ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stage 2 : Date of entry after 6 months from the Stage 1 approval

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jawabpm
Newly Registered
Mood:

Stage 2 : Date of entry after 6 months from the Stage 1 approval

Post by jawabpm » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:54 pm

All
I'm not living in the UK, received my TIER 1 ( Exceptional Talent) endorsement stage 1 last week and was informed to go for Stage 2 in 3 months from the date of approval.
1) How many years I can choose for stamping - Stage 2? ( 5 / 4 /3 Years)
2) Due to Indefinite Leave to Remain, Can I choose to get the date of entry to the UK by June 2020? (i.e. after 6 months from the stage 1 approval)

Pls clarify.
Thanks

donatello
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Stage 2 : Date of entry after 6 months from the Stage 1 approval

Post by donatello » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:38 am

I have a similar question on the date of entry. Can you apply for a date of entry 3-6 months later from the time of Stage 2 approval while the application date for Stage2 is within the 3 month validity of the endorsement?

digger74
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by digger74 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:50 am

As per my experience, home office will grant you the vignette to enter the U.K. with your proposed travel date to collect your BRP (and first entry into UK on this visa) within 3 months of the date of your application for stage-2. I had chosen a date 5-months out initially and they asked me to provide a new date.

digger74
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by digger74 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:52 am

jawabpm wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:54 pm
All
I'm not living in the UK, received my TIER 1 ( Exceptional Talent) endorsement stage 1 last week and was informed to go for Stage 2 in 3 months from the date of approval.
1) How many years I can choose for stamping - Stage 2? ( 5 / 4 /3 Years)
2) Due to Indefinite Leave to Remain, Can I choose to get the date of entry to the UK by June 2020? (i.e. after 6 months from the stage 1 approval)

Pls clarify.
Thanks
The key is date of application for stage 2. The date of entry must be within 3-months of that date.

Re the duration it is up to you but min 3 yrs are needed to secure an ILR. But if you have a spouse who will join you, they need 5-yes before ILR is approved so you may want to align your dates to be the same.

JasK
Newly Registered

Post by JasK » Mon May 11, 2020 5:01 pm

Hi,

Congrats for getting endorsed.

1) How many years I can choose for stamping - Stage 2? 3 years as its global talent
2) Due to Indefinite Leave to Remain, Can I choose to get the date of entry to the UK by June 2020? (i.e. after 6 months from the stage 1 approval) - suggesting keep it 3 months

Regards,
Jas