ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard to Super Priority service changes

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

har_p3

Standard to Super Priority service changes

Post by har_p3 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 am

Hi,

I want to start making an application for 10 year long term residence route. I would have gone for Super priority service under the normal circumstances. However, due to the current situation, that option is not available. So my question is, if I make an application now under standard service, will I be able to change it later to Super priority service once the lockdown situation is over and they start giving appointments?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Standard to Super Priority service changes

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:15 am

will I be able to change it later to Super priority service once the lockdown situation is over and they start giving appointments?
No, once you submit and pay, there is no 'upgrade to super priority' option.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:41 pm

Thanks for the response.

The published SLA for standard service is 6 months. However, in the current climate it could be for even much longer (for understandable reasons). Does that mean that the applicant can not leave the country all those months while the application is in the process? Are there any exception to this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:51 pm

Once you have enrolled your biometrics (when the centres reopen), you cannot travel out of the UK as your application will then be considered withdrawn and you lose your fee paid. There are no exceptions. Applications rarely take 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Sun May 10, 2020 10:33 am

Thanks for your reply and really appreciate your help on this. As we all understand these are unprecedented times and an expert advise to guide through difficult times is always beneficial.

Basically, here is my situation. We are a family of three . We all have finished our 10 year long term stay in this country (finished in April). My current work visa (Tier 2) is valid till December 2020. Both me and my wife have also cleared our Life In UK Test. I have also done the NARIC certification for language requirement. However, my wife's B1 SELT test was booked in April and have been rescheduled indefinitely.
Under the normal circumstances, I would have opted for Super priority service for three of us together to minimize the wait time for the decision on our application. However, these are anything but normal circumstances. So the questions I have really are;
    : Would you recommend that I apply for the standard service now or should wait for super priority service to be made available considering my basic requirement of not being restricted to travel for long time once the lockdown situation is relaxed.
      : Given the fact that my wife's B1 test has not happened yet, can I apply for her now for the standard service and pay for it assuming she will be able to take her B1 test before our bio metric appointment date? If you think I can, what should I put against the question on English knowledge requirement in the application form?

zimba
      Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 10, 2020 5:24 pm

Priority service is NOT offered anymore it seems. UKVI's backlog could be huge and they will focus on clearing that before letting people on the priority service again I think. Your wife should apply now and upload the certificate before the appointment. I also think you should forget about travelling in general as the UK is just to introduce quarantine on return soon. Travelling is not gonna go back to normal anytime soon
      Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Mon May 11, 2020 8:41 am

Thanks for your response and advise on this.

In the application form, there are three questions related to English language requirement with first being;

Have you passed an approved English language test?

Presumably, the answer for this has to be a "No" for my wife as she has not been able to give her test so far. Is that how it should be? Or do we have to say "Yes" here? If we say "Yes" then it asks further details on "How did you get the results?" for which possible choices are Certificate and Online Result. Which will not be a correct and factual answer at this stage.

So just want to confirm if we can say "No" to this question and later upload the result of the test once she clears it? Is this appropriate?

zimba
      Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon May 11, 2020 2:56 pm

Answer YES and upload the evidence later as repeated several times.
      Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice