ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extension help needed!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Heenaf0524
Newly Registered

Post by Heenaf0524 » Tue May 12, 2020 2:17 pm

Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could kindly help me. My husband’s visa extension is coming up in 2 months, I wanted to ask a few questions as it’s a bit confusing.

1. Marriage Certificate (we got religiously married in the UK in 2013 but as Islamic marriage certificate wasn’t considered a correct proof of marriage, I had to go back home in 2015 to my husband’s country Pakistan to get married getting the recognised marriage certificate. On the visa extension form where it asks when did I get married, do I put details for our marriage in 2013 or 2015.

2. Also there is another question asking when did me and my husband start living together. Now me and him were living together from 2011-2015, as his visa got rejected he returned to his home country in 2015. He then returned back in 2017 when he was granted the visa so we are living together since 2017 now. In the answer do I state the time we lived together before his return to the country or after he returned.

3. It says where have you lived together? does this mean from the time he was granted his visa in 2017 or from when we started our relationship that was in 2011.

Also when he came back in 2017 we lived with my mum for 1 year so can my mum just write a statement for proof of staying together or we do we need some kind of bank statement as No bills were on our name.

I will really appreciate if someone could help.

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Visa extension help needed!

Post by seagul » Tue May 12, 2020 2:34 pm

Heenaf0524 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:17 pm
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could kindly help me. My husband’s visa extension is coming up in 2 months, I wanted to ask a few questions as it’s a bit confusing.

1. Marriage Certificate (we got religiously married in the UK in 2013 but as Islamic marriage certificate wasn’t considered a correct proof of marriage, I had to go back home in 2015 to my husband’s country Pakistan to get married getting the recognised marriage certificate. On the visa extension form where it asks when did I get married, do I put details for our marriage in 2013 or 2015.

2. Also there is another question asking when did me and my husband start living together. Now me and him were living together from 2011-2015, as his visa got rejected he returned to his home country in 2015. He then returned back in 2017 when he was granted the visa so we are living together since 2017 now. In the answer do I state the time we lived together before his return to the country or after he returned.

3. It says where have you lived together? does this mean from the time he was granted his visa in 2017 or from when we started our relationship that was in 2011.

Also when he came back in 2017 we lived with my mum for 1 year so can my mum just write a statement for proof of staying together or we do we need some kind of bank statement as No bills were on our name.

I will really appreciate if someone could help.

Thank you.
1. 2015

2. Check your initial application/previous application as what had you stated there. The same should be replied here.

3. See reply2

You will need 6 piece of documents from at least 3 sources covering the last 2 years.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue May 12, 2020 2:39 pm

Heenaf0524 wrote:
The details for the marriage that will be legally recognised by the UK government.
Heenaf0524 wrote:
I would take this to mean from when you have most recently started living together continuously. If you would like to expand on an answer for which there is no space in the online application form to do so, you could consider including the explanation in a cover letter uploaded with you supporting documents.
Heenaf0524 wrote:
The first time it asks this in the application form, I believe it is referring to the address you currently live at. There will be other questions on the application form with space to provide any address details for each/both of you in the previous two years. Anything beyond two years prior to the application date would likely have to be included in a cover letter if you believe it to be relevant, but this application is primarily focused on the last two years of address history.
Heenaf0524 wrote:
You will have to supply evidence of cohabitation for the last two years as supporting documentation. This generally takes the form of 6 pieces of correspondence from at least 3 different official sources addressed to both of you at the same address. Any item of joint correspondence can be replaced with 2 items of individually addressed correspondence (1 for each of you). Completing the online application form will generate a document checklist that will further detail this requirement. Examples of acceptable correspondence would include bank statements, utility bills, letters from GP and letters from government departments (DVLA, NHS, HMRC, etc.).

I don't disagree with seagul that the answers should largely be the same as your previous application but because of the wording of the questions in the application and typical focus on the last two years, much of your situation may be best explained in a cover letter so it's clear if there isn't sufficient space to detail it on the application form.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Heenaf0524
Newly Registered

Post by Heenaf0524 » Tue May 12, 2020 2:44 pm

Thank you for replying.
So for where it says where have you “lived” together should I put my current address or do I put my mums address as it doesn’t give me an option to put more than one address. ( we have lived at the current address nearly 2 years)

Heenaf0524
Newly Registered

Post by Heenaf0524 » Tue May 12, 2020 2:49 pm

Thank you again for your help :)

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue May 12, 2020 2:55 pm

Heenaf0524 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:44 pm
So for where it says where have you “lived” together should I put my current address or do I put my mums address as it doesn’t give me an option to put more than one address. ( we have lived at the current address nearly 2 years)
There will be questions later in the application form for any other addresses in the last 2 years not already mentioned. I would put the current address in the first space.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue May 12, 2020 2:58 pm

geoeng wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:39 pm

I don't disagree with seagul that the answers should largely be the same as your previous application but because of the wording of the questions in the application and typical focus on the last two years, much of your situation may be best explained in a cover letter so it's clear if there isn't sufficient space to detail it on the application form.
As we all are well aware that UKVI most often exercise very unpredictable eccentricities when processing or picking some information from you. Despite the relationship must be proved through 2 years of cohabitation but still the answers of few questions such as at below must ideally be remained same:

"When did you started living together"
When was your relationship started"
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Heenaf0524
Newly Registered

Post by Heenaf0524 » Tue May 12, 2020 3:07 pm

As we all are well aware that UKVI most often exercise very unpredictable eccentricities when processing or picking some information from you. Despite the relationship must be proved through 2 years of cohabitation but still the answers of few questions such as at below must ideally be remained same:

So in the application I will write we started living together in 2017, that’s when he returned back from his home country after getting the visa. But I will attach a cover letter stating we started living together in 2011 but he had to go back in 2015 so during 2015 to 2017 he was in Pakistan.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue May 12, 2020 3:14 pm

Heenaf0524 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:07 pm

So in the application I will write we started living together in 2017, that’s when he returned back from his home country after getting the visa. But I will attach a cover letter stating we started living together in 2011 but he had to go back in 2015 so during 2015 to 2017 he was in Pakistan.
Yes covering letter will be a good idea giving all key dates.

