ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family/ private route 10 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bil1234
Newly Registered

family/ private route 10 years

Post by bil1234 » Fri May 08, 2020 8:45 pm

hi

my wife entered uk in june 2012.

on a 2 year settlement Visa.

she failed her life in the UK test so we applied for a two year extension and was automatically put on a 10 year family/private route.

The 2.5 year extension Visa started November 2014

Do I apply for indefinite leave to remain in June 2022 when she first entered the country or November 2024 when she first got her 30 month extension????

kind regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: family/ private route 10 years

Post by seagul » Fri May 08, 2020 8:53 pm

bil1234 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:45 pm
hi

my wife entered uk in june 2012.

on a 2 year settlement Visa.

she failed her life in the UK test so we applied for a two year extension and was automatically put on a 10 year family/private route.

The 2.5 year extension Visa started November 2014

Do I apply for indefinite leave to remain in June 2022 when she first entered the country or November 2024 when she first got her 30 month extension????

kind regards
She may apply ILR in June 2022 under 10 years of long residence route provided her continuous residence won't have been broken.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vinny

Re: family/ private route 10 years

Post by vinny » Fri May 08, 2020 11:50 pm

Why did they put her on the 10-year route? Did she apply for ILR or an extension? Life in the UK is only required for ILR, not extensions.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.