ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

A Canadian
Canada

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by A Canadian » Mon May 04, 2020 12:57 pm

Boo47 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:29 pm
Hi Canadian,
1/ yes you're right comprehensive sickness insurance it's required only if your spouse is student or self-sufficient ( EU regulation 2016).
2/ private sickness insurance even in France is not required to apply for French residency card as family member of eu citizen if your husband is a worker or self-employed ( directive 2004/38).
3/ you should stop your private sickness insurance because your spouse is self employed in the UK and even if your spouse is student or self sufficient in the UK, you will have to get a new private sickness insurance that covers you in the UK.
I hope I've helped 😉
Thanks @Boo, so far we've kept it as it covers us for travel as well (up to French health tarifs, even outside France) and also my thought is that if for whatever reason they don't give me my pre-settled status - I'll have to go back to France, at least for a while, until we move the entire family (British husband and British-Canadian children) to Canada... but yes maybe I should stop it.

A Canadian
Canada

Post by A Canadian » Mon May 04, 2020 1:01 pm

Raja0007 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:16 am
Hi , this topic is related to EU settlement scheme for surinder singh applications. British citizen must be a qualified person if you are applying under EU regulations 2016(Worker, Self Employed, Student (with CSI cover) or Self sufficient(CSI Cover).

But Under EU settlement scheme you do not need to be a qualified person , you only need to prove your residence in the UK. Therefore there is no CSI cover required if British citizen is student or Self sufficient. I hope senior boarder members will correct me if I am wrong.
@Raja0007 I think you are somewhat wrong, simply because in these new regulations there's a section 10 that specifies the need for CSI... :( I don't remember having a special section about it in the old regulations, although there was definitely a mention of it under some conditions - maybe student and/or self sufficient, I don't remember, but now it seems to say specifically that it is needed in some cases - here it is copied and pasted:

"Comprehensive sickness insurance
If the British citizen is seeking to satisfy the conditions for being a qualified person as
a self-sufficient person or student in the UK, the family member or extended family
member must hold comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI) to cover themselves
and any other family members (for example children), but this does not need to
extend to the British citizen. For further guidance on CSI see: the comprehensive
sickness insurance section of the Qualified persons guidance."

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Tue May 05, 2020 7:09 am

Hi everyone,
On the 11th of March 2020 the upper tribunal decided that there is no need for the British citizen to be qualified in the UK after returning from an EU country ( while using surrender sighn route).
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/surinde ... ed-person/
I hope everyone get the final decision soon🙂

A Canadian
Canada

Post by A Canadian » Tue May 05, 2020 8:58 am

Boo47 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:09 am
Hi everyone,
On the 11th of March 2020 the upper tribunal decided that there is no need for the British citizen to be qualified in the UK after returning from an EU country ( while using surrender sighn route).
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/surinde ... ed-person/
I hope everyone get the final decision soon🙂
That's very good news, so I guess this is after the March guidance was published. Thanks for sharing @Boo47!! :D

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:27 pm

You're welcome Canadian,
I hope this situation will end soon🙂

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Sat May 16, 2020 10:58 pm

I contacted EU resolution Centre this morning and asked to send me an Surinder singh application form for Settlement Status (ILR) for my my spouse, she had residence card and she approach to 5 years here in the UK.
the form will arrive by post few days.

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Sun May 17, 2020 10:45 pm

we ( me British citizen & Partner Non EU ) lived together with 2 children in AUSTRIA for more than 3 months in 2015.
returned back all to the UK November 2015, she had stamped EEA six months on border later she granted UK residence Card expire 06/2021.
11/2020 we will be here in the UK 5 years exactly so when we get the Form we will apply for settled status ILR if no pre settled will grant and will easy switching to settled status in November 2020.

