ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for spouse using SET(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

praveeny
Newly Registered

ILR for spouse using SET(M)

Post by praveeny » Sun May 10, 2020 2:20 pm

Hi All,

my wife current visa expires on 14 June and she is eligible for ILR. I am planning to submit the application in next few weeks . I have few questions -

1. My job finished end of March, I have enough earning in the last 1 year but currently am out of job. Is this a problem ? because of this reason i cant submit April2020 pay slip

2.my wife is yet to write LifeinUK, i have booked it for 25 June but this is after her visa expires. Is that a problem or can i submit the application online before visa expires and provide the lifeinuk letter later during biometrics ?

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: ILR for spouse using SET(M)

Post by seagul » Sun May 10, 2020 2:58 pm

praveeny wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:20 pm
Hi All,

my wife current visa expires on 14 June and she is eligible for ILR. I am planning to submit the application in next few weeks . I have few questions -

1. My job finished end of March, I have enough earning in the last 1 year but currently am out of job. Is this a problem ? because of this reason i cant submit April2020 pay slip

2.my wife is yet to write LifeinUK, i have booked it for 25 June but this is after her visa expires. Is that a problem or can i submit the application online before visa expires and provide the lifeinuk letter later during biometrics ?

Thank you

1. You will also need a recently issued employer letter. If you have cash savings or your partner is working then can use/combine her earning.

2. All the tests are still closed so for escaping in becoming an overstayer just apply in timely but add a covering letter explaining that you will supply liuk test certificate later.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

praveeny
Newly Registered

Post by praveeny » Sun May 10, 2020 10:46 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

option 1:
My wife is working currently but her income alone won't be sufficient- So i can't apply just with her income.

Option 2:
I am not working currently (finished job 31 march) but my income alone is enough. Can i apply with just my income and a employment letter stating "I worked from jun 2018 to 31 Mar 2020" ?

Option 3:
So if i merge my income and her income , should both of us be in a job currently ?
I have been with that employer from June 2018 till 31 March 2020 and can get a letter stating that but will it be enough ?

The documentation online says last 6 months payslips, i don't have the most recent one (April 2020)

Let me know which option will work ?

or should i definitely get a job and then only apply for her ILR

Thanks
Prav

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun May 10, 2020 10:59 pm

praveeny wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:46 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

option 1:
My wife is working currently but her income alone won't be sufficient- So i can't apply just with her income.

Option 2:
I am not working currently (finished job 31 march) but my income alone is enough. Can i apply with just my income and a employment letter stating "I worked from jun 2018 to 31 Mar 2020" ?

Option 3:
So if i merge my income and her income , should both of us be in a job currently ?
I have been with that employer from June 2018 till 31 March 2020 and can get a letter stating that but will it be enough ?

The documentation online says last 6 months payslips, i don't have the most recent one (April 2020)

Let me know which option will work ?

or should i definitely get a job and then only apply for her ILR

Thanks
Prav
Option 3 might be appropriate to fall under category B if the combination of both of yours income during the last 12 months has been at least £18600. And secondly for this purpose the combined income of both of you must have been at least £9300 during the last 6 months. Wherever your payslips is unavailable then add your partner's one. Under this route you would have to attach all yours and partner payslips during the last 12 months & the corresponding bank statements and the employer letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

praveeny
Newly Registered

Post by praveeny » Tue May 12, 2020 10:25 pm

Hi

Thank you

regards
praveen