ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Plane Tickets

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

AzimScot

Plane Tickets

Post by AzimScot » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:03 pm

when approved a spouse visa and you have 28 days to travel to the country you gained your visa can you buy a single journey ticket or does it have to be a return? Its only 1 journey but mother said during her time it was a must to have a return ticket??

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:58 pm

If you're entering on a spouse visa, a single ticket is totally ok. However, check the prices, return tickets are usually cheaper!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:24 pm

If you're entering on a spouse visa, a single ticket is totally ok. However, check the prices, return tickets are usually cheaper!
Why does she need a return ticket?.The spouse is coming to the UK to settle with her husband for good

You only need a return ticket if you are coming as a visitor, as a return ticket is a good indication of your return to the country you have come from.

A single ticket would suffice for you in this case

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:57 am

Why does she need a return ticket?
I never said she did. I said a single ticket was fine, just pointed out that return tickets can be cheaper :roll:

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:43 pm

my mother was saying during her time about 20-30 years ago that is it was the law to get a return ticket in case problems occurred when arriving in Britain but nowadays once you get your visa approved that you.

Ramsay

Post by Ramsay » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:13 am

Immigration in Nepal wouldn't give my Fiancee (now wife) a letter saying that she couyld travel because she only had a single ticket. Argued until she was blue in the face but still had to buy a return to get this letter.

As an aside for unknown reasons Jet Air London won't deal with the refund because it was bought in Kathmandu so have to go through that office.

However, she is Tibetan so had to jump through hoops to get a Travel Doc/ permission to travel. UK customs didn't ask about return ticket so you should be ok with a single because your sponsor letter should say you'll arrange repatriation if needed anyway.

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:45 am

AzimScot wrote:my mother was saying during her time about 20-30 years ago that is it was the law to get a return ticket
Well, things change 20 years down the line.

A single ticket is totally fine...
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!