ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusing question in AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Confusing question in AN form

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 04, 2020 1:14 pm

Certainly a good sign they are taking the money!
From reading postings here I understand applicants normally get an email acknowledgement quoting your personal case ID (unless it's already on the payment confirmation). So hopefully that should arrive soon - there have been cases where no email was received ....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:14 pm

Thank you.

I had an email this afternoon by HO saying say received
my application.
I’m also able to upload documents into my new created account.
Next step waiting for biometric appointments.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:45 am

Thank you for answering all my questions so far.
I really appreciate it and I hope I reply at the right spot.

I got some more questions:

1. Regarding UKVCAS account.
I was always prepared to upload all documents myself.
The account is created. Do I need to upload all in one go
or can I go in various times and add more or delete documents?

2. Regarding cover letter. I have one and I had to mention a few things. I know there’s no template and I don’t want one, I know what I want to mention. However is there anything we should not do/ write in regards to a cover letter?

3. As I now said “no” to the question if I want my case being considered if I don’t meet the requirements (one of my previous questions) and I’m still worried about my choice does it make sense to mention this in my cover letter or can I let this go?

4. The issue about the council tax payment (question above as well) I haven’t declared in the form. I was thinking it’s an arranged payment which I pay with no problems. Like I say there has been this letter from court arranging this payments without me ever been there. And like I said I called the council saying there’s no ccj or any problems about that.
I declared it now in my cover letter plus add a document of arranged payment.
I hope that is ok?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed May 06, 2020 10:24 am

1. Can't comment as never used the facility and we don't have sight of all the options available - anyone else?
2. No issue with the cover letter but best to be concise and to the point - make it easy for the caseworker.
3. You are overthinking - I would leave it - you have shown that you satisfy the requirements.
4. No issue with including it in your letter.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Wed May 06, 2020 11:02 am

Perfect. Thanks you. That’s very helpful.

To 1. Documents. I’ve seen people saying they had problems with the page. Uploading a document and weren’t able to do that again. Maybe someone can share their experiences with uploading?
I’ve spent hours some weeks ago with scanning.
Especially as I made files with various documents for each year. All in B/W and under 6MB. That’s why I won’t let them scan at the centre as I got my system already I like.
It’s not a payment issue as I guess we all pay proper once the centres re open as there will be many in need of appointments and I guess it’s just about getting an appointment (suitable for a full time employee).

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:50 am

I want to ask my personal questions about the new requirement about Comprehensive Sickness Insurance in my own thread.

I’ve submitted my application 2nd May.
Since I received Settled Status a year before I tried to get as much information and checking all requirements.
I had a lot of support and many questions and by the time submitting I felt ok about it.
CSI was one of my questions and until the last minute it was obvious to me and confirmed by many we don’t need that.
I have myself a history of being first supported and the other years in full time employment.
I never considered to apply for PR as CSI was a requirement. But never got Settled Status and CS.

I did all my tests in January and filled out the form back then and kept it alive by logging in to the date I was allowed to apply.
The wording in fact had changed and you cannot submit the form if you don’t tick all boxes also the ones that don’t apply in my case of being a student, retired or self employed. So you just do that.
The wording by self sufficient is following:

“If you spent some of that time in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person, and had comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI), a copy of your sickness insurance policy”

I did understood the last part of it as kinda optional. So if you had insurance you provide these details.
And to highlight again you cannot submit the form by not ticking each box.

However now after these news from Friday and the article yesterday I feel sick with worry and very confused.
I know many others feel the same and hope for some more information especially regarding pending applications submitted before the announcement of the 15th May.

I cannot change anything of my past for suddenly not having CSI and I cannot withdraw my application or get a refund.

All my documents are uploaded at UKVCAS and as I have no biometrics appointment yet I’m still able to upload documents.
I already have a cover letter. So I created an additional one declaring why I don’t have CSI and ask to exercise discretion.
I have a personal story too why I haven’t worked and explain more private details in there. Also about not knowing about the new requirement at the point of application.
I don’t know if I should add something else.

Could someone please advice me what else I could write or certain kind of wordings when asking for discretion?

Many thanks