ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about employment on AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

passat
Pakistan

Form AN: Gap in address history of 5 years

Post by passat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:54 pm

In the past 5 years, I have stayed at two addresses. However in between those two addresses, I stayed in a hotel and then in an airbnb for about 7 weeks, as I relocated to a different city and was looking to find a new house during that time.

How do I deal with this gap in address history? Shall I put the addresses of those hotel and airbnb? Shall I just leave it? Shall I mention it in the notes?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Form AN: Gap in address history of 5 years

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:36 pm

Just state the addresses you have been at - it's no an issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:36 pm

For example, my first address is from January 2014 to June 2015 and the second address is from August 2015 to present. There is no address from June to August 2015. Should I just skip June-Aug 2015 period in my address record?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:38 pm

if you were out of country then leave the gap - the time should be reflected in your absence numbers. Otherwise if still in UK then somehow you stayed somewhere?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:53 am

Yes, I was in the UK and I stayed part of the time in a hotel and partly in an airbnb. Should I provide those addresses then? What was puzzling me was that they were not my own addresses, and my understanding was that I needed to provide the addresses of the places where I lived, that I rented or owned.

passat
Pakistan

Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?

Post by passat » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:08 am

Hello friends,

I am filling my citizenship application. There is a question:

"Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?"

If I answer 'Yes', it asks:

"Tell us the previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain you had"

As I had passed an English language test for my ILR application more than a year ago, shall I answer Yes to the above question and write "Indefinite Leave to Remain # xxxxxx" in answer to the second?

I am asking because I am not sure if the 'visa, entry clearance or leave to remain' in the question includes 'indefinite leave to remain' as well.

Thanks

passat
Pakistan

Re: Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?

Post by passat » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:11 am

Or does the question mean to ask about visas prior to ILR, because a separate question follows which asks "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?"

If the first question excludes ILR from its defnition, then in my answer, should I say Tier 2 General ?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:14 am

ILR = Leave to remain
YES to both it seems.

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:49 pm

Thank you

passat
Pakistan

Question about employment on AN form

Post by passat » Fri May 01, 2020 11:12 pm

I am preparing my naturalisation application through the ILR (5 year T2G) + 12 months route.

I was in full time employment until 30.09.2019.

From 09.03.2020 to 17.04.2020 I worked for a company for 6 weeks under a contract for which I established a limited company.

My contract ended on 17.04.2020 and I am not doing any work at the moment. However, I remain the director of my limited company even though it's not making any money.

I have not submitted any self-assessment returns, nor determined any salary or dividends from my limited company as of yet.

Question: How do I answer the previous employment history question?

Shall I say that my previous employment was as a director from 09.03.2020 and 17.04.2020 with the employer name of my own limited company (instead of the company I worked for) and that my current employment status is unemployed?

passat
Pakistan

Re: Question about employment on AN form

Post by passat » Mon May 04, 2020 11:41 am

Any guidance on this employment related question please?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:12 pm

Shall I say that my previous employment was as a director from 09.03.2020 and 17.04.2020 with the employer name of my own limited company (instead of the company I worked for) and that my current employment status is unemployed?
You are still "employed" by your company, irrespective of whether you got any income from it. So you are employed "to date".

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Tue May 05, 2020 8:29 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:12 pm
You are still "employed" by your company, irrespective of whether you got any income from it. So you are employed "to date".
Thank you. So as long as my limited company exists, I cannot be unemployed, whether I work or not?

Is there a proof of employment or income required to be submitted along with the citizenship application? I obtained my ILR through the Tier 2 General 5 years route.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:01 am

Thank you. So as long as my limited company exists, I cannot be unemployed, whether I work or not?
You are the Director of the company until you resign or close it.
Is there a proof of employment or income required to be submitted along with the citizenship application? I obtained my ILR through the Tier 2 General 5 years route.
There's no requirement to prove employment income which came under PAYE (employment is not a requirement for naturalisation) - If you are/were self-employed you need to submit your self-assessment returns as you don't come under PAYE in that case. If you haven't done one yet you should explain the fact.