ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR domestic abuse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nabil26
Newly Registered

ILR domestic abuse

Post by Nabil26 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:23 am

Dear everyone.
I am in 5 years route spouse visa I have been in the UK for nearly 4.5 years I've been through so much of abuse of my ex'wife and her daughter that we are all living in the same house. I've been some times to the doctors they gave medication I went to the police in November 2019 showed them few video records of the domestic abuse that I was facing such as controlling behaviour, financially, she was against my religion and my beliefs however they was going to caution her but I didn't want to for my
own Safety so they gave a log number at that time.
About a month ago our relationship has broken down due of domestic violence that my wife's daughter has poison my food with bleach without me knowing when I told my wife about it she quick me out of her house to defend her daughter I was sleeping in my car for 2 nights till I found somewhere to stay and then I told the police they took my statement I've explained that my prove Is that the food in the house bin they can take and test it but they told me that they don't have to as what I am saying at that time was enough proof so as they told me also that they are going to take an action
arrest her daughter after providing me with crime reference number but they have never done nothing and the last information that Ive had of them that
they have stopped the investigation due to Covid-19 and they are trying to avoid any contact to not to risk the spread of the pandemic and also I
never had enough proofs (which is weird). I felt that I've lost my rights and it start affecting me motionally untill I felt suicide. I've advised to
contact my GP so I did and they send me to N&E in the hospital then I start taking depression and sleeping medications and they put me off work for two weeks in the main time I'm getting couceling session been provided of one the organisations. I start feeling a bit better now and I have to start
thinking about my visa status as I believe the only way I going to deal with this is to apply for ilr under domestic violence.I also have my some statements from freinds and my team supervisors from work as they knew what i was going through.
I would like your opinions and advices guys regarding my matter thank you very much and I will keep you updated with any steps I go through.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Ilr domestic abuse

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat May 09, 2020 8:59 am

I never had enough proofs (which is weird)
That's the problem in this case :(

There are cases of abuse where the abuser doesn't leave a lot of physical proof. So it's normal that sometimes there isn't a single proof apart from the victim own account.

However, in this case, you reported the story to the police and they didn't feel it was substantiated enough to take action.

You shared your story with your colleagues but they are not independent witnesses who can corroborate your claims.

If I see something and tell that to 10 people, this is not going to create 10 independent witnesses. These 10 people don't know anything more than what I told them.

In other hand, testimonies from neighbours, family members, friends, professionals who directly witnessed the abuse have more value.

The route you are considering exists but it requires a high standard of proof. It won't work just because you say you were abused. You need to demonstrate that as much as possible.

Nabil26
Newly Registered

Re: ILR domestic abuse

Post by Nabil26 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:32 am

Thanks for your time reading and replying to my matter. If I have a the crime reference number plus medical report that this had affected me mentally when I am going through medical support and counselling at the minute, would it be sufficient to my application to home office. Its not really easy to go through this.
Thank you