ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fresh Talent to Dependant Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ha36736
Newly Registered

Fresh Talent to Dependant Visa

Post by ha36736 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:35 am

Hello,

Currently I am under fresh talent,scotland visa (currently working in UK) and my visa is expiring Jan 2009. My husband is currently under student visa (We married beginning of this year) and his visa is expering Oct 2008.
Since both of us want to apply under one scheme he is applying for PSW and I am hoping to apply as his dependant.

My question is, can I switch from fresh talent to PSW dependant visa? If so do I want to go back to my home country and want to submit separate application?

Since my husband is still looking for a job is that a problem to my dependant visa application. (He graduated July 2008)

thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:57 pm

You cannot change visa status to dependent from within the UK. See Tier 1 (PSW) - Switching into the dependents route

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ha36736
Newly Registered

Post by ha36736 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:35 am

Thanks, other than that please advise me how much money we want to show?
Is that money want to be in my Husband account or if it is in my account is it ok?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:45 am

ha36736 wrote:Thanks, other than that please advise me how much money we want to show?
Is that money want to be in my Husband account or if it is in my account is it ok?
See Maintenance (funds) and Dependents' maintenance

It will be in your best interest to read the Tier 1 (PSW) policy guidance and Tier 1 (dependent) policy guidance *carefully*.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!