this to delay refugees application as much as like as refugees are the most vulnerable applicants.
Shame on HO and I wish I had never come to UK.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:12 pm

winter1234 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:03 pm
PPTP wrote:
winter1234 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Hello Winter1234

Thank you
Hi PPTP,

I am in for any type of complaint and getting BC is no longer interesting for me but I really like to get the fee I paid or any other type of damage that I can get.
I contacted a solicitor as well and o am going to send home office a pre action letter as well.
Solicitor said usually when they receive this letter they apologise for the delay and then they send you the decision letter within 2 weeks but this letter will cost the applicant between £500 to £800 and as HO knows that they think efugees won't do that.
As I understood HO use this to delay refugees application as much as like as refugees are the most vulnerable applicants.
Thanks
Refugees are not the only applicants who experience delays. Unclear why a the refugees route applicants think there is some vendetta against a you. There is NOT. We have a member who applied in mid 3016 and is sti waiting and NOT a refugee. Many others, even spouse of British citizens have waited more than 6 months.

Ho makes enquiries with your home countries and many other departments, this can take a long time.

Citizenship is not a right or an entiltment, it is a privilege and ho needs to do all the checks they need to do before granting someone the privilege. Not getting a quick decision doesn't put your life on hold, you have ilr after all.

You can't sue ho for "damages" because of a delay in an application that is not a right.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

winter1234
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by winter1234 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:12 pm
winter1234 wrote:
PPTP wrote:
winter1234 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Hello Winter1234

Thank you
Hi PPTP,

Thanks
Refugees are not the only applicants who experience delays. Unclear why a the refugees route applicants think there is some vendetta against a you. There is NOT. We have a member who applied in mid 3016 and is sti waiting and NOT a refugee. Many others, even spouse of British citizens have waited more than 6 months.

Ho makes enquiries with your home countries, this can take a long time.

Citizenship is not a right or an entiltment, it is a privilege and ho needs to do all the checks they need to do before granting someone the privilege. Not getting a quick decision doesn't put your life on hold, you have ilr after all.
If you look at the timeline or just check with the user of this forum you will see refugees face with the longest delay.
Please let me know if there is any refugee in time line who got their decision letter in 6 weeks but you can see many applicants through tier1 and 2 and BC spouse which they got their decision letter in less than 6 weeks.
I am refugee because there is a war in my country and if they are seeking information from a country which is in war they are really stupid.
All in all when I raised this issue with this issue with my MP he said it is my right to complaint for this.
I am an experienced engineer who paid more than £120K tax in last 7 years and currently I have many offers from Canada and US and I have to stay here because stupid HO seeking information from a country which is in war.
I don't understand why some people back HO as many MP are against them.

milads
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by milads » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
winter1234 wrote:
PPTP wrote:
winter1234 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Hello Winter1234

Thank you
Hi PPTP,

Thanks

Ho makes enquiries with your home countries and many other departments, this can take a long time.

You can't sue ho for "damages" because of a delay in an application that is not a right.
Dear

Thank for you information.
I wonder to know what sort of enquires from home countries you mean?
Does home countries include where you were born or is it just the nationalities you have or had?

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:36 pm
Laller wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:30 pm
CR001 wrote:
Laller wrote:

And THANK YOU!
For what application??

Ukcvas and the online system for citizenship has been in place since November 2018. It is only very limited immigration visa applications and certain EU route applications that can use the post office.

Oh, wait...I might be wrong...hers been taken at Post office I am sure but maybe before Nov 2018. She just needed to apply 2x because she had not been succesful for the 1st. And she has applyed the same way as me. Permanent resident document then one year later naturalisation.

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrsabih » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:56 pm

Hi all i send email to ask service update and i received following reply hope it will clear some of you waiting for nationality decision

Thank you for your email.

Your application is currently progressing through the system as normal, applications are currently taking approx. 6 months to process, however due to the current corona virus pandemic this may take longer as UKVI is operating with reduced staffing levels as per current government guidelines.

We will contact you should we require any further information or once a decision has been made.

Kind regards,

UKVI

hope lockdown lift soon so they work faster
Do good and get reward

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:47 am

When did you apply ?

mrsabih wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:56 pm
Hi all i send email to ask service update and i received following reply hope it will clear some of you waiting for nationality decision

Your application is currently progressing through the system as normal, applications are currently taking approx. 6 months to process, however due to the current corona virus pandemic this may take longer as UKVI is operating with reduced staffing levels as per current government guidelines.

We will contact you should we require any further information or once a decision has been made.

Kind regards,

UKVI

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:53 am

Still 3 months
Scar wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:42 am
Malikg123 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:35 pm
Send email to nationality support team on 9 April 2020 Reply with my case I’d details received today.