Heenaf0524
Newly Registered

Post by Heenaf0524 » Mon May 18, 2020 12:30 pm

Hi again, hope you all well

So I’ve just received my bank statements for the last 2 years but I don’t have any with my old address on there would that be any problem?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon May 18, 2020 3:32 pm

Heenaf0524 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:30 pm
Hi again, hope you all well

So I’ve just received my bank statements for the last 2 years but I don’t have any with my old address on there would that be any problem?
You can attach other evidences too which almost everyone receive such as letters from hrmc/council/nhs/dvla, mobile/internet bill etc.

Heenaf0524
Newly Registered

Post by Heenaf0524 » Thu May 21, 2020 6:16 pm

Thank you for your reply.

My husband got an email from the test centre that does to covid-19 the exam has been suspended! I really don’t know what to do? I called the home office and 2 people said 2 different things! I’m so confuseddd!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu May 21, 2020 6:31 pm

Heenaf0524 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:16 pm
Thank you for your reply.

My husband got an email from the test centre that does to covid-19 the exam has been suspended! I really don’t know what to do? I called the home office and 2 people said 2 different things! I’m so confuseddd!
If you read the forum then will see that a lot other members too facing same ordeal. UKVI telephone operators aren't trained over immigration matters rather are simply an agency hired security receptionist. You just apply in timely and then keep continue to find the date for test for which you will have plenty of time to take because ukvcas centres & test centres both will more likely be reopened concurrently.

Heenaf0524
Newly Registered

Post by Heenaf0524 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:17 pm

Thank you seagul :)

Heenaf0524
Newly Registered

Post by Heenaf0524 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:24 pm

Sorry one last thing I wanted to ask. When I submit the application do I attach all the supporting documentation along with it because I don’t know what the steps are. I mean does the application form gets submitted online and we send other documentation separately.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:01 pm

You submit and pay online. You upload documents to the separate ukcvas sopra steria website portal. Ukcvas is the same place you also enroll biometrics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Heenaf0524
Newly Registered

Post by Heenaf0524 » Thu May 21, 2020 11:20 pm

Thank you for your help :)

Heenaf0524
Newly Registered

Post by Heenaf0524 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:25 pm

Hi everyone hope all are good and safe.

I am going to apply for my husband spouse visa extension which is expiring in end of July I have made a list of what I have. It would be a huge help if anyone got let me know if I have missed out on anything.

For the English test we are still waiting for the date so we will still apply but WON’T book biometric appointment.

😊

Checklist

Application filled in

Sponsor Salary above 18,600
Nov 2019 May 2020 (payslips)
Nov 2020-May 2020 (bank statements
Employment letter
P60

Joint tenancy agreement 1/11/2018 (current address)
Joint council tax from April 2020 (current address)
Joint water bill statement July 2019 (current address)

Pakistan marriage certificate duplicate STAMPED CERTIFIED

Sponsor Birth certificate

Letter from my mum confirming we lived with her from when my husband came till we moved out Nov 2017-Nov 2018

Sponsor Virgin mobile bill July 2018 (old address)
Bank statement Dec 2017 (old address)
Sponsor Vodafone bill April 2020 (current address)
Utility annual statement Nov 2018 -Nov 2019 (current address)
Credit card statement ( current address)

Applicant
English requirements (not done yet as we booked but got cancelled because the centres were closed, still waiting for date)

GP letter confirming old address and current address
Toto Energy welcome letter Nov 2017 (old address)
NI number Letter
Utility letter confirming he was and old customer switched from Toto from April 2018 till Nov 2018
Bank statements Barclays March 2018 (old address)
Bank statement NatWest April 2020 (current address)
Credit card statement (current address)

Holiday in Morocco itinerary Nov 2019
Pakistan Itinerary Aug 2018

Cover letter.

Please let me know if I have missed out anything or can add

Thank you for your time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:38 pm

P60

Holiday in Morocco itinerary Nov 2019
Pakistan Itinerary Aug 2018

Cover letter.
None of this is necessary or needed.
Sponsor Birth certificate
Don't you have a passport?? You only need your British passport. Birth cert is not required.
Letter from my mum confirming we lived with her from when my husband came till we moved out Nov 2017-Nov 2018

Sponsor Virgin mobile bill July 2018 (old address)

NI number Letter
Utility letter confirming he was and old customer switched from Toto from April 2018 till Nov 2018
How much of this is for you and how much is for your spouse applying for an extension?? It is unclear from the post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Heenaf0524
Newly Registered

Post by Heenaf0524 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:48 pm

Thanks for replying

Regards to the passport yes I have a british passport I was born here I thought they needed birth certificate but I Will provide my Passport.

The rest is for proof of cohabitation.

APPLICANT (husband)
NI number Letter

(Both)Letter from my mum confirming we lived with her from when my husband came till we moved out Nov 2017-Nov 2018

Sponsor (me)Virgin mobile bill July 2018 (old address)