ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

BGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by BGB » Fri May 08, 2020 5:47 pm

AlexBTS wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:24 pm
BGB wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:42 pm
I’ve been in UK since I was almost 3 I am soon to be 24, I have applied for EU settlement as a NON EU Family Member through a family member my sister who is European.
What nationality do you have? Why do you think you need to apply for EU settlement scheme?
I’m Congolese.
And I’m eligible to apply because all my family are European/British & I have been in the UK for the majority of my life

jbeansss
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jbeansss » Sat May 09, 2020 11:43 am

Hey guys,

I have submitted my EU settlement application last week and have a few questions so really appreciate your replies if you have any idea.

My boyfriend is an EU national, he has been in the UK for around 7 years, and left the country for 1 year in between. When he first applied the scheme he was asked to provide more info on continuous residency/proof of residency in the missing period of time (the 1 year). He submitted a continuous 5 years work proof from his employer around early April in response to the caseworker's email.

While for me, I have been in the UK for more than 5 years, it is me and my boyfriend 5th year together as a couple while we only live together for over 2 years. So I submitted my application with:
-our tenant contracts
-our bank statement to us with same address, council tax bill with joint name and 2 more official letter to us with same address
- we don't have a joint account so to show share finance I submitted our money transfer for rent & bills and large grocery purchase for the house
- photos from the past 5 years with different life events & flight ticket from our recent trip

My question is:
1. If the application go through, how likely they will grant me a settled status as I have been in the UK for the past 5 years? Are they counting the 'unmarried partner' only if we have been living together for 5 years?

2.I have submitted my application end of April and obviously the UKCAS office for biometrics appointment is not opened as stated on the website, I have write above and other page they are taking phone calls and reopen the office, any idea if they will take new appointment or just for inquiry to existing appointments?

Thanks a million, for your time to read through even if you are not sure the answers and appreciate a lot if you can share some insights. x

asadaqeel
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by asadaqeel » Sat May 09, 2020 2:35 pm

Nasara1 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:55 pm
asadaqeel wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:10 am
Nasara1 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:31 pm
asadaqeel wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:30 am

I applied on the 4th.Did my biometric on the 9th and got my COA on the 19th.I’ve been waiting for it since.I called them several times sent them email twice.Still heard nothing From them.I applied based on retained right.

Hi Nasara,
Please can you advise on your time line and case ?
I am waiting from 20 June.

Thanks
Yes .We divorced before I submitted my application.Documents included were my divorce certificate,bills bank statements for the three years that I lived with my ex-wife and an expired passport copy of hers.

Hi Nasara, are you divorced ? What documents did you provide them ? I applied as a seperated partner. I couldnt provide me ex valid id.

Thanks

Hi Nasara,

Did you hear anything about your application ? Any update ?

Thanks
Asad

BGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BGB » Sat May 09, 2020 3:35 pm

A lady from the home office finally contacted me about my issue of not being able to upload my evidence to show my relationship with my family member (my sister) I was finally able to upload my documents such as, our birth certificates as we have the same dad, bills and letters addressed to both of us and separately to show that we have and still live in the same house, our parents tax credit, child benefit & HMRC letters with our names on them as their children. I uploaded her British passport as her ID evidence & her NI letter as residency evidence. I have received an email stating that they will email me with my status when they have processed my application, but I still need to do my biometrics which of course I cannot do at the moment, so what’s the next step? When will I receive a COA? Thank you once again in advanced.

BGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BGB » Sat May 09, 2020 6:17 pm

Hey guys,
Another quick question, since I am applying through my sister who has both Dual French & British nationality & it stated that I need to show dependency from her, so my question is can I show water & gas bills with both of your names on them as proof that we live in the same household? We have always lived together since I was 3 years old and we have other documents such as our parents tax credit & housing benefits amongst other stuff, with both our names on them, but our most recent proof of living together is our water/glass bill would that be enough to proof dependency?

AlexBTS
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by AlexBTS » Sat May 09, 2020 7:04 pm

BGB wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:47 pm
I’m Congolese.
And I’m eligible to apply because all my family are European/British & I have been in the UK for the majority of my life
From UK standpoint your sister is British, not European. You are not eligible for EU Settlement Scheme.

BGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BGB » Sat May 09, 2020 8:37 pm

AlexBTS wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 7:04 pm
BGB wrote:
I’m Congolese.
From UK standpoint your sister is British, not European. You are not eligible for EU Settlement Scheme.
But my sister has dual nationality, she’s British and French so I can apply through her french nationality no?

BGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BGB » Sat May 09, 2020 8:45 pm

BGB wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:37 pm
AlexBTS wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 7:04 pm
BGB wrote:
I’m Congolese.
I checked online I am eligible because my sister has dual nationality French & British. She received french nationality from birth as her mum is french, and received her British one about only two years ago.
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/quick-q ... nationals/ Here’s a link explaining why I’m still eligible.

Misfits
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Misfits » Sun May 10, 2020 12:09 am

Hi BGN ,

Your sister was born in England?

BGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BGB » Sun May 10, 2020 7:48 am

Misfits wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:09 am
Hi BGN ,

Hello,
Yes she was, but she was given a French passport from birth, because neither one of her parents were British she only received her British passport 2 years ago therefore she now has dual.

Ugosonic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ugosonic » Sun May 10, 2020 4:23 pm

jbeansss wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:43 am
Hey guys,

I have submitted my EU settlement application last week and have a few questions so really appreciate your replies if you have any idea.

My boyfriend is an EU national, he has been in the UK for around 7 years, and left the country for 1 year in between. When he first applied the scheme he was asked to provide more info on continuous residency/proof of residency in the missing period of time (the 1 year). He submitted a continuous 5 years work proof from his employer around early April in response to the caseworker's email.

While for me, I have been in the UK for more than 5 years, it is me and my boyfriend 5th year together as a couple while we only live together for over 2 years. So I submitted my application with:
-our tenant contracts
-our bank statement to us with same address, council tax bill with joint name and 2 more official letter to us with same address
- we don't have a joint account so to show share finance I submitted our money transfer for rent & bills and large grocery purchase for the house
- photos from the past 5 years with different life events & flight ticket from our recent trip

My question is:
1. If the application go through, how likely they will grant me a settled status as I have been in the UK for the past 5 years? Are they counting the 'unmarried partner' only if we have been living together for 5 years?

2.I have submitted my application end of April and obviously the UKCAS office for biometrics appointment is not opened as stated on the website, I have write above and other page they are taking phone calls and reopen the office, any idea if they will take new appointment or just for inquiry to existing appointments?

Thanks a million, for your time to read through even if you are not sure the answers and appreciate a lot if you can share some insights. x

Before I could answer your question, I have to get something clear. While you were living in uk with him, what exactly did you submit to show that you qualify for eu settlement scheme? Was it a passport or a resident card? And if it was a resident card, was it issued to you in his name?

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Sun May 10, 2020 10:44 pm

Yes you should be fine. I have done the same with my wife. She is Polish and got British nationality last year and I was still able to apply as she is my sponsor and got the paper work last month

quote=BGB post_id=1898137 time=1589096938 user_id=235489]
Misfits wrote:
Hi BGN ,

Hello,
Yes she was, but she was given a French passport from birth, because neither one of her parents were British she only received her British passport 2 years ago therefore she now has dual.
[/quote]

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Sun May 10, 2020 10:47 pm

Yes this is true. My application took 11 months as my relationship with my wife wasn’t know. Tk the UKBA
monik175 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:47 pm
Hi Guys,

I am EEA and brought my Non-EEA mum on a EU Settlement Scheme FP. We applied for her pre-settled status and this is our time line:

Submitted application online: 31st Jan 2020
Biometrics appointment: 3rd Feb 2020
CoA received by email: 22nd Apr 2020
Final decision: Still waiting...

I have heard if the relationship to the EEA is not know to the home office it takes longer. Is that true ? Does that mean our application will take longer to be processed?

Has anyone applied for pre-settled status for dependant parents that can share their ?

jbeansss
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jbeansss » Sun May 10, 2020 11:27 pm

Ugosonic wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 4:23 pm
jbeansss wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:43 am
Hey guys,

-our tenant contracts

My question is:

Before I could answer your question, I have to get something clear. While you were living in uk with him, what exactly did you submit to show that you qualify for eu settlement scheme? Was it a passport or a resident card? And if it was a resident card, was it issued to you in his name?

Thank you for your reply!
I submitted my resident card, however not issued to me in my boyfriend's name but my Tier 5 youth visa.
I just read through more info and realised I might need a EEA Residence Card first... that will be a disappointment but I guess still DO-able ..

Throughout the application there were no mention of this, I now submitted the application and they already asked me to book biometrics - so I am guessing they just let people to apply anyway and they will refuse the application?

Please let me know.

BGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BGB » Mon May 11, 2020 6:45 am

MuhammadM86 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:44 pm
Yes you should be fine. I have done the same with my wife. She is Polish and got British nationality last year and I was still able to apply as she is my sponsor and got the paper work last month

quote=BGB post_id=1898137 time=1589096938 user_id=235489]
Misfits wrote:
Hi BGN ,

Hello,
[/quote] omg, thank you so much MuhammadM86 you have made me feel better about the whole situation. One question, should I upload both of her passports as ID or just one? As I’ve upload her British one as proof of ID, but I realised that I put her nationality as French and can’t change it. Should I just upload her french passport too?

Makicaks
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Makicaks » Mon May 11, 2020 10:52 am

I've got my pre-settled today.

So my timeline was:
Application submitted: 16th of January
Biometrics: 20th of January (paid 60 pounds to do it asap)
COA: 28th of February - I called them 3 times and sent an email because it has been more than a month since I submitted biometrics and I did not even have COA. Eventually, they sent it.
Decision: 11th of May- Sent several emails and called 2 times in March and April. The last email was about the expired visa last week and then they called me to make sure that I understand that if I have COA, I am fine. They told me that they are processing applications during the pandemic but under slightly reduced working times.

So it was four months for me. Overall, I am quite happy that it didn't take longer because I know that it took approx. 3-4months even before the virus. I applied with EEA Family Permit as a durable partner, no BRP.

