ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cash Savings

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

paru.org
India

spouse visa extension

Post by paru.org » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:24 pm

Hi
My wife was granted initial 2.5 yr visa which is expiring on 08/2020.
I am minicab driver, and she don't work, can i get it extended as sole trader or do i have to start a salaried job, last time i was on salaried job but not any more.
If i show my annual accounts of just last 1 year till 06.04.2020 earning £18,600 profit and pay tax on that, will that be enough?

Please can some one help.
#much appreciated

paru.org
India

Spouse visa Extension

Post by paru.org » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:07 pm

<<sorry admins, tried to edit my other post but couldn't find any option to do so, so you can delete other one pls>>
Hi
I am minicab driver, and she don't work, can i get it extended as sole trader ?
Also i work part time as security officer where my gross for this tax year till 10/03/2020 is £12k,

If i show my annual accounts of just last 1 year till 06.04.2020 earning £18,600 profit and pay tax on that, will that be enough?
or can i combine my part time security job and mini cab job?

i read the guidance but its v complicated..

Please can some one help.
#much appreciated

geoeng
Canada

Re: spouse visa extension

Post by geoeng » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:44 am

paru.org wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:24 pm
Hi
I am minicab driver, and she don't work, can i get it extended as sole trader or do i have to start a salaried job, last time i was on salaried job but not any more.
You can use income from self-employment as a sole trader to meet the financial requirement and it will be based on the income received in the last full financial year prior to the application date (which you seem to be aware of already). You will also have to supply evidence of ongoing self-employment at the application date. You will have to provide all of the necessary supporting evidence outlined in Section 9.6 from page 64 of the guidance document linked below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

paru.org
India

Re: Spouse visa Extension

Post by paru.org » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:34 pm

Hi Geoong,

thanks for response,

Also i work part time as security officer where my gross for this tax year till 10/03/2020 is £12k,

so can i combine that 12k plus rest self employment income to make it upto 18k?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:12 pm

paru.org wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:34 pm
Yes you can. You can combine the two sources of income, but only the amounts that fall within the period covered by the financial year for your self-employment.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:32 am

geoeng wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:12 pm
paru.org wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:34 pm
Yes you can. You can combine the two sources of income, but only the amounts that fall within the period covered by the financial year for your self-employment.
Moreover, your part time job must be ongoing at the time of application and evidence will be needed for that.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:39 am

Hi Seagul,

Thank you for response.

it means, i just need to have SA302 for tax year april2019-april2020 having details of total as £18600 which consists of £12k partime employent income and £6k of self employment income.?

and yes proof of ongoing self employment and other part time job.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:17 pm

9.6. Sole trader, partner or franchise – specified evidence

9.6.1. The evidence required to demonstrate income from self-employment is specified in
Appendix FM-SE:
7. In respect of self-employment in the UK as a partner, as a sole trader or in a
franchise, all of the following must be provided:
(a) Evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the last full financial year.
(b) The following documents for the last full financial year, or for the last two such years
(where those documents show the necessary level of gross profit as an average of
those two years):
(i) Annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC (a copy or print-out);
(ii) Statement of Account (SA300 or SA302).
(c) Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed if available.
(d) Each partner's Unique Tax Reference Number (UTR) and/or the UTR of the
partnership or business.
(e) Where the person holds or held a separate business bank account(s), bank
statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s).
(f) Personal bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s) showing
that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account in the name of
the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(g) Evidence of ongoing self-employment through the provision of at least one of the
following: a bank statement dated no more than three months earlier than the date of
application showing transactions relating to ongoing trading, or evidence dated no
more than three months earlier than the date of application of the renewal of a
licence to trade or of ongoing payment of business rates, business-related insurance
premiums, employer National Insurance contributions or franchise payments to the
parent company.
(h) One of the following documents must also be submitted:
(i) (aa) If the business is required to produce annual audited accounts, such accounts
for the last full financial year; or
(bb) If the business is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited
accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation,
from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined
in the Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial
Accountants;
(ii) A certificate of VAT registration and the VAT return for the last full financial year (a
copy or print-out) confirming the VAT registration number, if turnover is in excess of
£79,000 or was in excess of the threshold which applied during the last full financial
year;
(iii) Evidence to show appropriate planning permission or local planning authority
consent is held to operate the type/class of business at the trading address (where
this is a local authority requirement); or
(iv) A franchise agreement signed by both parties.
(i) The document referred to in paragraph 7(h)(iv) must be provided if the organisation is
a franchise.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

