ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric email received but no letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Daljit77
Newly Registered
India

Biometric email received but no letter

Post by Daljit77 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:58 pm

:cry: hi i have misplaced my Indian passport and ilr visa in it and I have changed my name so I submitted my Brp ntl application online for replacing my ilr visa from passport to Brp card with new name.but I have received email from home office says that I will have receive a confirmation letter take it to post office for Biometric fingerprint and documents scanned in 15 days or my application will be rejected but it has been over two months since I have not received any letter yet.
And I have received other email from home office says that if I have previous details of home office record and hasn't received letter then I can still go post office without booking appointment for Biometric fingerprint before application get rejected .
But information services told me that I have to take the letter to book appointment.so please can you please tell me what to do because my deadline date for Biometric fingerprint is 12th may. Other thing I want to know is there is fee to book a appointment showing on my application but I have paid the £20 biometric fee with the application so what is this fee for. Please advise me and explain what should I do next it is very important and urgent I will be appreciated thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometric email received but no letter

Post by CR001 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:06 pm

Biometrics are done at the ukcvas centres and you book an appointment. You don't get a letter in the post to do this.

It isn't at the post office anymore except for a few very minimal visa routes.

When you applied online, you would have been directed to the ukcvas sopra steria system to book a biomteric appointment and upload your supporting documents. The £20 fee you paid is for biometrics at ukcvas and not the post office.

Have you got your new Indian passport?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.