ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Accounts for Extension Application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wanttostayintheuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

200K query

Post by wanttostayintheuk » Sat May 02, 2020 2:55 pm

Hello, I am wondering if someone can clarify the following for me:

Is it true that the 200k does not specifically have to be 'spent' - as long as it has been transferred to the business via Director's Loan? In other words, when it comes time to renew my visa, let's say 200k has been transferred to the business via Director's Loan, but only 40k has actually been spent. Is that still considered sufficient? Thanks

marcnath

Re: 200K query

Post by marcnath » Sat May 02, 2020 5:58 pm

wanttostayintheuk wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:55 pm
Hello, I am wondering if someone can clarify the following for me:

Is it true that the 200k does not specifically have to be 'spent' - as long as it has been transferred to the business via Director's Loan? In other words, when it comes time to renew my visa, let's say 200k has been transferred to the business via Director's Loan, but only 40k has actually been spent. Is that still considered sufficient? Thanks
Yes. That's correct.

But a business that has only spent, 40K in three years would definitely be screened for genuineness
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

wanttostayintheuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: 200K query

Post by wanttostayintheuk » Sun May 03, 2020 10:21 pm

Thank you

wanttostayintheuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Biz Plan Extension Question

Post by wanttostayintheuk » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:32 pm

Do most people applying for an extension re-submit an updated business plan, or simply relay how they have/haven't been sticking to the original plan? Are we to presume that even if we don't re-submit the original plan, they will have it in their records and be checking against it?

marcnath

Re: Biz Plan Extension Question

Post by marcnath » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:51 pm

wanttostayintheuk wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:32 pm
Do most people applying for an extension re-submit an updated business plan, or simply relay how they have/haven't been sticking to the original plan? Are we to presume that even if we don't re-submit the original plan, they will have it in their records and be checking against it?
The only requirement is that you must provide something that shows "how you are implementing your business plan"
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

wanttostayintheuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Late Documents Question

Post by wanttostayintheuk » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:32 pm

Hello, is it true that you don't necessarily need to submit all your documents on the date of your online application? If so, is it simply a matter of booking your biometrics appointment and submitting them at that time? Thanks

wanttostayintheuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Biz Plan Extension Question

Post by wanttostayintheuk » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:33 pm

Thanks Marcnath

wanttostayintheuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Bank Accounts for Extension Application

Post by wanttostayintheuk » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:19 am

Hi - with our extension application, are we supposed to include all our business bank statements showing every transaction we've made - or is it simply a matter of singling out transactions related to the 200k investment? Thanks a lot.

marcnath

Re: Bank Accounts for Extension Application

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:23 am

wanttostayintheuk wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:19 am
Hi - with our extension application, are we supposed to include all our business bank statements showing every transaction we've made - or is it simply a matter of singling out transactions related to the 200k investment? Thanks a lot.
As far as I recall, there is no requirement for any business statement with respect to investment.
It will be useful if you can point out which part of the guidance you are trying to meet?

wanttostayintheuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by wanttostayintheuk » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:31 pm

Hi Marcnath. Well as an example, in the documents checklist that I got from the Home Office, one of the items on the list is :' Business bank accounts (which you are a signatory of) showing transactions.' So does that mean we need to include all the bank statements for our business account?

Regarding the 200k part, I recall it saying somewhere that the 200k investment should be evident in readily identifiable transactions. But mostly I am just conerned with whether I need to include all my bank statements. Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:59 pm

wanttostayintheuk wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:31 pm
Hi Marcnath. Well as an example, in the documents checklist that I got from the Home Office, one of the items on the list is :' Business bank accounts (which you are a signatory of) showing transactions.' So does that mean we need to include all the bank statements for our business account?

Regarding the 200k part, I recall it saying somewhere that the 200k investment should be evident in readily identifiable transactions. But mostly I am just conerned with whether I need to include all my bank statements. Thanks
For the first part, it is not a requirement for evidence of investment - it is evidence of a business established in the UK. So any one statement will do.

On the second part, Bank statement is not a necessity but is the easiest way of evidencing that the money came from you personally. But it could be a copy of your remittances, for example. And if you are using bank statements for that, you only need those specific statements that show the transactions.