My email was forward to Ct3 case worker team asking them to reply me don’t know which department is that.

Received email with a person name ( abc name )

We are still considering your application but please be assured a decision will be made as soon as possible.

Who send me email that person is my case worker ? Normally whenever I ask for update I get a reply from mmft nationality support team this time my email was forward to ct3 and they forward to person who email me.

What this mean someone is dealing with my case and that person is case worker ?

Someone had the similar email if yes after how long they get decision.

Many thanks in advance.
I think it is with a case worker now and it should be done within 3 months but much sooner hopefully

Good luck

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Fri May 01, 2020 5:39 am

Hello everyone,,

yesterday i did my corona test and it was positive. i dont know what gona happen with me, i just want to know that for example if i will be no more after a month what HO will do with my AN application ? is there any way can i take my fee back, because i am not any more interested in british nationality.

thanks

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Fri May 01, 2020 7:03 am

topsecret wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:39 am
Hello everyone,,

yesterday i did my corona test and it was positive. i dont know what gona happen with me, i just want to know that for example if i will be no more after a month what HO will do with my AN application ? is there any way can i take my fee back, because i am not any more interested in british nationality.

thanks
Hello Topsecret
I am so so sorry for that. Please keep yourself positive and do everything to get well.
To be honest, what happens to application - there is no experience people discussed. That is very Sensitive action. I suppose in this position fee would be given back... but I might be wrong.
But please do not even think this way...
All the best and keep yourself well.

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Fri May 01, 2020 7:24 am

milads wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:54 pm
CR001 wrote:
winter1234 wrote:
PPTP wrote:

Hello Winter1234

Thank you
Hi PPTP,

Thanks

Dear

Does home countries include where you were born or is it just the nationalities you have or had?
Dear all

Can I also put some pennies in here!? As refugees we fully understand that this is a privilege. But this privilege is given too painful and massive discrimination.

I totally agree with Winter - refugees are the most vulnerable people. Some of them ran out of countries where is war. Lost their relatives... majorities of these wars are started by the countries who wanted to “bring democracy” in there (but oil and gas is the main priority for democracy bringer...) I hope you understand what I mean.

As refugees I met many issues with my ILR and new employments. When the employer even see indefinite leave and see refugee on it - he/she changes his eyes and next day I got job refusals - even thought I was over qualified and had much more experience than the people they offered...

Also according to Refugees Human Act rights - asylum application is private and personal application. The country authority is not even allowed to contact the country where the person suffered the persecution. Home Office simply breaches the law if they do it... Home Office can search for the independent person opinion. But even this should not be carried out during BC application. All the country checks are carried out when refugee applies for ILR. As you remember this rule was brought by Theresa May in 2015.

There is always a possibility for a legal action due to the negligence work. Everything has a limited time, even BC applications has internal guidance rule for 6 months. otherwise some people would wait for their benefits payments indefinitely.... Yes, there is no law for it, but there are lots of other guidances HO uses.

To be honest I would advise Home Office to carry out more check for people who came from the countries, which sells their citizenship to everyone who provides fake documents and bribe the authority, what is very popular now in some EU countries.

You can hate me now 😂

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Fri May 01, 2020 9:39 am

PPTP wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:03 am
topsecret wrote:
Hello everyone,,

thanks
Hello Topsecret
I am so so sorry for that. Please keep yourself positive and do everything to get well.
To be honest, what happens to application - there is no experience people discussed. That is very Sensitive action. I suppose in this position fee would be given back... but I might be wrong.
But please do not even think this way...
All the best and keep yourself well.
Hi Top-secret

I just echo PPTP you will be OK. Be positive .
Remember you will be OK

Keeping you in my thoughts..
Take care

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Fri May 01, 2020 9:48 am

PPTP wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:24 am
milads wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:54 pm
CR001 wrote:
winter1234 wrote:

Hi PPTP,

Thanks

Dear

Dear all

Can I also put some pennies in here!? As refugees we fully understand that this is a privilege. But this privilege is given too painful and massive discrimination.

I totally agree with Winter - refugees are the most vulnerable people. Some of them ran out of countries where is war. Lost their relatives... majorities of these wars are started by the countries who wanted to “bring democracy” in there (but oil and gas is the main priority for democracy bringer...) I hope you understand what I mean.

As refugees I met many issues with my ILR and new employments. When the employer even see indefinite leave and see refugee on it - he/she changes his eyes and next day I got job refusals - even thought I was over qualified and had much more experience than the people they offered...

