ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion on naturalization applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chand92
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: General discussion on naturalization applications

Post by chand92 » Tue May 12, 2020 3:47 pm

Hello every one,
i am sharing this information on behalf of my husband s application for AN.

Today Our MP received this reply from HO.
Dear ------------

Thank you for your email correspondence of ---- April 2020 with enclosures on behalf of Mr ABCDEF, about his immigration matter.

Mr ABCDEF submitted an application for Naturalization as a British Citizen on (…….) 2019. This is currently outstanding. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by incorrect correspondence previously sent to Mr ABCDEF. This was the result of an unfortunate administrative error.

As you may be aware, our service standard is that we will complete 100% of workable and straightforward Naturalisation cases within six months. The definition of a workable case, and what we expect from our customers, is available on our website at: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk- ... r-services. Where further information is required, the case will not be classed as workable, and may take longer to decide.

Naturalisation is not an entitlement and before granting British citizenship we must be satisfied that an applicant meets all statutory requirements. It is standard policy to undertake a number of enquiries before an application for naturalisation can be decided. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.

So far, the enquiries have not been completed with regard to Mr ABCDEF’s application. As soon as we are in a position to reach a decision we will notify him accordingly.

Please be aware that due to current government advice and the situation in relation to COVID-19 infection, we have changed our working practices to keep both staff and customers safe. Applications may take longer than usual to conclude and we kindly ask for patience during this period and would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience or distress this may cause.

We fully appreciate that any delays can cause frustration during what can be an anxious time for applicants. However, I can assure you that the decision-making team are endeavouring to provide high quality decisions as soon as operationally possible.
You’re sincerely
--------------------

slavipg
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by slavipg » Tue May 12, 2020 3:49 pm

Stefan Piatek wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:40 am
Today I received an answer to the question about the status of my naturalization application.
"Your application is currently awaiting allocation to a caseworker".
Does it mean that it is already checked and waiting for the assignment or does it mean that nothing has been done so far and is waiting? If nothing has begun yet, how does it relate to information from HO that they consider cases according to the date of receipt?
Hi, i think the application is in a queue awaithing caseworker to start to review your application.
Also I believe that in the next few weeks caseworkers will aim and manage to clear the backlog of applications recieved till March

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Tue May 12, 2020 4:52 pm

chand92 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:47 pm
Hello every one,
i am sharing this information on behalf of my husband s application for AN.

Today Our MP received this reply from HO.
Dear ------------

Thank you for your email correspondence of ---- April 2020 with enclosures on behalf of Mr ABCDEF, about his immigration matter.

Mr ABCDEF submitted an application for Naturalization as a British Citizen on (…….) 2019. This is currently outstanding. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by incorrect correspondence previously sent to Mr ABCDEF. This was the result of an unfortunate administrative error.

As you may be aware, our service standard is that we will complete 100% of workable and straightforward Naturalisation cases within six months. The definition of a workable case, and what we expect from our customers, is available on our website at: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk- ... r-services. Where further information is required, the case will not be classed as workable, and may take longer to decide.

Naturalisation is not an entitlement and before granting British citizenship we must be satisfied that an applicant meets all statutory requirements. It is standard policy to undertake a number of enquiries before an application for naturalisation can be decided. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.

So far, the enquiries have not been completed with regard to Mr ABCDEF’s application. As soon as we are in a position to reach a decision we will notify him accordingly.

Please be aware that due to current government advice and the situation in relation to COVID-19 infection, we have changed our working practices to keep both staff and customers safe. Applications may take longer than usual to conclude and we kindly ask for patience during this period and would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience or distress this may cause.

We fully appreciate that any delays can cause frustration during what can be an anxious time for applicants. However, I can assure you that the decision-making team are endeavouring to provide high quality decisions as soon as operationally possible.
You’re sincerely
--------------------
Thanks for sharing that. The link for workable case is not working. Can you send the right link?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 12, 2020 7:38 pm

rozearo wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:52 pm
The link for workable case is not working. Can you send the right link?
About our services.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Wed May 13, 2020 12:57 pm