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:09 am

Hi,
I just want to update you guys about my NI number application, in February I attended an interview at the job center, so they asked for my mariage certificate, proof of adress and the certificate of application, the last thing the interviewer asked me why do you need an Ni number I said because I'm looking for a job and to pay taxes, I showed a job offer and my CV as well but he didn't want to read or take them, he wrote something on the application form, I think the observation he wrote very important for the success of the application.
Also, I told him that employers don't accept workers without NI number, she gave me a letter on my name which clarify to employers that by law they should accept people without NI number if they have the right to work.
Anyways, after 8 weeks I didn't hear from them, I called they said all applications are on hold because of corona virus, and this week finally I received my NI number.
N.B: this is my second application because the first time I applied for the NI number i only had the stamp on my passport ( admitted to the UK under eu regulation 2016) and the EEA residence card ( which the interviewer didn't want to take it) so I got refused, but now with certificate of application I got it.
I hope my experience will be helpful for you guys😉

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:38 am

Hi,
I forgot to say that I called EU resolution center they said caseworkers are working from home now, anyways in my case it's been three months since I submitted my biometric.
For the certificate of application in surrender sign cases it's not short or long, but they said it's standard, because as I received my NI number I asker her if I can work with this COA, she said you may have the right to work but you have to check on the website gov right to work.
Anyways let's just wait and see, especially now with coronavirus the process will be long.
This is my update guys
Stay safe.

A Canadian
Canada

Post by A Canadian » Tue May 19, 2020 1:17 pm

@boo47 great news on your NI number, was well worth the wait :)

It may actually help your application now that you have it. On my Suridner Singh forms (which are customized I guess) I had a question about my NI number with a comment that it might help speed up the process if I have one (I do, and included it, but it has been 4 months since biometrics for me now, so....)

Did you inform the EU settlement people that you now have a NI number? They can (and should) inform your case worker.
Last edited by A Canadian on Tue May 19, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A Canadian
Canada

Post by A Canadian » Tue May 19, 2020 1:20 pm

ps Boo47@ I am working and paying taxes here with my NI number so.. I would think there's no reason why you won't be able to?

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Tue May 19, 2020 4:14 pm

Thank you Canadian,
Yes finally I got it 😀
Of course I called the eu resolution center and i gave them my NI number, I hope it will speed up my application.
Oh yes you're right when you mentioned that I have the right to work because obviously the Ni number application is based on two conditions to be successful: applicant must show his identity and right to work.
Thank you again for the explications you gave me while I was waiting for my NI number🙂
Stay safe and have a good day.

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Wed May 20, 2020 11:14 pm

today Wednesday 21 May 2020 My Partner received Surinder Singh application form, we ordered on Saturday 16 May 2020 took 5 days. it is 62 pages most of them not relevant if you have UKRC, but she has not yet completed 5 years, another 5 months need to wait.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed May 20, 2020 11:21 pm

Have they started accepting paper applications again?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Thu May 21, 2020 6:15 pm

I assume starting accepting application forms, Yesterday we received a Surinder Singh application sent from Liverpool 62 pages with 2 pages extra covering letter, actually i am not going to submit till October 2020, will be 5 years continuous living together in the UK.

nol
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by nol » Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 am

Obie wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:49 pm
Only once a decision is made, will a paper applicant be able to access a status online.

If a status is not showing online, then it means a decision has not been reached.

Just a bit of update for an application I made on behalf of a Surinder Singh applicant.

Application lodged on 25th September 2019.

BIOMETRIC ENROLLED ON THE 18th October 2019.

Strongly worded complaint and JR threat lodged on 7th March 2020.

Status issued 11-03-2020, accompanied by an apology for delay.

Status can be viewed online.
Hi Obie,

I would like to raise a formal complaint against the HO and possibly open a Judicial Review. I was checking the form, and there is field that asks if you have notified the other party, in this case is the HO.

Would it be ok for you to share the complaint you raised with the HO and JR threat?

I've been waiting for over 8 months, and they are still saying my application is under consideration. I also contacted my MP, but nothing happened.

I will appreciate your help.

A Canadian
Canada

Post by A Canadian » Sat May 23, 2020 12:51 pm

Following, it is only 5 months for me since biometrics but looks like it might be much longer... I thought that EU law limits timing for reply to 6 months?

