ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming child tax credit - Universal credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Claiming child tax credit - Universal credit

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:05 pm

Hi All, the Moderaters & especially CR007 who has being very informative previously,

This group has being very helpful throughout the last 6 years and more knowledgeable than solicitors .
So i am back again for more information.

I have my who is on a spouse visa ( 5 year route) and her first extension is in January 2021 and getting myself ready from now so i don't fall in any dillema.

I have applied for Child Tax credit but as everyone is aware it comes under one umbrella called the Universal credit. I went with my wife and myself and as you are aware that the claim needs to be in both our names but later she will get refused as she has no recourse to public fund.

First: i earn more than the required amount to meet my financial requirementfor her spouse visa extension application.

HERE COMES THE ISSUE:
I applied for child tax credit but obviously its called universal credit. I have just got paid for it as i have 2 kids.

I was told you can apply for universal credit under the child tax requirement. IS THIS RIGHT?

Would it affect the application and hence transfer her to a 10 year route from a 5 year route.
I dont want to get penalised. I would cancel it as a £1500 is not worth the whole hassle.
If its fine how would i make sure to proof its for child tax credit and not anything else. It all says universal creit on the paper work

PLEASE GUIDE ME.

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Claiming child tax credit - Universal credit

Post by JB007 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:13 pm

Alz3eem2018 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:05 pm
I was told you can apply for universal credit under the child tax requirement. IS THIS RIGHT?
Under the Welfare Reforms, the benefit called Child Tax Credits has ended. The benefit called Universal Credit, has replaced six means tested benefits.

Universal Credit is replacing the following benefits:

Child Tax Credit
Housing Benefit
Income Support
income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
Working Tax Credit

https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit

Universal Credit is an allowance, with extra amounts if conditions are met.

Your Universal Credit payment is made up of a standard allowance and any extra amounts that apply to you

https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/what-youll-get

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Fri May 01, 2020 9:41 am

Thanks for the explanation.

But I am wanting to know if i am initially in the danger zone of having my wife's spouse visa extension being dropped to a 10 year route rather than the current 5 years route ..

All comments would be useful

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:09 am

CR001 can i get your input on this please