ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am British citizen wants to claim UC

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eddiewestyorkshirers
Newly Registered

I am British citizen wants to claim UC

Post by eddiewestyorkshirers » Sun May 03, 2020 5:59 am

hi there
i am a British citizen with 3 British born kids but wife is still on immigtration control, although she have applied for ILR (FLR M) last month. i am self employed worker and my wife never worked at all but due to corona situation i wanted to know if i can apply for UC because just like child tax credits and working tax credit the UC is also on joint names, so shall i still apply for UC along with my wifes name and can claim it on single element ?

do u think HO will consider it??

i am new to this forum can someone feed me with the right answer or advice pls??

Casa

Re: I am British citizen wants to claim UC

Post by Casa » Sun May 03, 2020 11:26 am

eddiewestyorkshirers wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:59 am
hi there
i am a British citizen with 3 British born kids but wife is still on immigtration control, although she have applied for ILR (FLR M) last month. i am self employed worker and my wife never worked at all but due to corona situation i wanted to know if i can apply for UC because just like child tax credits and working tax credit the UC is also on joint names, so shall i still apply for UC along with my wifes name and can claim it on single element ?

do u think HO will consider it?? Yes. The application is online and you and your wife will need to open separate accounts which will be linked. You will then be contacted separately by telephone to verify details and your wife will be advised that her claim will be disregarded.

i am new to this forum can someone feed me with the right answer or advice pls??
Did your wife apply for ILR (SET(M) or FLR(M). They are different categories. :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

eddiewestyorkshirers
Newly Registered

Re: I am British citizen wants to claim UC

Post by eddiewestyorkshirers » Mon May 04, 2020 12:01 am

thanks for reply
yes she had applied for a SET M ...and i am the sponsor