paru.org
India

Flr(m) extension income query P60

Post by paru.org » Thu May 07, 2020 7:39 pm

Dear All,

I am with same employer from june 2017 , my most recent 6 payslips will satisfy the income requirement(till july 2020) but my last p60 tax year ending april 2020 didn’t had £18,600 on it rather £12,800.

My question is : do I need to send them P60 or just last 6 payslips enough?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Flr(m) extension income query P60

Post by CR001 » Thu May 07, 2020 7:59 pm

paru.org wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:39 pm
Dear All,

I am with same employer from june 2017 , my most recent 6 payslips will satisfy the income requirement(till july 2020) but my last p60 tax year ending april 2020 didn’t had £18,600 on it rather £12,800.

Thanks
Topics merged!!

You previously stated you were self employed. Substantially more evidence is required as already advised in march.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Thu May 07, 2020 8:14 pm

previously i was doing this job part time but now m doing it full time to keep the application simple so.

my most recent 6 payslips will satisfy the income requirement(till july 2020) but my last p60 tax year ending april 2020 didn’t had £18,600 on it rather £12,800.

My question is : do I need to send them P60 or
just last 6 payslips enough(but my april 2020 payslip will show the amount i earned in previous yr though)?
Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 07, 2020 8:18 pm

paru.org wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:39 pm
Dear All,

Thanks
Based on what you wrote above, previous 6months pay slips will suffice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu May 07, 2020 8:52 pm

paru.org wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:14 pm
but my last p60 tax year ending april 2020 didn’t had £18,600 on it rather £12,800.
That is why I never recommended to attach p60. According to a member the checklist still ask it which in my opinion should only be supplied if the application is not moving forward but a covering letter shouldn't be forgotten to attach requesting to only focus on payslips.

paru.org
India

expired passport Flr(m)

Post by paru.org » Sat May 09, 2020 1:12 am

Hi

My wife's flr(m) extension due in aug 2020 but just noticed that her indian passport expired on sept/2019,
does she need a valid indian passport to apply for Flr(m) ?

Also, now whole process is online, so do we don't have to send BRP and passports to HO?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: expired passport Flr(m)

Post by AmazonianX » Sat May 09, 2020 6:20 am

paru.org wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:12 am
Hi

My wife's flr(m) extension due in aug 2020 but just noticed that her indian passport expired on sept/2019,
does she need a valid indian passport to apply for Flr(m) ?

Also, now whole process is online, so do we don't have to send BRP and passports to HO?
Definitely she needs to have a valid passport. If she is not stateless how else will she tender evidence of her nationality?
Yes, no sending of physical documents/originals to HO. Scanning and upload online; either self or through UKVCAS

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat May 09, 2020 4:21 pm

Are they able to renew it before the expiry of the visa or provide alternative documents as highlighted below?
Information you must provide
You’ll need to have information and some evidence ready when you make your application. Include information for you and any dependants applying at the same time.

You’ll need to provide:

all your names
your date of birth
your current passport or other valid travel ID
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Sun May 10, 2020 7:50 pm

she don't have anyother travel ID

for now, all VFS centres are closed but whenever they will open they will be having backlogs and a lot of new aplications so not sure we will be able to renew ontime?

any other option?

paru.org
India

Cash Savings

Post by paru.org » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:45 am

Hi

If we are showing part of income as cash saving maintained for 6 months, do we need to show the source of funds also or just 6 months of statements fine?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Cash Savings

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:43 am

paru.org wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:45 am
Hi

If we are showing part of income as cash saving maintained for 6 months, do we need to show the source of funds also or just 6 months of statements fine?
Did you have any short fall in income calculation thereby need to meet up with cash savings? If yes,
the 6 months of statements and declaration of the source of funds.