Thank you for all of your support, really. I just wanted to share this info, to help you manage your expectations. I know how stressful it is to be waiting.

And good luck!

M.

BGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BGB » Mon May 11, 2020 11:08 am

Makicaks wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 10:52 am

So my timeline was:
COA: 28th of February - I called them 3 times and sent an email because it has been more than a month since I submitted biometrics and I did not even have COA. Eventually, they sent it.
Decision: 11th of May- Sent several emails and called 2 times in March and April. The last email was about the expired visa last week and then they called me to make sure that I understand that if I have COA, I am fine. They told me that they are processing applications during the pandemic but under slightly reduced working times.

So it was four months for me. Overall, I am quite happy that it didn't take longer because I know that it took approx. 3-4months even before the virus. I applied with EEA Family Permit as a durable partner, no BRP.

Thank you for all of your support, really. I just wanted to share this info, to help you manage your expectations. I know how stressful it is to be waiting.

And good luck!

M.
Congratulations!!
If I may ask, what did you bring with you to your biometrics appointment and did you book it through UKVCAS? And did you go to a core or enhanced service point?

lifeinpain101
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by lifeinpain101 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:11 pm

Congratulations!!
If I may ask, what did you bring with you to your biometrics appointment and did you book it through UKVCAS? And did you go to a core or enhanced service point?
[/quote]

Hello

For the biometrics, you need to book through the UKVCAS website and it does not matter if it is core or enhanced. Just book the most convenient for you in terms of date, location and price (some can be free, you just have to search carefully but it might be a later appointment than paid appointments that can be for the next day).
You just need to bring your passport, the receipt for the appointment and they will take your picture, your fingerprints and your signature. That is it.

thezy
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by thezy » Mon May 11, 2020 2:39 pm

thezy wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:50 am
I'm a Brazilian student on a Tier-4 visa doing a PhD in the UK since 2017. I have been in a relationship with my partner since 2014 and we got married in England on Jan 29, 2020. My husband got his pre-settled status in September 2019.

Applied: 31/01/2020
Biometrics: 21/02/2020 (free appointment)
Further documents: 27/02/2020
COA: waiting
UPDATE
Applied: 31/01/2020
Biometrics: 21/02/2020 (free appointment)
Further documents: 27/02/2020
COA: 23/04/2020
Outcome: waiting...

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:11 pm

Makicaks wrote:

So my timeline was:

And good luck!

M.
Congrats
Happy for you

BGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BGB » Mon May 11, 2020 6:33 pm

lifeinpain101 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:11 pm
Congratulations!!
Hello

For the biometrics, you need to book through the UKVCAS website and it does not matter if it is core or enhanced. Just book the most convenient for you in terms of date, location and price (some can be free, you just have to search carefully but it might be a later appointment than paid appointments that can be for the next day).
You just need to bring your passport, the receipt for the appointment and they will take your picture, your fingerprints and your signature. That is it.
[/quote]

Thank you for replying you’re helping me so much. Another question where do I get the biometric receipt from? Will it come by post or email? Cos I have an email saying I should book my biometric appointment which of course I can’t do it right now, and other than my passport I don’t need to bring other documents right? Because my UKVCAS has a section that says upload documents, so do I bring those same documents to the appointment?

lifeinpain101
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by lifeinpain101 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:17 pm

BGB wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:33 pm
lifeinpain101 wrote:
Congratulations!!
Hello

Thank you for replying you’re helping me so much. Another question where do I get the biometric receipt from? Will it come by post or email? Cos I have an email saying I should book my biometric appointment which of course I can’t do it right now, and other than my passport I don’t need to bring other documents right? Because my UKVCAS has a section that says upload documents, so do I bring those same documents to the appointment?
[/quote]

hello
Then, you will need to wait until the UKVCAS centres resume their work to book an appointment. Once you book the appointment (and pay if there is a fee) you will receive an email to confirm your appointment that you will have to print and take with you. You will only need the passport for the appointment. They will scan it and upload it directly in your UKVCAS section. Therefore, nothing to upload from your part.

Hope it helps

traveller9765
Newly Registered

Post by traveller9765 » Mon May 11, 2020 8:27 pm

Makicaks wrote:

So my timeline was:

And good luck!

M.
Congrats and you can finally relax until 5 years time. I submitted my biometrics 10 days after yours so hoping for a decision soon. Can I ask what supporting documents you supplied for your application if any.

Thanks

Makicaaa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Post by Makicaaa » Mon May 11, 2020 11:06 pm

BGB wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:33 pm
lifeinpain101 wrote:
Congratulations!!
Hello

[/quote]

I know what you mean, upload the same documents you did uploaded before. You don't bring documents with you, just passport, brp if you have and confirmation of appointment. You cannot book now I guess (because of covid19), but when they reopen you book through ukvcas. Hope it helps.

Makicaaa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Post by Makicaaa » Mon May 11, 2020 11:07 pm

eke123 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:11 pm
Makicaks wrote:

So my timeline was:

And good luck!

M.
Congrats
Happy for you
Thank you. This group was a huge support