ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR along with dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Stans11
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Applying ILR along with dependent

Post by Stans11 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:27 am

Dear members and gurus,

I have a question about applying ILR along with my dependent. I am on ILR based on long residence of 10 years.
This July my partner will be eligible to apply for ILR (10 years). Our child is not born in the UK. She is 11 years old and has been living here since Sep 2012.

Based on my experience I can use following link to apply for ILR (long residence).

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1588861402

1) My question is how can we include our daughter in the ILR? as a dependent? People in the forum said Set (o) and Set (f). Is my daughter eligible for Set(O) or Set(F)? If yes, how would I specify this is based on Set (O) or Set(f) in the same application? My understanding is that Set(o) is a lot easier as it requires less documentation. Could you please let me know how to include my daughter in the my partner's ILR application, if it is possible. If I have to use a different link, could you please show me which link to use.

2) My second question is: At the moment my partner and daughter have a pending visa, which is to become my dependent. (FLR M). I heard that I can vary their visas and this means I can save money. But I am wondering how I can vary their visas if their visas are still pending in July. Is it possible to do it in the above link?

I would like to thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying ILR along with dependent

Post by CR001 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:43 am

1. You cannot include dependents on form SET LR. It does NOT permit dependents to apply. Wait till your dependent gets ILR then apply on SET(F) for the child once both parents have ILR, provided the visa validity permits this.

2. You have to make the ILR application and pay the fee. HO will likely take this as varying (zimba can explain more) and you can include a letter explaining with the supporting documents. Again, your child CANNOT apply for ILR on SET(LR).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Stans11
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Stans11 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:09 am

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

What is gonna happen to my daughter's pending application as she is dependent on my partner's FLR (M) visa.

Say, HO office vary my partner's visa. My daughter is her dependent on the pending visa. What should I do?

In terms of varying Zimba, could you explain it to me.

Kind regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:11 am

Apply SET(F) then for daughter referencing the SET(LR) application for your spouse.

You have to make the ILR applications of each dependent separately and pay the ILR fees.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.