Stefan Piatek wrote:
Today I received an answer to the question about the status of my naturalization application.
Does it mean that it is already checked and waiting for the assignment or does it mean that nothing has been done so far and is waiting? If nothing has begun yet, how does it relate to information from HO that they consider cases according to the date of receipt?
Hi Stefan,
I received same message last week i took it as not excellent news not bad either in regards to checks first theory its difficult to know exactly if your case has past checks or not as you know HO are funny because first they receive your case it goes to Caseworker for checks and then it goes to waiting as the Caseworker is dealing with other case whilst yours was on checks.
Another theory your application is received no one picks up its there for a while waiting for a Caseworker they email you saying its waiting to be allocated to a Caseworker and when its allocated it will go through checks ive seen this often with people who do SAR they see there file was not touched or no new notes.
Anyways good luck

Goodluck

Humble123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Humble123 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:06 pm

Application - Online
Application Date- 18/02/2020
Biometric Date - 23/03/2020

Email from caseworker requesting for me to scan my old passport on 01/05/2020, I sent it on Monday 4th May.

Sent email requesting for update on my application yesterday 12/05/2020.

Received the email below today 13/05/2020

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

I am pleased to confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, you should receive confirmation of this shortly, please allow at least 28 days from the date of this email.

The Home Office will endeavour to process applications and dispatch correspondence as quickly as possible, however in the current circumstances this will take longer than normal to process.

Kind regards,

UKVI

Hopefully it’s a good news.

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Wed May 13, 2020 3:33 pm

Humble123 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:06 pm
Application - Online

Email from caseworker requesting for me to scan my old passport on 01/05/2020, I sent it on Monday 4th May.

Good Afternoon,

I am pleased to confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, you should receive confirmation of this shortly, please allow at least 28 days from the date of this email.

The Home Office will endeavour to process applications and dispatch correspondence as quickly as possible, however in the current circumstances this will take longer than normal to process.

Kind regards,

UKVI

Hi Humble,
It looks like good news goodluck

chand92
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by chand92 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:40 pm

Stefan Piatek wrote:
I received a similar email on 24/02/2020 that Your application is currently awaiting allocation to a caseworker. I am still waiting for decision, the application still in pending. I applied in October 2019, its been 7 months now and still necessary check is on going my application. The case will not be classed as workable because Corona virus is further delaying decisions at this time, it may take more 6 to 7 months or longer because HO staff not able to do work in this critical situation and corona virus only affecting on HO staff.

SidiBou
Mood:

Post by SidiBou » Wed May 13, 2020 6:31 pm

BoyTed wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:33 pm
Humble123 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:06 pm
Application - Online

Good Afternoon,

Kind regards,

UKVI

My wife received a similar reply yesterday. My question is, have anybody recently received the letter confirmation post receiving such email? and how long it took?

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:58 pm

What is ct3 caseworker enquires ?

Humble123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Humble123 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:26 pm

Malikg123 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:58 pm
Probably it’s the caseworker dealing with your application, I got an email from ct2 on Friday 1st May requesting for more details from me, I sent the requested documents. I sent email yesterday requesting for my application update and got a response today saying that a decision has been made.

At least your application is being dealt with.

madalina91
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by madalina91 » Thu May 14, 2020 8:10 am

Hello everyone,

I have had an email today that my application has been allocated to a caseworker for consideration. For those of you who have had similar emails, how long have you had to wait before a decision was made?

It is not clear to me if the external checks are done before the application is allocated to a caseworker for consideration. Some of the discussion here seems to suggest so. Just for context I have applied in December 2019 through EU Settled Status route.

Thank you!

Humble123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Humble123 » Thu May 14, 2020 8:30 am

madalina91 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:10 am
Hello everyone,

I have had an email today that my application has been allocated to a caseworker for consideration. For those of you who have had similar emails, how long have you had to wait before a decision was made?

It is not clear to me if the external checks are done before the application is allocated to a caseworker for consideration. Some of the discussion here seems to suggest so. Just for context I have applied in December 2019 through EU Settled Status route.

Thank you!
That’s good a step .. you just have to be positive and I believe you gonna hear back from them with good news within 3-4 weeks hopefully depending on how quick your caseworker is and also how straightforward your application is as well..

I wish you all the best and good luck!

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:51 am

Thank you I ask for update and received reply on 23rd April from ct3 saying decision will be made soon still considering my application.
Shall I contact them again or wait few more weeks.

Humble123 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:26 pm
Malikg123 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:58 pm
Probably it’s the caseworker dealing with your application, I got an email from ct2 on Friday 1st May requesting for more details from me, I sent the requested documents. I sent email yesterday requesting for my application update and got a response today saying that a decision has been made.

