ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-2020 Document Checklist.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

msjtargaryn
Newly Registered
India

ILR-2020 Document Checklist.

Post by msjtargaryn » Sat May 09, 2020 2:38 pm

Hi All,
I am about to apply for my ILR soon - depends when we reopen after the lockdown. I have been reading quite a lot online including this forum that as part of the ones' ILR application, one needs to submit an absence letter from employer(s) for whom I have worked in the UK which certifies when and for how long I have been outside the UK. However, when I partly filled my Set(O) online form (Tier-2 General 5 year route), downloaded the PDF file of the application, I did not come across any such requirement under the Documents section with sub-heading "Other Documents". My understanding from "Other Documents" is that they are in addition to English language proof and Life In the UK test results, which are not mentioned in the PDF file. What exactly is under "Other Documents" (in the PDF file) are the following:
1. Declaration giving Home Office to request further verification.
2. All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK (I think these passports are sufficient to show when and where I've been outside the UK during my 5-year stay. Absence letters are simply redundant.).
3. Most recent payslip.
4. A document from the sponsor who issued the certificate of sponsorship that led to your last permission to stay as a Tier 2 migrant confirming that you are ....(my current employer certifies my salary, I am still needed on the job, among others).

That's it!

I was wondering if anyone who has successfully applied for ILR Set(O) (Tier-2, 5-year route) recently submitted only the documents mentioned above?