ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Spouse Extension - consent forms

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cfritas
Newly Registered
Brazil

FLR(M) Spouse Extension - consent forms

Post by cfritas » Mon May 04, 2020 11:40 am

Hi!

I have just received an email from the Home Office regarding my application that was sent on March 23.

It says that my application is not yet valid because there is a document missing. It's the Part 2 Consent form - Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information. But what confused me is that they say this should be signed by the SPONSOR of this application.

I do not need a financial sponsor as I work and make the minimum amount required. Do they mean sponsor as in my husband is sponsoring me because it's a spouse visa?

I'm sorry if this seems obvious, but with immigration every detail is crucial, so I wanna make sure I get it right.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) Spouse Extension - consent forms

Post by CR001 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:46 am

Are you submitting any documents, such as utility or council tax, in joint names as evidence of cohabitation??

If any document you submit has both your names on, the consent form is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cfritas
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by cfritas » Mon May 04, 2020 11:52 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:46 am
Are you submitting any documents, such as utility or council tax, in joint names as evidence of cohabitation??

If any document you submit has both your names on, the consent form is required.
Yes, I'm submitting tenancy agreements and those have both of our names.
Thank you very much!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon May 04, 2020 1:30 pm

cfritas wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:52 am
CR001 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:46 am

Yes, I'm submitting tenancy agreements and those have both of our names.
Thank you very much!
Then I think part 2 consent form must be signed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon May 04, 2020 2:23 pm

cfritas wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:40 am
I do not need a financial sponsor as I work and make the minimum amount required. Do they mean sponsor as in my husband is sponsoring me because it's a spouse visa?
And yes, it can be looked at that way that your husband is the sponsor of the visa even if you're meeting other requirements as the applicant.

The visa is dependent on their status in the UK.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."