ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office back to work

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shalina23
Newly Registered
Mood:

Home office called

Post by Shalina23 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:55 pm

Good afternoon I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone could help me out please the home office called me and my employer today in regards to the spouse visa for my husband, the guy asked about my employment etc.. I was wondering after how long would I be able to find out what my decision is

Kindest Regards

geoeng
Canada

Re: Home office called

Post by geoeng » Wed May 06, 2020 2:06 pm

Shalina23 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:55 pm
I was wondering after how long would I be able to find out what my decision is
It takes as long as it takes for them to make a decision. Unfortunately there's no real set timeline for when things will happen or decisions will be made. If nothing else, it sounds like some progress is being made, which is always a good thing.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Thu May 07, 2020 4:50 am

Shalina23 wrote:
Good afternoon I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone could help me out please the home office called me and my employer today in regards to the spouse visa for my husband, the guy asked about my employment etc.. I was wondering after how long would I be able to find out what my decision is

Kindest Regards

Hi

Did you apply outside UK ? I mean Spouse visa or FLM R. Which country did you apply from ?

Thanks

Shalina23
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Shalina23 » Thu May 07, 2020 9:57 am

I applied for my husband here he is currently aboard and lives there

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:16 am

Shalina23 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:57 am
I applied for my husband here he is currently aboard and lives there
When your husband gave biometric? I means it is Spouse entry clearance visa from abroad.

Thanks

Shalina23
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Shalina23 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:17 am

18 march

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Thu May 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Shalina23 wrote:

Kindest Regards
Looks like they are still processing the applications, did my bio's on 13 March and i had an email on Monday from TLS application put on hold awaiting conclusion. Someone told me the email is sent to you when DMC forwards the decision back to VAC, but since they are closed they hold it till they open.
Decision timelines looks very similar unfortunately we can't know the decision till VAC opens.

Shalina23
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Shalina23 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi yes my one was on the 18th I payed priority, I am so nervous about what's happening now as it's just delayed again and again..

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Thu May 07, 2020 12:15 pm

Shalina23 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:04 pm
Hi yes my one was on the 18th I payed priority, I am so nervous about what's happening now as it's just delayed again and again..
I wouldn't worry honestly. I would think the delay is attributed to lockdown. Obviously if they needed to contact your employer they wouldn't have done so few weeks ago as most businesses were shut, but now most are open so they had a chance to contact them.
Don't stress yourself. Like i said even if a decision is made you won't know until VAC's open. Let's hope Boris will lift the lockdown to kickstart them opening.

Shalina23
Newly Registered
Mood:

Home office back to work

Post by Shalina23 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:22 pm

Good afternoon

I was wondering if someone could help me out due to the fact that people are returning back to work today in the uk does that mean the home office are resuming their office too? I applied for my husband's spouse application on 18th March on priority I didn't get anything back till the first and 6th May where they contacted me and my employer.

I was wondering when would it be most likely I would get my decision back ?

Kindest regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Home office back to work

Post by CR001 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:27 pm

Topics merged. Please keep your queries in one topic!?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed May 13, 2020 3:30 pm

Shalina23 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:22 pm
Good afternoon

I was wondering if someone could help me out due to the fact that people are returning back to work today in the uk does that mean the home office are resuming their office too? I applied for my husband's spouse application on 18th March on priority I didn't get anything back till the first and 6th May where they contacted me and my employer.

I was wondering when would it be most likely I would get my decision back ?

Kindest regards
Not everyone gets contacted by UKVI. Expect long delays due to hefty backlog of unresolved cases lodged prior to yours.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Shalina23
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Shalina23 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi I am new to this site so I didn't know whether I had to start new or merge sorry about that

I was just asking the question as maybe seniors to me would know. Thank you for your answers

Shalina23
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Shalina23 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:45 pm

Has anyone had repeat interview call from h o they rang again today to take the interview however i told them it took place already the guy said it's fine not to worry but I am not sure now did I do the right thing?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu May 14, 2020 3:07 pm

Shalina23 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 1:45 pm
Has anyone had repeat interview call from h o they rang again today to take the interview however i told them it took place already the guy said it's fine not to worry but I am not sure now did I do the right thing?
Maybe it wasn't the appropriate answer rather you should still have shown him your readiness of being interviewed as they might still want to speak with you.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.