Also according to Refugees Human Act rights - asylum application is private and personal application. The country authority is not even allowed to contact the country where the person suffered the persecution. Home Office simply breaches the law if they do it... Home Office can search for the independent person opinion. But even this should not be carried out during BC application. All the country checks are carried out when refugee applies for ILR. As you remember this rule was brought by Theresa May in 2015.

There is always a possibility for a legal action due to the negligence work. Everything has a limited time, even BC applications has internal guidance rule for 6 months. otherwise some people would wait for their benefits payments indefinitely.... Yes, there is no law for it, but there are lots of other guidances HO uses.

To be honest I would advise Home Office to carry out more check for people who came from the countries, which sells their citizenship to everyone who provides bad quality documents and bribe the authority, what is very popular now in some EU countries.

You can hate me now 😂
Can't agree more PPTP
Keeping the word refugee with ILR is like a special stamp that goes with us forever
Yes CROO1 we can continue our lives as normal .. but not as normal when you don't even have a proper passport where many countries do not accept the travel document. I can't really say that seeking asylum was a choice..
Because of HO delay I lost the chance of meeting my dad who started having Dementia and I was planning of meeting him and mom in a country that doesn't accept travel document while he still can travel.now I lost that hope
If HO is asking our countries about us they would be imposing high risk on the life of our families .
What we ask for is fairness

Hope you all keep well in these hard times

mr_iyamu
Newly Registered

Post by mr_iyamu » Fri May 01, 2020 9:58 am

topsecret wrote:
Hello everyone,,

thanks
Stay Strong mate. Please don’t focus on HO but use this as a time of reflection and thinking positive thoughts. It would help in your recovery process. When you get better the HO would still be here.
Stay Strong Mate. Staying positive brings a smile to your face even in dark times. I’ll add you in my prayers now but the bulk of the work comes from you staying positive treating yourself with a positive mindset.
Repeat.... Positive... Positivity... Even the HO needs you alive and healthy. Stay Safe Mate.

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Fri May 01, 2020 10:05 am

topsecret wrote:
Hello everyone,,

thanks
Hi
Please stay positive it will go away from you soon not everyone got that virus something bad happened to them , the majority are ok keep yourself positive mate

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:36 pm

Hello all

Hope you are all keeping well
Top-secret please stay hopefull and positive .. you will be ok

An update
Got this reply today

Good Afternoon,

I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, you should receive confirmation of this shortly, please allow at least 28 days from the date of this email.

The Home Office will endeavour to dispatch correspondence as quickly as possible, however in the current circumstances this will take longer than normal to process.

Kind regards,

UKVI

So I hope well

Good luck all

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Fri May 01, 2020 12:45 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:36 pm
Hello all

An update
Got this reply today

Good Afternoon,

I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, you should receive confirmation of this shortly, please allow at least 28 days from the date of this email.

The Home Office will endeavour to dispatch correspondence as quickly as possible, however in the current circumstances this will take longer than normal to process.

Kind regards,

UKVI

So I hope well

Good luck all
Hi
This is great. I’m happy for you. Can you remind us your timeline, also did you email fmt? Mine has been 9.5 months, applied 21 July. If I don’t hear anything in next 7 days I’ll send a request for an update. Like many of us, travelling with Travel Document is a major problem for me as many many country do not recognise TD and some that do take ages to issue visas e.g it takes 2-3 months to obtain Indian visa on a TD which sucks.

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Fri May 01, 2020 1:06 pm

Oria wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:45 pm
Sous49 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:36 pm
Hello all

An update
Got this reply today

Good Afternoon,

Kind regards,

UKVI

So I hope well

Good luck all
Hi
This is great. I’m happy for you. Can you remind us your timeline, also did you email fmt? Mine has been 9.5 months, applied 21 July. If I don’t hear anything in next 7 days I’ll send a request for an update. Like many of us, travelling with Travel Document is a major problem for me as many many country do not recognise TD and some that do take ages to issue visas e.g it takes 2-3 months to obtain Indian visa on a TD which sucks.
Hi Oria

Thank you so much for your kind wishes.

I applied online on the 23 of August 2019. ILR refugee routes. On December 2019 I asked about an update for the first time and they said I will be contacted by post within 21 days but received nothing.after that I stopped getting any meaningful update.
Although I was a bit optimistic today to get this reply, I will not relax and believe until I see the letter of approval.
Yes it is the FMT one.

Good luck to all of us

Stay safe

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrsabih » Fri May 01, 2020 1:39 pm

Malikg123 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:47 am
When did you apply ?

mrsabih wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:56 pm

Kind regards,

UKVI

i submitted my application on 4th March and Bio submit on 5Th march 2020
Do good and get reward