ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COVID T1E relaxed extension requirements

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thaicharoens
Newly Registered

COVID T1E relaxed extension requirements

Post by thaicharoens » Sat May 09, 2020 5:04 pm

Hi all, just sharing what I found from the latest HO update on the COVID situation for visa holders here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

Seems like that have relaxed the requirements for extension.
If you are on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa and your business has been disrupted
You no longer need to employ at least 2 people for 12 consecutive months each. The 12 month period you are required to employ someone for can be made up of multiple jobs across different months.

Time when your employees were furloughed will not count towards the 12 month period.

If you have not been able to employ staff for 12 months in total by the time your visa expires, you will be allowed to temporarily extend your stay to give you time to meet the requirement.

These arrangements will continue for applications made after 31 May 2020, where the jobs you are relying on were disrupted due to COVID-19.

zimba
Mood:

Re: COVID T1E relaxed extension requirements

Post by zimba » Sun May 10, 2020 1:55 am

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/impact-due ... l#p1893738
Already covered in the relevant post a month ago.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice