ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Plans to come back (Brit and Pole)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maltman777
Newly Registered

Plans to come back (Brit and Pole)

Post by maltman777 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:20 pm

Hello everyone, let me introduce my self quickly - I'm Colin, a British national currently living in Poland with my girlfriend of 2 and a half years who is Polish. Long story short, and I apologise in advane if this topic has already been covered(I'm sure it has), but I'd like some answers based on my own personal situation if at all possible.

Was on the phone to a guy from an immigration office who was charging set fees to help with applications on going back but it left me wondering if I even need to do that. I'd like to come back before December before this crazy points system visa thing comes in, which is good in some ways. However, I'm led to believe that obviously being a Brit/Scot whatever that I'm entitled to stay anyway and that if my girlfriend were to join me, she's be able to apply for pre-settled status AS LONG AS she's in and settled before December 31st 2020. Am I right in saying this or have any other changes been made to that particular system?

Any other information you think I'd need would be much appreciated as I'm as dumb as they come when it comes to politics, migration etc etc.

Nice to meet you all and hope you're all staying safe!

maltman777
Newly Registered

Difference between visas and settled schemes.

Post by maltman777 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:11 pm

I saw that admins had put a list of fees for visas earlier to which I can't reply. What is the difference between that list and people applying for settled and pre-settled schemes

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Plans to come back (Brit and Pole)

Post by CR001 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:18 pm

Kindly keep your questions in one topic rather that in sub forum not relevant to EU citizens.

The fees are relevant to visa for non EU or non British migrants to live and work or study in the uk.

There are no application fees for the settlement scheme under appendix EU.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.