ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Ragingtiger0309
India

SAR- Little confused

Post by Ragingtiger0309 » Thu May 14, 2020 3:59 pm

Hi I am applying for my SAR, but I read this I need written confirmation from some professional to obtain SAR? Kindly suggest

Written confirmation of a true likeness
Your photo identification must be accompanied by a written statement, by a person listed below, to provide certification that the photo is a true likeness of you.

The written confirmation on the photo identification must:

use the following words: “I certify that this is a true likeness of [full name of applicant]”
include the name and signature of the person certifying the copy and be dated within the last 6 months
The following people can provide this confirmation:

a legal representative, registered with the Office for the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC)
a solicitor, barrister or chartered legal executive
a commissioner for oaths
a registered charity
We also accept requests that have used the Post Office documentation checking service.

Please advise us if the request relates to a person who is currently in detention, is a minor travelling alone, a victim of domestic abuse and residing in a refuge or is a victim of human trafficking and may as a result of these particular circumstances have difficulty in providing any of the above.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: SAR- Little confused

Post by alterhase58 » Thu May 14, 2020 4:10 pm

The requirement is to have the copy of your ID document certified as a true copy.
Use the Post Office Service: "We also accept requests that have used the Post Office documentation checking service."
Link: https://www.postoffice.co.uk/identity/d ... tification
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 14, 2020 4:15 pm

Topics merged again!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ragingtiger0309
India

Post by Ragingtiger0309 » Thu May 14, 2020 4:20 pm

Thanks again for the quick reply, is there any specific form to take it to the Post office for ID Checks. Please suggest.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 14, 2020 4:21 pm

Why are you applying for a SAR??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ragingtiger0309
India

Post by Ragingtiger0309 » Thu May 14, 2020 4:25 pm

Its for my wife, we dont remember her first arrival in the UK which was in 2020 and old passport is destroyed. I found the form on the postoffice website Thanks

Ragingtiger0309
India

Post by Ragingtiger0309 » Thu May 14, 2020 4:26 pm

sorry it was 2000

Ragingtiger0309
India

Biometrics appointment

Post by Ragingtiger0309 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:52 pm

Hi all, I applied the BRP on 10th Aug but struggling to book an appointment. No appointment is available until the end of Sept and my deadline is 10th Oct. Could anyone please suggest when will it be fully operational. Many thanks