ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Out side the rules application spouse

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Uzzi
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa for over stayer

Post by Uzzi » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:08 pm

Dear Friends,I thank all of you in advance for any help and advice you will provide!

I came to UK 2011,I have had long immigration history,I have applied for leave to remain on many occasions which has been refused,at one stage I lost all my options and became an over-stayer in the country for couple of years.

Coming to main point... I married to British Citizen in Nov 2018( it was Islamic marriage) then I applied for spouse visa,My question is what if my British spouse wants to register the marriage with council will it benefit my case in any way? will there be any obstacles for me from home office?

What are the chances my application will be granted in current circumstances of immigration rules.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa for over stayer

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:37 pm

Coming to main point... I married to British Citizen in Nov 2018( it was Islamic marriage) then I applied for spouse visa,
You are therefore not married and will be viewed as an unmarried partner.
My question is what if my British spouse wants to register the marriage with council will it benefit my case in any way?
To marry in the UK, you both have to give 28 days notice at an HO approved Registry office. The Registry office then informs HO and this notice period can be extended to 70 days for HO to investigate and/or interview each of you separately. You will only be able to marry once HO gives approval for you to marry.
will there be any obstacles for me from home office?
Having made a number of applications to stay in the UK and overstaying, your chances are probably slim. Why can't you return home to apply?
What are the chances my application will be granted in current circumstances of immigration rules.
Probably not good.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Uzzi
Newly Registered

Out side the rules application spouse

Post by Uzzi » Sun May 10, 2020 12:39 am

Dear members,

I came to UK 2011,I have had long immigration history,I have applied for leave to remain on many occasions which has been refused,at one stage I lost all my options and became an over-stayer in the country for couple of years.

Coming to main point... I married to British Citizen in Nov 2018( it was Islamic marriage) then I applied for spouse visa in February 2019 it was an out of the rules application, recently home office sent us back our marriage photos and asked for some additional documents which we provided,

It’s been 15 months since I applied, my question is what are the chances I be granted stay.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Out side the rules application spouse

Post by CR001 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:12 am

Topics merged.

As already advised, you are not considered married as an islamic marriage conducted in the UK is not recognised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun May 10, 2020 10:21 am

With this brute-force technique, you are just going to see your life passing without achieving anything. With time, you may even see people who came well after you getting citizenship while you are you are unable to open a bank account or drive a car.

The Home Office is not a fast food restaurant. You cannot have it your way and ask for more mayo and less onions!

Nikah is not a marriage in the UK. It's a private arrangement. You will never make it a marriage and open the rights associated with a marriage.

Time is not playing on your favour. You have less rights than someone who arrived with a visa yesterday.

If your wife works and earns more than £18600/y, go home and apply for a spouse visa from there. It may seem counter intuitive, but that route has more chances to get you cleanly back in the UK than what you are trying now.

And if it doesn't work, try another country but read the rules first.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon May 11, 2020 8:15 am

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.