At least your application is being dealt with.

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:53 am

madalina91 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:10 am
Hello everyone,

Thank you!

I had same email 1 month ago still waiting and I applied in jan 2020 via Eu permanent residence.

Scar
Newly Registered

Post by Scar » Thu May 14, 2020 11:22 pm

There is 2 new posts in the timeline thread with people saying they have received "approval Email"
Anyone knows what that's about?

gwrade
Newly Registered

Post by gwrade » Fri May 15, 2020 7:28 am

I have asked for an update (I asked the biometrics email). They send me this reply. It seems very generic to me and not sure if the person replying means that my application has not been opened yet. I applied on Feb 2020.

Good morning

Thank you for your email, I apologies for the delay in responding.

The Home Office will endeavour to process applications as quickly as possible but in the current circumstances applications will take longer than normal to process, including applications for British Citizenship. If you have submitted an application and are concerned about missing a deadline to enrol biometrics, provide additional information or take a citizenship ceremony, please be assured that extra time will be allowed and applications will be held open during this period. No adverse decisions will be made on applications because of delays caused by Coronavirus.

Kind Regards

AC12
Mood:
India

Post by AC12 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:41 am

The previous forum was locked so posting on here.

I had received an email from the HO on 22/04 stating that a decision was made on my application on 09/03 and I should be getting the decision letter by 09/05. Anyone else had a similar email and have you received the decision letter yet? The enquiry email mentioned in the email from the HO below, does not exist and the helpline number folks have no clue about any letters being dispatched etc !

**************************************************************************************
"Good Afternoon,

According to our records, the caseworker has made an decision on your application on the 9 March 2020. If you not received it already, you should receive it shortly.

However, if you not received the decision letter by 9 May 2020, I would advise you to either contact the Helpdesk by phoning them on 0300 123 2253 or send an e-mail the below address with your enquiry:

Nationality_Enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I hope this was of some assistance.

Regards
Thanks"

igheorghe
Newly Registered

Post by igheorghe » Fri May 15, 2020 7:47 am

I got a reply last week but not stating the outcome:

Good Morning,

I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, you should receive confirmation of this shortly, please allow at least 28 days from the date of this email.

Kind regards,

UKVI

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Fri May 15, 2020 8:47 am

Has soemthing changed in past couple of days as couple of members receievd email stating 'approvals' emails??

Does this means that homeoffice is now sending the approval emails not letters?

standrews

Post by standrews » Fri May 15, 2020 9:37 am

Hi There,

Can someone please share if they have received naturalisation approval email from the Home Office and share the email format and the email address please?

Thanks.

BootaKHAN

Post by BootaKHAN » Fri May 15, 2020 10:22 am

Yes , I think HO start processing because very seen first message in March thread that someone applied in March 9th and got approved . Let’s hope every will get soon positive reply

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Fri May 15, 2020 11:20 am

I have seen that 2 members have received their approval decision through emails.

It would be useful if they can post here what exactly was sent! I am not sure if the home office has started sending approval by email as I have received a communication from HO that a decision has been made and the decision will be sent in 28 days. It has been 12 days so far and I am still waiting.

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Fri May 15, 2020 11:48 am

rozearo wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:20 am
I have seen that 2 members have received their approval decision through emails.

It would be useful if they can post here what exactly was sent! I am not sure if the home office has started sending approval by email as I have received a communication from HO that a decision has been made and the decision will be sent in 28 days. It has been 12 days so far and I am still waiting.
Hello there

I am also waiting since 2 weeks after the same received update

Hope they start emailing decisions as this will be quite efficient

All the best

mr_iyamu
Newly Registered

Post by mr_iyamu » Sat May 16, 2020 8:17 am

rozearo wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:20 am

Yes, they are now emailing the decisions in pdf format. I know because I received mine yesterday. It was a simple email that you decision has been made, please check attached file for decision. In the attached email is the success letter and then a note reminding you that due to covid-19 ceremonies are on hold but an invitation letter would be sent once government changes movement rules pertaining to covid-19. In the meantime, remember you are not yet British till the ceremony as any mess up by you would lead to a review of your decision letter.
That is good enough for me as I never messed up and dont intend to mess up. I thought I'll give an update and hope my summary was helpful.
Thanks to everyone here who contribute to this board. I pray you receive your good news soon to motivate you to join in rebuilding our economy and taking it back from Covid-19.