Islandson
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Islandson » Sun May 24, 2020 8:41 am

nol wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 am
Obie wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:49 pm
Only once a decision is made, will a paper applicant be able to access a status online.

If a status is not showing online, then it means a decision has not been reached.

Just a bit of update for an application I made on behalf of a Surinder Singh applicant.

Application lodged on 25th September 2019.

BIOMETRIC ENROLLED ON THE 18th October 2019.

Strongly worded complaint and JR threat lodged on 7th March 2020.

Status issued 11-03-2020, accompanied by an apology for delay.

Status can be viewed online.
Hi Obie,

I would like to raise a formal complaint against the HO and possibly open a Judicial Review. I was checking the form, and there is field that asks if you have notified the other party, in this case is the HO.

Would it be ok for you to share the complaint you raised with the HO and JR threat?

I've been waiting for over 8 months, and they are still saying my application is under consideration. I also contacted my MP, but nothing happened.

I will appreciate your help.
Hi Obie,

I too would be grateful if you can provide us with a similar service. We have been awaiting a decision since 08.12.19.

Many thanks..

Raja0007
Newly Registered

Post by Raja0007 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:52 pm

Hi , just a small update regarding my friend's application which he applied in October last year. Every time he tried to view his status online he used to see the following message,
'Sorry these details do not melt our records'. But today when he checked his status it gave him an option to send a code on his phone or email. When he entered that code then he happened to view the following message.

'Sorry we can not find your status.
This might be your application is still under progress etc'.

He is absolutely worried because of this of this because he fears his application may have been refuse because he thinks his application has been in progress since October 2019 why didnt 'application is under progpress message showed before.

Could I ask other members of this topic please whose application is under progress would you please try and view your status online and post your experience here that what kinda message you can view online. Bundle of thanks.

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Mon May 25, 2020 4:31 am

Hi Rajaa 007,
Check this link below:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 85978.html

Read the comment made by askmeplz82, I think it's very similar to what happened to your friend.
Apparently there are two messages shown online:
1/ the details entered don't match our records; OR
2/ your application is under consideration
So ulntil your friend's application gets approved he will see his status online. Just keep calm and wait, or he can call EU resolution center they will tell him exactly what happened, Anyways I think he will hear from them soon as they sent him the code.
However, for me now it's been almost 4 months since I submitted my biometrics, always when I entered my details online it says: - the details entered don't match our records -
Good luck to everyone.

mkhan2525

Post by mkhan2525 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:35 pm

They don't always update the status online even if the application has been approved. When my wife received her pre-settled status in February this year there was no record online I had to ring the EU settlement helpline to correct it. Her status was added a week later.

This isn't much of an issue for now but would have been if she tried to re-enter the country after the transition period since they do not issue a new document reflecting pre-settled status if you hold a valid EEA residence card.

Raja0007
Newly Registered

Post by Raja0007 » Tue May 26, 2020 12:07 pm

Thank You guys.

adinaedri

Post by adinaedri » Wed May 27, 2020 11:18 am

Hi, another surinder singh applicant here :)

We (I am BC, partner is non-eu) came back mid 2016 on SS Route.
I read the threads and it looks like he needs to apply for a pre-settled status

Did anyone ask for (and receive) the paper forms lately? How long did it take the HO to post it to you?

Cheers

A Canadian
Canada

Post by A Canadian » Wed May 27, 2020 2:20 pm

I asked for them over the phone in early November and took them 4 weeks to get to me... but maybe others had better luck more recently!

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Wed May 27, 2020 11:41 pm

adinaedri wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:18 am
Hi, another surinder singh applicant here :)

We (I am BC, partner is non-eu) came back mid 2016 on Surinder Singh route Route.
I read the threads and it looks like he needs to apply for a pre-settled status

Did anyone ask for (and receive) the paper forms lately? How long did it take the HO to post it to you?

Cheers
last week i got the form will take 3-4 working days to arrive. 62 pages